• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bipin's BAT Boutique

Started by Bipin, November 20, 2011, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

In the prop exemplar set "Orient to slope' to False. Note that fences may now float in mid-air, or disappear into the slope. The solution for this is to use multiple, shorter sections to make one continuous fence.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Bipin

Ah, I know exactly how I can make my own now. Thanks Vortext!

Simmer2

Quote from: Bipin on February 19, 2016, 12:13:38 PM
Which one Simmer2? Maybe this will help you decide...

Get ready, guys!   ()stsfd()

Right side first house up. The garage is on the right side though and the bricks are darker
________________________________________________________________________________

compdude787

Looks awesome!!! It's going to be great to now have some 2x2 lots from you! They will go nice with the 1x3 Diaspra house you've released previously.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mattb325

Quote from: Bipin on February 19, 2016, 02:29:41 PM
Thanks, and yes, those fences are my own props. Could you link me to their fences, or at least images? :)

They are all in the CP Vol01 pack: he has made many, many varieties from brick and iron, rural and paling: take a look at the images here...I'm sure something will suit

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15318.msg502340#msg502340

Bipin

The spacing between fence props needs a bit of work, but this should give you an idea of what to expect.  :)

JP Schriefer

Looks great anyway, I'm not even noticing problems with the fences '-'

Bipin

Good to hear Schreifer, thanks! Now, get ready for a slightly noobish question...

How can I optimize my lot/building for growing? People have always complained about how my houses don't grow. What are some tips, suggestions or requests for the modding aspect of these houses?

romualdillo

vortext

Hope you don't mind I just had a look at the Diaspra, and there are some issues with the building exemplars.

The Occupant Size is set to a single 0, and the same goes for the Pollution Radius & Pollution at centre. However, the latter two properties require 4 values - for air, water, garbage & radiation respectively - and the former requires 3 - for width, height & depth of the model.

Not sure how or why the values for these properties got 'corrupted' but I suspect it may explain why they don't grow. My suspicion is corroborated by the error message the building exemplars generate both when loading in SC4PIM and when trying to generate a new lot from them.
time flies like a bird

APSMS

What's weird is that in my game (with CAM), the Diaspra seems exceptionally weedy.

It pops up all over the place, right next to all of my low-occupancy CP and Simcoug houses. I mean, it's a nice house and all, but it seems just a bit much, ya know. Maybe I've got a development version or something buried in my plugins, but I'd kinda like to know why my copy seems to grow so virulently compared to everyone else's experiences.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

woodb3kmaster

I've noticed the same thing as Absalom. I, too, have CAM (now 2.1 Standard), and the Diaspra grows everywhere, despite the property irregularities Erik mentioned. It seems strange that it would grow so much for us and not at all for others.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

vortext

Well, that seems to disproves my theory as to why they wouldn't want to grow, though I'd still fix it if I were you, Bipin.

Turning to the lots themselves in continued investigation I noticed they have a family property, the aptly named LotConfigPropertyFamily. Truth be told, I have no idea what it does or how it works. In fact until now I didn't even know this property existed so if anyone knows more about it, please elaborate because it sounds quite intriguing. At any rate, all Maxis lots have this property as well, and the particular value in the Diaspra ties them into a set of medium wealth Maxis lots ranging from stage 1 to 4. Mixing Maxis with custom content is always a tricky affair, with all the parent cohorts and what not, so I'm wondering if you guys, Zack and Absalom, happen to use a Maxis blocker?

Also, at a capacity of 31 $$ sims and a 1x3 lot size the SC4PIM classifies it as a stage 4 lot, yet they are stage 3. Moreover, the threshold for stage 3 is at a capacity of 17. Or to put that in other words, the lots are at almost twice the capacity for the stage they're in. This may explain why they are so weedy, especially when using the CAM.
time flies like a bird

mgb204

I can also confirm no issues with the Dispira houses growing, although I do use a Maxis blocker for Res. I suspect at 1x3, that's partly down to there being not so many competing lots for their size. Whereas 2x2's I have plenty of options for the simulator to choose from.

I can't say the same for the contemporary condominiums you released though, they will appear, but they aren't frequent in doing so.

What you could do is spread them over a few stages like 3 and 4 with different occupancy values. Combined with a couple lot variations, especially if you can make some lots of varying size with bigger gardens/grounds, I'd imagine that should help them appear more frequently.

APSMS

I don't use a Maxis blocker, but the occupancy may well be the reason for the weeds.

Do you know if I can change the occupancy myself and not affect existing city tiles? The reader tool is able to do this, right?

vortext

Well I got curious and did some testing. Now, while I still have no idea what the LotConfigPropertyFamily does, it doesn't seem to interfere with anything when added to a custom lot. So at this point we'd need more information, preferably from someone who has the problem with Bipin's lots not growing.

The occupancy itself is suitable for the model Absalom. The issue is that lot size does not match the growth stage, which is determined by occupancy/lot size. For example using the same occupancy a stage 3 lot would be 2x3, and a stage 5 lot 1x2. So I'd advise you to change the lot growth stage to 4 instead, where it really should be. You can do this in the Reader indeed, and afaik it doesn't have negative consequences for existing lots/tiles.
time flies like a bird

compdude787

The opposite thing happens with your Contemporary Condominiums lots--they don't grow at all. I have never, ever seen them grow in my cities, which is quite disappointing because they look like such nice houses and would be a nice addition to my sprawling suburbs.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

APSMS

I used to get them back when I started using mods in earnest (also before I installed the CAM); I had whole neighborhoods of his contemporary condominiums. I didn't complain because I didn't understand how plugins worked enough to see a problem (plus they looked very nice).

Interestingly I got my first of Bipin's CC to grow in my reworked San Diego region just last month; I could not, for the life of me, remember where I got it from or who made it. Weird indeed, considering that I didn't have any grow before I opened the game up last month (for the first time in over 5).

Swordmaster

LotConfigPropertyFamily puts props and buildings into a family. The game then randomly selects props and buildings from the family when the lot grows.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

That's what the building/prop family does. Besides, adding just the lotconfig family to a lot doesn't make the buildings behave as if they were in a family. It seems to be just another obscure lot property, along with LotConfigPropertyFencyDefinition, which isn't even used by Maxis, and LotConfigPropertyVersion - it's always 0x02 and changing the value doesn't matter unless it's set to 0x00, than lots won't grow all off the sudden.  ()what()
time flies like a bird