• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

First let me say that NAM is a super-great-mega addition to the game. Thank you a gazzilion times!  &apls

If this was already asked then I am apoliaging for asking again but my eyes missed it....  :-[ ... but... Are there any EURO-textures for the lastest NAM version out there?  ???

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

nerdly_dood

^ Those are roughly the only transit-texture mod that affects the lines for all roads and most any road texture with yellow on it. Even if it's the only one, it is still EXCELLENT, and I highly recommend it to anyone - European or not. I'm an American through and through, and I thoroughly admire the work put into this mod, so much so that I think it looks BETTER than the default yellow lines. (Particularly the crosswalks... Those yellow diagonal lines are so ugly... :D )
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Lilojame

Andreas thank you very much and may I ad that it looks wonderful!
nerdly_dood thanks for the opinion about this mod.  :) I have to say that I admire the time and work that was put in this mod also.  &apls

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

b22rian

Hi all...

I had started this out over at the rhw thread, and was asked to continue this here...

You can read the start of all this over at the rhw thread..if you chose too.. but I will also see if i can
summarize here..

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg202506#msg202506

and also...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg202591#msg202591

summarizing for those who dont want to read all that..
this concerns the functionality of the rail bridges and rail lines which cross over the top of either the rhw-4
(which i have tested extensively).. and also the rhw-2 ..(which I havent tested as much)..

I do have the patches for this which were supposed to fix this issue, although to be honest im a bit confused
as the need of the first patch released..

the rail over RHW-4 patch released in may 08..

because of a second patch in august that was also released..

RHW path fix 02      in aug 08..

anyways most of the tests i ran did included both these patches in my rhw folder.. although I ran a few tests
using one or the other patch, just to see if there might even be a conflict between them..
In other words , I was thinking the rhw pathfix 02, may make the first patch released in may unnecessary..

But best now to show the results of a test i did recently so you can see what is going on...
Forgive me for the smaller attachment pics, im still learning how to post those larger nicer pics that most
people are now using in their threads..But hopefully these will be clear enough to see them with some detail..

this first pic I have attached will show the original set up I have in my city.. here you will see a heavily used
rail bridge and line which crosses the maxis ground highway in my largest city.. The pic shows the usage being
over 7000 K passengers on this line and the pathing arrows..

the last 2 attached pics will show the results of the test i did..Which i tried to keep quite simple..
Basically, i replaced  the maxis rail bridge with the rhw-4  rail bridge and than simply let the game run a
good 3 years of game time.. So essentially the same set up as before but just swapping rail bridges..

the second pic and last pic in this thread..will show, is there is now zero rail usage on the rail line.. which is
also confirmed by the colored route query paths...

The third pic will show the draw paths.. which look fine..and also you have the udi and the trains passing
over the bridge, so none of that is any problem at all so far.. nor is there any problem with road traffic on the rhw
that all is working great... ill place the last pic in the next thread ..

I have about 8-10 of these rail bridges in my 5 cities most are the rhw-4 a couple of them rhw-2 rail bridges
but all of them show the same thing.. None of the rails which cross over them have any rail traffic at all
totally empty... And the problem does seem to be specific to the rhw only..
all other types of rail bridges which cross any of the other traffic networks are functional and have plenty
of rail traffic..in my 5 cities.

if anyone can confirm  rail traffic on their rail lines in the situation im describing than i think its likely i have
some sort of conflict in my plug in folder..

if not.. than there may still be an issue .. at least with rhw 2.0, that can still be fixed before rhw 3.0
comes out..

thanks , Brian

b22rian

here is the final and third pic i attached
Which you would think indicates funtionality of the bridge..
although we know from the previous post, that is not the case..

Brian

deathtopumpkins

Brian, the August '08 patch shouldn't have any effect on the rail overpass paths. It fixes some messed-up paths I noticed at OWR/MIS intersections, and that's all to my knowledge.

I have no idea as to the cause of the overpass not working though...  ()what()
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

b22rian

yup.. thanks for your response pumkpins..

I believe its the first patch i had dled back in may 08..

zz-Rail_overRHW-4 pathfix 0511208. dat

Which is the one you need for the rail overpasses.. and i do have in my rhw folder..

You can help out if you want to by checking to see whether or not you rail over passes

over either the rhw- 4 or rhw -2 havie any rail traffic or not, and letting us know..

or anyone else for that matter..

Thanks, Brian

blackedemon

I have observed this 'fix' also to be ineffectual. I ran my own test city and the results are below..
This test is using rail-over-MIS and contain before/after pics.

Before using the rail bridge

Proof that the RHW paths still work

and proof that the rail paths don't

I don't have the drawpaths cheat on but I definitely do have the aforementioned fixes in my plugins folder, more specifically my RHW folder.
I have also observed that the rail paths do not work when crossing over RHW-4, however I have not tested RHW-2.

b22rian

Thanks a lot for running your additional tests on the rhw-4 rail bridge..

