• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filasimo

nerdly dood: if you dont have any question or a logical answer to help someone out with a problem, please dont waste threadspace  &sly thank you
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

Wyldone

Hey, juh..not really an issue or anythin' but..I was just wonderin' somethin'. Since the new Viaduct stations are available only in red it seems, can I just delte the grey viaduct eleveted rails 'n replace 'em with the red ones? I REALLY don't wanna have to reinstall EVERYTHIN'. Otehr than that, these things look GREAT! 10/10!!!

BigSlark

Wyldone,

You can safely delete your Network Addon Mod folder and reinstall it with no ill effects to your cities. Then select the Red Brick viaducts in the installer and the skins magically change the next time you load a city!

I would recommend removing any plugins' folders (Rural Highway Mod, Additional Bridges, and Draggable GLR Station Patches come to mind) before deleting the whole folder as it takes some time to reinstall all of those individually.

Of course, there may be a more elegant solution, but I couldn't find a "Heavy EL-Rail Viaduct" .dat to replace anywhere in my NAM folder.

Cheers,
Kevin

Tarkus

Wyldone, the alternate textures for the Viaducts are contained in separate .dat files which get installed when you select the option in the NAM January 2008 Update installer.  Or, you could just download the Mac version (loose files, no installer ;)) and extract the file from there.

-Alex

Paris

QuoteParis, the ANT Plugin has actually been discontinued.  Its features have all been incorporated into the latest version of the Rural Highway (RHW) mod, v20. 

Thanks Tarkus, I appeaciate your help.

Sadly it does answer my question. Now I know why my older cities turned into a transport mess as soon as I touched them with the new NAM.

Andreas

Quote from: Tarkus on January 14, 2008, 04:26:50 PM
Wyldone, the alternate textures for the Viaducts are contained in separate .dat files which get installed when you select the option in the NAM January 2008 Update installer.  Or, you could just download the Mac version (loose files, no installer ;)) and extract the file from there.

Or simply run the NAM Update installer again, and select another texture style. The grey textures are the new standard style, so there isn't a separate file (I cheated a bit by adding an option for it in the components selection page ;) ). The brown and red styles are separate DATs which are being installed into the NAM Plugins folder. Just delete them manually if you want to pick another style.
Andreas

DrPepper

Quote from: Kitsune on January 11, 2008, 07:55:32 PM
Is there any plans to be make new pieces for the blank tile without poles? It could come in very handy.

For Some Odd Reason my Tiles come with and without poles. I will post a screenie here whenever I can. Right now I don't have the SC4 Disc.
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

Pikatchoum

Hi.

I have a problem whie insallng the update Nam. I've donwloaded the june 2007 version. Then i launched the installer of the update version and the latest rural highway mod. In game, i can see the icons of the differents tools (roundabouts, Rural highway mod etc) but when i clik on them, nothing apears. I tried many time but i just don't see where the problem is. Does omebody have an idea ?

Thanks.

Tarkus

Pikatchoum, sounds like you have the infamous "red cursor" bug.  The only thing that causes that is having outdated high-level transit mods (containing modified RUL files) sitting in your Plugins.  These could include past versions of the NAM, RHW, and various pre-NAM transit mods.  If you're not getting the Avenue Roundabouts, it's something older than June 2007.  I'd uninstall the NAM, run the BSC Cleanitol file included in the June NAM download, and then re-install all the components in the following order:

1) June 2007 NAM
2) January 2008 NAM Update
3) RHW v20

If you are using the SAM or Additional Bridges, I'd install them after the January 2008 update as well.

Hope that helps.

-Alex (Tarkus)

kassarc16

A quick question about GLR-Ave. Some of my road intersections are missing traffic lights, while others have them. It's not really a big deal, just looks a little silly. Also, is there anyway to put stop paths on the intersections. I notice that on the transition piece the cars on one side stop when a train rolls through.

TopCliff

Thanks Kassarc. You just reminded me of a problem I found out about recently involving GLR in Avenue. My latest tproblem (of many) is the transition from GLR-in-A to two one-ways with GLR, I can drag the GLR out. The diagonal exit, however, won't let me drag or anything. And speaking of dragging, none of my stations are working. I thought I had it solved, but now none of the stations are working at all. Any help appreciated, considering the city this is all in is almost entirely based on GLR. Later.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Filasimo

hey guys those are good questions but, please post pictures of your issues you guys are having it will help us determine whats wrong with the setup.
thanks
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

kassarc16

These two shots are from along the same stretch of GLR-Ave.

Andreas

The "missing" traffic lights are most likely related to the fact that no type 21 exemplar files have been made for them so far.
Andreas

memo

You could try to demolish the intersection without traffic lights and also demolish the EL-Rail end caps which will appear. Then connect the remaining puzzle pieces with the avenue network. Plop the intersection onto the avenue first, and place the missing straight avenue-GLR pieces afterwards. I know, this sounds complicated, but it isn't and it should work. You just need to understand how it works basically. ;)
In most cases, it is necesarry that the Dual puzzle pieces are connected to a real avenue, so that the props appear. However, I am not sure, but probably this doesn't work, if there are stations on the track, since the part between two stations doesn't connect to an avenue then. So you'll have to make use of the little workaround I explained.
Probably, this really sounds confusing now!? ()what() $%Grinno$%

kassarc16

I thought it was probably the stations cutting off the tiles from the avenue at the end, but I wasn't sure since, like the pictures, some have lights and some don't. I'm going to try redoing it with a direct line from end to end, then placing stations.

Edit: Yep, placing them over an avenue worked. Now if only the game would allow the traffic lights and stops to work correctly.

schm0

Has this problem been noted? There's a bit of bleeding or space between the textures on the 45 degree turn for the roads. Just wondering. :)

schm0

Andreas

Quote from: schm0 on January 19, 2008, 06:39:14 PM
Has this problem been noted? There's a bit of bleeding or space between the textures on the 45 degree turn for the roads. Just wondering. :)

Yes, we are aware of that. Most likely, there's a slight problem with the S3D files, since the textures are perfect. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about S3D's, otherwise I might have fixed it when reworking the gentle NAM curves.
Andreas

SC4BOY

I make bypass tracks and stations all the time for my railroads. I haven't been much of a GLR user before, but I tried to apply the same principle to save crowding issues on the GLR stations. It never seems to work. ALL the traffic always seems to go through the station siding and never on the "through" tracks.. is this coincidence, or is there some problem with this structure on the GLR?

If I seperate the two tracks by 1 or more tiles, they seem to work. Is there any known reason why the side by side tracks might not work? It seems to work if I do this:

spartan air

Hi.  I searched, hopefully I didn't miss the solution.
In a much older version of NAM I had a traffic controller file that allowed better pathfinding and higher capacity and\or speeds.  I don't see a way to do that now.  Am I missing something?