• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kumba

Quote from: HandsOn on June 19, 2008, 11:45:56 AM
Since you ask that question, I doubt that you do it, because you obviously do not have Wou's DAT Packer (found on the LEX). Sounds to me, hoever, that you may not have chosen everything necessary during the installation - there are several options & combinations possible. Haven't found NAM particular delicate, but the choices do determine what works and what not. And, like in the case of our friend VeTram, the question arises: which version of SC4 do you have - left or right hand drive (British or US Virgin Islands)?

I will download the datpacker, but I've always thought unzipping the installer would do the job the same?

I've selected all the required option plus some of the optionals as well. My version is the Right hand drive.

This is just the first time I had this problem, the previous 3 NAM worked fine before this one, even the RHW worked but for some reason just this specific month RHW and NAM Ave. roundabout doesn't work for me. Weird.

Tarkus-

I've checked my plugin folder 3 times, I've found no older versions of the RHW, ran a search and didn't find anything beside the new one. Perhaps there was a fix for a problem and I didn't d/l it?

I've heard of the cleanitrol, could you tell me where to find it, it just might help.

______ F L Y  S C A G J E T S ______
The Most Reliable, Helpful, Diverse SimCity Aerospace Group LOTs BATs and MODs

Tarkus

It could be some other sort of outdated Plugin--the Cleanitol will definitely take care of that, though.  Here is the direct link.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

HandsOn

Quote from: Kumba on June 19, 2008, 11:04:03 PM
I will download the datpacker, but I've always thought unzipping the installer would do the job the same?
DAT Packer is a different kettle of fish: it is not an installer but it will take the folders below \Plugins and pack each one into a single file. This way the game in 95% of the cases loades faster and operates faster. It makes most sense as your plugin folder grows. But: PLEASE read the instructions first. The same goes for the Cleanitol.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

gabrielbyrnei

Im using :

NetworkAddonMod_Congestion_Data_View.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_D_BetterPathfinding_2xCapacity.dat
NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_A_Easy.dat

Streets are supposed to hold 1000 cars at 100% capacity, and they are supposed to be shown red when they reach 280% when using the congestion data view plugin. Any possible solution?

Thanks

gabrielbyrnei

OH and also, is there a way to convert my game which is using left hand driving to regular right handed one?

Unassigned

Aren't you supposed to use at most 1 of the Traffic_Plugin file family?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

gabrielbyrnei

I read somewhere that having A and B plugins at the same time is not recommended, i havent read anything about better pathfinding and Plugin D, maybe im wrong, can someone clarify this?

thanks again

Tarkus

Yes, it's the same situation with D.  You can only have one traffic plugin at a time.  Which ever one is last alphabetically is the one you have, so that would be D--Plugin D is causing your congestion issues.

-Alex (Tarkus)

HandsOn

Quote from: Warrior on June 20, 2008, 10:24:08 AM
See this thread on how to change driving sides: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3961.0

EDIT: As Unassigned said, you should probably remove the Traffic Plugin D
There is an alternative to the somewhat messy method mentioned in that tutorial, as good as it is: there is a Left-to-Right Mod (or at least was a fe months ago) on the STEX mod page. Simple install, and bob's your uncle. I tried both, and found the mod simpler to use. If it can no longer be found, I gladly forward it to anyone who needs it.

McDuell

Dear NAM team

First of all I'd like to tell you that the NAM is THE thing that still keeps me playing SimCity, and for that I thank you!  :thumbsup: &apls

Now, while experimenting with building interchanges with the puzzle pieces (especially the OWR ones), I realized that many of my ramps and constructions are not UDI-able (vehicle disappears every time at the piece corner). While this is no problem for me personally, the issue itself might be interesting in general. It seems to me (an absolute layman), that several puzzle pieces are not fully pathed for UDI.

As I'm not that good at describing these problems in detail, here is a picture of some of the pieces, along with several (seemingly) without paths. I hope this is understandable enough. For cycling through the rotation ring, I used the <END> key:

I'm using following mods:
- the newest NAM version from April
- RHW 20 beta
- SAM, newest version
- Euro road textures mod
- SimCity extra cheats .dll ('DrawPaths' activated)

- Many other (imho) not directly involved mods, at least Cleanitol found no outdated files.

I hope those descriptions are sufficient  :)
----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Tarkus

McDuell, thanks for reporting that--it appears some paths may be missing on some of those pieces.  They were made before we had the luxury of the DrawPaths cheat, so there was not any conclusive way of knowing when they were made, but I'm surprised they've escaped for this long.

I'll take a look over the files and hopefully have something to report back.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Jonathan

I tried the corner pieces* (all 8 rotations) and I got correct paths on all of them, I think it may be just your game, McDuell. I don't have anything that interferes with these pieces. I'd post a pic but it would take a long time.

*They were the only ones I could remember in your picture.  So I'm guessing the other pieces are fine.

Swamper77

If I remember correctly, there was a discussion about these missing paths. Their ID's are similar to the ones used for the Left Hand paths, so they were accidentally moved to the Left Hand Plugin. Installing it should put back the missing paths and shouldn't affect the game. The game knows which paths to use based on the registry keys from the installation of the game.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

McDuell

Thank you all for your quick replies :).

