• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's SC4 Projects

Started by art128, August 12, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 24, 2012, 09:46:27 AM
What about your previous computer? Or is it the same HD?

Cheers
Willy

Same HDD. ;_;

That's why I hoped for it not to be prop pox. Well seems like this tile is gone. About 3 months-time worth of work. Oh Well.

This will turn the page I guess. I'm thinking about Stopping Hiroshima to create more little regions instead. like regions centered around one city instead of a big area. Still Japanese styled though.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mrbisonm

Before putting the ax into your computer, ()sad()  check the detail settings of your game.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

art128

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 24, 2012, 09:50:12 AM
Before putting the ax into your computer, ()sad()  check the detail settings of your game.

Fred

Don't worry I have no ax. :D

And all the settings are on maximum. ;)

" 24 December 2012, the day SC4 ruined Christmas " That sounds like a good title.  $%Grinno$%

i'll slip a question in there. Anyone knows what are the graphic setting on Nvidia to do to avoid the " line " in some BATs ( moslty the FSH i guess)

Props & Texture Catalog

MandelSoft

OK, I encounter the Prop Pox too several times. Here's how I deal with it:

- Play your game in Low Detail settings. Not only will it eventually limit the Pox-effect, it also increases peformance and stability.
- Essential point is that you need to save it under low detail too! This will deactivate most of the props: they are not saved in your save file and this will take a positive effect in the next step.
- When you're going to take pictures, set detail settings to high again. Presto! The props are back! (Well, temporary, but at least you can take awesome pictures).

I hope this helps you out ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

dam, I hope you can get it solved  ()sad()

metarvo

Oh, no!  :shocked2:  I'm sorry about this, Arthur.  This is a bad Christmas present if I ever saw one!  I certainly hope you're still able to show us something good.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

noahclem

Sorry to hear about your troubles Arthur. It's sad to see those pictures because they are so awesome and detailed besides the affected parts. Are you sure it's the pox? Have you checked the size of your savegame files? From what I understand a city has to be quite large/detailed to get the pox (none of my cities have been anywhere close to large enough).

Anyway, best of luck figuring things out and I really hope you manage to have a Merry Christmas  :)

kbieniu7

Huh, bad to hear about another problems.  &mmmI have never met with such errors, I don't know much about solving them, so I cannot give you any advice. I hope that experience of other players would be useful.
However...Merry Christmas, Arthur! Wesołych Świąt!  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Dantes

This is very sad news.  &cry2 :'( :( ()sad() &mmm  Q_Q  T____________T

I'll try to cheer, to the beginning you will get a special letter. Ò_____Ó
*godness-power-and-otaku-power-on* '''°Ä°'''

*kame-hame-haaaaaa*  ;)

Uzil

Sad news. Me first, I know it's hard to leave a region because of this s***.

dedgren

Art, I'll add my condolences to all the others here.  I know from long experience how attached a SC4 player can get to a particular quad.  I've never run into prop pox, but have lost places I never believed I could surpass much less recreate over the years to various glitches.  You know what, though?  It always seemed like I was able to, sooner or later.

Not to go all Nietzsche on you, but what doesn't kill you probably does make you stronger.  I bet in any event you'll be right back, amazing us even more than ever with the things you create with SC4.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

Vortext, you have a wonderful way with words. I'll second David's thoughts here. I've not endured a prop pox, but I have seen parts of my cities disappear for one reason or another. It's never good to lose what you had, but it does offer some interesting opportunities to start fresh for new ideas, or allow better execution of the original plan. I hope it doesn't slow you down too much, it's great to see your works.
-Matt

Kitsune

Art... are you using win7 by any chance? If you are - you should be able to restore the city using a backup of it if win7 was properly backing up your my documents folder.
~ NAM Team Member

art128

Thanks guys for the support.

I decided to put on hold for a time Hiroshima to start a project I had in mind for some time.

But today no update, i'm not ready yet.

However, I have a graphical glitch since I got my computer.

I think someone had this problem before but I can't find it anywhere. If i remember it has something to do with Nvidia's 3D settings. (I have a GTX 650)

Props & Texture Catalog

xannepan

I have the same problem,also on an nvidea card. unfortunately I haven't been able to solve it yet :(

gn_leugim

nvidea cards came with some software with it (or maybe you have to get it in their site donno) maybe tweaking some definitions there you can solve it :\

Shadow Assassin

Turn off Anti Aliasing in nvidia control panel for SC4.

Also, looking good, sometimes lurk in here to see what's new.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

art128

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 12, 2013, 02:28:43 AM
Turn off Anti Aliasing in nvidia control panel for SC4.

Also, looking good, sometimes lurk in here to see what's new.

You are a god among us, Daniel. Thank you very much, it solved this glitch. :)

A new update soon guys!

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

Love the last pictures !
I saw that you had quite some issues with the game, is it ok ?
Can't wait to see the new project, good luck ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

art128

Ok !

Here we go !

Today I present to you my new project-which-will-be-backed-up-everyday, Hakodate!

The region is very small, 3 large tiles wide and 1 large+1medium tiles tall.

So, without any more wait, here are the first pictues. :)

Mosaic from the observation deck (soon to be replaced by the euromast :D ) to the sea.

The station plaza. The station is temporary until I finish creating the real building.

Just a block away from the station.

And that's all for today!

I hope you liked this first update about Hakodate.

-Arthur.  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog