• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

You might need to provide more information and maybe some screen shots.  What is happening for you?

ruudm

For now I've concentrated more on the GLR. Something that's probably important and that I forgot to mention is the fact that my game doesn't crash when I move a station over a GLR tile.

This probably means that the game doesn't recognize the tile as TE, which is weird, because to my understanding I have done everything right so far. If more information is needed, I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks in advance for your help.

deathtopumpkins

Well for one thing, the crash is triggered by hovering a puzzle piece over a TE'd lot, not the other way around, and secondly, in the June NAM the pieces were tweaked to minimize the potential for those crashes.
But if you would like to check if something is pathed correctly, then with the extra cheats .dll installed type "DrawPaths" in the cheat code window.

Though as Diggis said, please provide some screenshot(s) of what exactly is wrong.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

ruudm

Sorry for wording it the wrong way, but the game also doesn't crash when I hover a puzzle piece over a TE'd lot.

I've tried the DrawPath thing, and saw the following things:

Hope this makes it more clear...

Strategist01

Ok, so I downloaded the June NAM today... ;D ;D ;D

Here's what I did: uninstalled april nam, uninstalled SAM, did not uninstall RHW v.20 installed june NAM.

I haven't started sc4 since then, but should I be worried?

The reson I didn't uninstall RHW is because I had transferred my plugins from another computer, and didn't take the RHW zip with me...I lost it! :'( And I don't want to re download. Can I run The nam fine? I installed with all of the same options as I did with regards to traffic capacities, etc ( 5x capacity with better pathfinding)

I should be fine, right?

Blue Lightning

I reccomend you download RHW 3.22. However your simulator choice isnt the best idea.You must use simulators A, B, or Z. You might also want to pick up SAM 3.0 (RHW and AM are both found on the LEX).

ruudm: It seems you installed the wrong controller. Whatever controller side you installed, remove it and install the opposite. Since your in the Netherlands I think you need the Right Hand Drive controller (it seems you installed the left hand drive controller)

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Strategist01

Well, to tell the truth, I almost never use the RHW, but it nice to experiment with :) I have SAM 3.0. I like the 5x + better pathfing, and the Census repository version/plugin is besed on that simulator, so I don't want to change!

Chrisim

Quote from: ruudm on July 16, 2009, 07:09:58 AM
After doing everything according to the instructions, I still can't get the GLR and CAN-AM to work. I am still trying, but if someone over here can help me, that would be very much appreciated.
Your pictures show that paths are missing from tram tracks, which means that the tram files are absent from your Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Plugins folder: NetworkAddonMod_CanAM_Plugin.dat, NetworkAddonMod_GroundLightRail_Plugin.dat, and NetworkAddonMod_GroundLightRailxStreet_Plugin.dat. And probably NetworkAddonMod_CanAM_Plugin.dat is missing too.

My guess is that at some moment in time, you reinstalled the NAM or you installed a new version of the NAM, and you forgot to select the CAN-AM and tram plugins. You need to keep them selected in the installer. So, re-install the NAM with these plugins selected.

We changed almost all tram puzzle pieces for the June 2009 NAM version. Therefore, the game is much more stable and should not crash when working with trams. The game may still crashs with some other (non-tram) puzzle pieces.

CaptCity

Hi all...

Just noticed that last few posts regarding ruudm's issue. He had posted the same question at Simtropolis, and I noticed that he has a left-hand version of the game. Thinking that he may have installed the right-hand component of NAM, I responded he should try to reinstall with the left-hand component selected (similar to Blue Lightning's response above). Wanting to be sure in my response, I changed my game to left-hand, installed NAM with right-hand, and noticed the same issues ruudm was having (no paths). I wanted to check in here to see if that is, indeed, a likely outcome (I've never actually tried it before.). If not, I will not procede with that line of thought in the other thread so as not to confuse the issue.

CaptCity

ruudm

Hi guys,

It's working now. The problem was indeed that in my game, the sims used the left side of the road. I have previously played the Dutch version, where as far as I can remember, this wasn't the case. Now, I've installed the English version off the same disc(s), and I hadn't noticed the driving on the 'wrong side'.

After reinstalling the NAM for left-lane driving, everything is working fine, except the U Drive It for the GLR on an avenue-track, but I'll try to get that working in the future.

Thank you guys for your help.

Korot

Why would you want the game to be in English? Anyway there is a way to fix it and let the cars drive on the proper side of the road, the right one that is.
The tutorial to do that can be found here [linkie].

Regards,
Korot

Strategist01

OK, so maybe there might be a teensey problem with the CAN-AM...when I just briefly moved it across my car and ferry terminal SC4 crashed...now I am willing to try this again to test it and see whether it happens...I'll get back to you.

Second of all, when I installed the new NAM, all of my road intersections were gone! I think this was because I had installed the prev NAM so that my roads had turning lanes, and now they don't! I think I'll re - install with turning lanes.

So my comment is install the new NAM with turning lanes, if the previous one also was. I found that when I had the nam first installed with out turning lanes, then to have turning lanes, the roads didn't disappear...

That's all for now!

Andreas

Road turning lanes were always optional in the installer, so if you reinstall the NAM, you have to select them again. This is clearly stated in the readme file as well. Also, the crashes of moving a puzzle piece over a transit enabled lot are documented in the readme file as well - it's a bug that cannot be fixed, unfortunately.
Andreas

carkid1998

This is a just a visual bug, the one way road FLUP ramp shows maxis road textures from further away zooms
Sendona... Coming soon!

Strategist01

Andreas: I didn't see it in the readme file...but Ok, I know that you have to do that.

Such a pity that the CAN-AM suffers from those crashes. The odd thing was, I didn't hover over it for a long time, in fact I was moving aroung the map using the RMB method, and I was going quite quickly over it. I thought you had to leave it there for at least a second or so...oh well.

Andreas

Quote from: Strategist01 on July 18, 2009, 02:12:23 AM
I thought you had to leave it there for at least a second or so...oh well.

No, unfortunately not - your computer is much faster in calculating all possible rotations of a puzzle piece, so it fails and crashes within the blink of an eye. ;)
Andreas

z

Quote from: Andreas on July 18, 2009, 03:31:23 AM
No, unfortunately not - your computer is much faster in calculating all possible rotations of a puzzle piece, so it fails and crashes within the blink of an eye. ;)

Let's see - that's about 40 milliseconds.  Sounds about right.   ;)

Strategist01

So you're saying I should  have lots of background apps running and a plugin folder 1 gig more than my RAM, to slow the computer down, then I'll be able to pass the lot over it?....:P

Blue Lightning

Uh no. Just avoid the lot completly. Still, the CPU can compute rotations that fast.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Strategist01