Since your posting I ran some additional tests on the rhw-2 since I had not done as much testing with it as

yet.. But with the same results as the rhw-4.. there is no rail traffic over the bridges ..If you get a chance

you can post confirmation on this.. Seems it would be easy for you to use the test conditions you have already

set up.. I dont think its necessary for you to post more pics again to confirm my findings..

A simple post from you, if you have the time.. will do fine..

Thanks again  for your response.. and it was nice test set up you ran  &apls

Brian

cfsego

ebina

b22rian and blackedemon: I got the same error while editing and testing the RHW V3.0 to get compatibility with LHD versions. And I was able to fix the issue, it was caused by miscoded rule in the NAM controller.

Since rail over RHW pieces are implemented as straight RHW the game handles them according to the NAM controller so they were not handled as intersections. That's why passenger trains don't pass the pieces. Please wait for the RHW V3.0. New version of the NAM controller will fix the issue.

cfsego: You can't actually drag diagonal streets. Choose normal street tool and drag the street like staircase. Or use diagonal street helper puzzle pieces.

b22rian

ok thanks ebina..

Yup best to wait now for the RHW 3.0..

In the meantime its quite easy to just use rail bridges over avenues..

Thanks for letting us know...

Regards, Brian

Lilojame

Hi again.
I just wanted to say, that I to had a problem with using rails meaning that the game didn't recognized them at all etc. It took me ages to go true all of this topic to finally find the solution so I would suggest that maybe this should be added into the FAQ.
The solution to my problem was installing the "left lane".
What I do find funny is, that I have EU version of the game and until this morning I did not noticed that the cars would drive on the left and I never before used that option when installing the NAM (it worked all fine). So in my case (since my language is not supported) I have chosen the English version for my install which as already noticed automatically installs the "left lane"

Anyhow, the problem has been fixed (even if I would prefer the right side) and the rails work.  :)

Haljackey

Now to that I think of it I think the rail overpass problem can be fixed by inserting the LHD plugin into your NAM folder.  I had a similar problem with one-way road overpasses over RHW.

Yes, even I have issues with the NAM sometimes.  This issue, however, is among the weirdest I've ever seen:

Daytime:

Nighttime:

Any idea what's causing the brown boxes to pop up at nighttime when the lights go on?  I have never installed a lighting plugin.  I have had Gizmo's darker night mod installed for some time, but this is the first time I'm having issues like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
-Haljackey

Swamper77

Hal,

The boxes on the streetlights at night is not a NAM problem. You are missing the model file for the lightcones for the streetlights. You may want to review the documentation that came with the Day/Night Mod.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Haljackey

Quote from: Swamper77 on November 28, 2008, 10:10:23 AM
Hal,

The boxes on the streetlights at night is not a NAM problem. You are missing the model file for the lightcones for the streetlights. You may want to review the documentation that came with the Day/Night Mod.

-Swamper

I've had the mod for months and have never had a problem until now.  Besides, this only applies to the lighting on the raised avenue puzzle pieces, which are a NAM component. 

I recently tried running SC4 without the darker nighttime mod, and I still get brown boxes when the lights turn on at night, so it has nothing to do with the mod.

Does anyone have a clue what's going wrong here?

Best,
-Haljackey

Swamper77

Sounds like you have a file somewhere that replaces the Maxis avenue lightcones with a different one, probably a different color model at that.

I know the Athens2004 Stadium that was on the STEX had a file that caused brown boxes to appear on streetlights at night. The download had a "yellow lightcones" file in the zip file. That caused a lot of headaches for many players.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Haljackey

Quote from: Swamper77 on November 28, 2008, 02:23:12 PM
I know the Athens2004 Stadium that was on the STEX had a file that caused brown boxes to appear on streetlights at night.

You know, I recently downloaded that.  I will remove the file and see what happens.  Thanks so much Swamper!

I will only post again if removing that file does not fix the issue.

Best,
-Haljackey

chibytuga

Hello all, long time forums lurker here, having a problem with getting GLR-Avenue stations to work properly. I've looked over this thread and I've seen a few other people who've had the same problem, but if there was ever an answer posted I must have overlooked it.

My GLR-Avenue stations don't seem to work as tram stops. They work fine as bus stops, but not as tram stops. I've tried a lot of different things. It's not just an issue of Sims preferring bus or car either; I've demolished routes so that the GLR-Avenue is the ONLY way for them to get to their jobs, and still, nothing.

I'm using the SFBT stations, but I've also tried it with the Gshmails GLR-Ave station and that one doesn't work either. Oddly, if I bulldoze the GLR-Ave station and plop in the SFBT Avenue Roundabout station in its place, that one works fine. The regular SFBT tram stop works fine too, and if I have regular GLR lines branch off from the GLR-Avenue, Sims will pick up the tram and it goes over the GLR-Avenue, so the network itself works fine. It just seems to be that the stations themselves don't work.

I've looked at it using the DrawPaths cheat, and everything looks good, no broken paths. I've even tried re-installing the NAM, and the stations still don't work.

Does anyone have a solution for this?