Tarkus, thanks in advance for investigating. If you want me to test out some other puzzle pieces, please let me know, I'll gladly help (as good as I can with my limited knowledge  ;)).

Swamper77, you seem to be right in your assumptions. After installing the Left Hand Plugin, all the missing paths are now visible and there is no UDI crashing anymore  :thumbsup::

Warrior, as you're from the UK, you may have already installed your Left Hand plugin and thus never had any path issues, so you're kind of right: It's just my game (and probably many other Right Hand driven games too)  ;).

Anyway: Thank you all for your help  :).

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

Unassigned

It seems some NAM rail bridges block ferry traffic. I belive the issue is that their pylons(?) raise the level of the waterbed.

Here's the scenario: The bridges are raised 30+ meters relative to the riverbank. Placing a bridge disrupts existing ferry lines. Bulldozing the bridge does not make the ferry lines reappear, after bulldozing it is necessary to lower the riverbed (ie dredge a channel) across the former location of the bridge, then the ferry lines reappear.

I am not using the Bridge Height mod, my entire bridging setup is vanila NAM April 2008.

I have seen this with "Metal Arch Rail Bridge by Fukuda", "JRJ Warzone Bridge" and one of the Garabit bridges. The "Modern Rail Bridge by jeronij" does not have this issue for me.

Is this a known issue? If so, any workarounds?

If this is a new issue just ask if you'd like a more thorough investigation or pix...
(\__/)

HandsOn

Quote from: Unassigned on June 23, 2008, 09:10:21 AM
It seems some NAM rail bridges block ferry traffic. I belive the issue is that their pylons(?) raise the level of the waterbed.

Here's the scenario: The bridges are raised 30+ meters relative to the riverbank. Placing a bridge disrupts existing ferry lines. Bulldozing the bridge does not make the ferry lines reappear, after bulldozing it is necessary to lower the riverbed (ie dredge a channel) across the former location of the bridge, then the ferry lines reappear.

I am not using the Bridge Height mod, my entire bridging setup is vanila NAM April 2008.

I have seen this with "Metal Arch Rail Bridge by Fukuda", "JRJ Warzone Bridge" and one of the Garabit bridges. The "Modern Rail Bridge by jeronij" does not have this issue for me.

Is this a known issue? If so, any workarounds?

If this is a new issue just ask if you'd like a more thorough investigation or pix...
Uassigned - you've just explained a nagging problem I've had and for which I could never think of a solution - because I blamed the custom ferry ports. It explains why I have tons of "ferry lines" in regional view, but spars traffice along them in particular areas.

But I don't think it applies to all ferries, because since I've installed Goldiva's water taxi those ferries, once the appear after some time, roam widen and far, no matter which bridge they encounter.

And: by how much is the level raised? Does it only affect shallows, or also deep water?

Unassigned

Those regional view "ferry lines" include some "possible routes", so they don't necessarily reflect the actual state of the network.

Goldiva's water taxis are tiny vessels with little draught (if that is how to say it in English), they can sail almost anywhere. My problems were with car ferries, both the Maxis one and one of PEG's (PEG-CDK3_SmallFerryLanding_100.dat).

Quote from: HandsOn on June 23, 2008, 09:33:23 AM
And: by how much is the level raised? Does it only affect shallows, or also deep water?
I haven't made a comprehensive test (yet), this occurred in a "river tile" on mrbisonm's/NEXIS's Grand River Valley map...erm, gief tool I can measure heights and depths with.
(\__/)

HandsOn

Quote from: Unassigned on June 23, 2008, 12:04:59 PM
Those regional view "ferry lines" include some "possible routes", so they don't necessarily reflect the actual state of the network.

Goldiva's water taxis are tiny vessels with little draught (if that is how to say it in English), they can sail almost anywhere. My problems were with car ferries, both the Maxis one and one of PEG's (PEG-CDK3_SmallFerryLanding_100.dat).
I haven't made a comprehensive test (yet), this occurred in a "river tile" on mrbisonm's/NEXIS's Grand River Valley map...erm, gief tool I can measure heights and depths with.
Draught is correct, and here's where I've got to back-track a bit: river ferry traffice always appeared to me to work differently. I could be wrong. I've never gotten much in terms of car ferries up the creeks.

To "measure the water depth" just try laying a water pipe if your squares are on just count the steepest incline or sheerest cliff. Methinks 1 square = 16m?

Antother think to consider, because you got me thinking, is that if the distance between the ferries isn't equivalent to a minimum distance (which I don't know) then the ferries won't show. I've got one stuck to a dock at a sharp angle for aeons now brcause the trip across the gap to the next ferry port is only two boat lengths..

Ok, so I'm not thinking, just rambling..

skell

Hopefully this is proper forum for my question. I recently had to reinstall the game and in the process decided to seriously weed out my plugins. In getting the new NAM, SAM and RHW mod installed I noticed that on diagonal streets, the ugly triangles were forming. I could've sworn that these did not occur with my prior set of plugins.  Here's an example

One possibility is that I'm imagining things and I got similar triangles in my rural areas before.  The other possibility is that I had a plugin somewhere that I cannot track down that removed these. Thanks for any help!
No signature... I'm purely derivative.