• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn2

QuoteNothing should have changed to affect the placing of GLR-in-Avenue stations.  Which stations are you unable to place, and what happens when you try to place them?

I think I figured it out.  I had used the GLR in Avenue a long time ago before trying to start up a new line after the latest NAM, so perhaps I forgot if it was always this way.  I was trying to place the stations over the GLR in Avenue.  It seems you have to leave a station sized gap, then plop the station, then drag one way roads through.  Thanks for the help.

gtaki

Hi all :)

I am not able to drag a 90 degree turning GLR piece after I installed the NAM June2009 + update 20090718.
Now I need to place a 90deg turning puzzle piece manually between 2 straight tracks.

Anyone have this issue too?

Andreas

Quote from: gtaki on July 22, 2009, 11:14:41 AM
Hi all :)

I am not able to drag a 90 degree turning GLR piece after I installed the NAM June2009 + update 20090718.
Now I need to place a 90deg turning puzzle piece manually between 2 straight tracks.

Anyone have this issue too?

I can confirm this. Looks like a RUL bug has slipped in somehow. Most likely, it is easy to fix with an update of the NAM Essentials, once the error has been corrected.
Andreas

gtaki

Thanks Andreas.

So now what I need to do is to wait for a newer Essentials update or just install the current version?
It seems I have missed the recent Essentials update20090718  :-[

Tarkus

gtaki, the fix hasn't been implemented yet.  I'd recommend installing the July 2009 NAM Update (not the Essentials) if you haven't already, and just wait for the Essentials update when it arrives.

-Alex

Edit: Fixed to correct year.

Korot

Quote from: Tarkus on July 22, 2009, 10:54:42 PM
gtaki, the fix hasn't been implemented yet.  I'd recommend installing the July 2007 NAM Update (not the Essentials) if you haven't already, and just wait for the Essentials update when it arrives.

-Alex

Sure it isn't the July 2009 NAM update he needs to install?

Regards,
Korot

jmelvin

I posted a message a couple of minutes ago under the thread that announced the June Issue of the NAM. This thread is more appropriate for my question. I apologize for any confusion this may cause.

Is there a zip file available with all the traffic simulator plugins for the latest release of the NAM?

And yes, I realize that the simulators would need to be kept somewhere other than my plugins folder as only one should be used at a time.

I downloaded and installed the June 2009 release and used the custom install option that let me select a specific simulator. I would like to be able to change the simulator without doing another installation if that is possible. I didn't see this covered when I checked the NAM readme but I may have missed something.

I did find a zip in one of the development threads for one the simulators but see that the specific simulator that was loaded by the installer was a bigger DAT file with a later date than the equivalent file in that zip.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.
jmelvin

Tarkus

Hi jmelvin-

Just download the Mac version of the NAM.  It contains all of the files in the NAM in a series of loose folders, without the installer.  Definitely comes in handy if you're doing some experimentation with the various options. :)

-Alex

jmelvin

Thanks, Tarkus, for the reply. Splime provided the same info in a reply on the other thread. I did find the files I needed in the Mac version of the NAM. I'll try to remember that little tidbit about the Mac version of an installer having the complete set of files.

Z also had a comment to my message on the other thread that I will quote here:
Quote from: z on July 23, 2009, 09:16:15 PM
If you replace the traffic simulator, be sure to replace the Volume Data View with the matching one as well.

I also want to add a note about another consideration for anyone switching traffic simulators. You also need to check, and possibly replace, the Census Repository Facility file for Ripplejet's Census Repository. His readme states which one to use for the various traffic simulators.

Thank you everyone for the quick responses.

artforce1

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded the new NAM with no issues but when I go to play the game I am having a problem with my HT Bus Stops.  The street bus stop no longer has the street texture going through the tile, rather, it looks like a lot of nothing of grey bricks with the bus stop props on them.  I believe I had this problem once before, sadly, I cannot remember how to fix it.  Any suggestions?

Andreas

Most likely, this is not a NAM issue, since the NAM doesn't contain any lots, nor does it affect lots. I don't know what a "HT Bus Stop" is, but it appears that you're missing the overlay texture for the lot.
Andreas

Splime

With the new FAR intersections, the preview image of the tee intersection where an orthogonal road ends at a FAR piece seems to be off by one tile. Not a game-breaking bug, but it may be something to look into (assuming it's not just an issue on my end).

Alayeina

I'm sorry if someone else has posted this question already, but does anyone know what could be causing most of my lots to have screwy textures after I've installed the NAM?  I know this was covered in the readme--but my problem must be caused by something else, as I have no other custom content installed other than the NAM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... ()what()

joelyboy911

are they maxis lots? If so, i recommend changing to a higher graphics setting, then exiting to region then reloading the city - I had this, it afflicted most maxis buildings' overlay textures (ie. they vanished). I noticed it on R$ and the police station, but most other types had it too. For me, as long as I enter the city with high or medium graphics settings the textures are fine, even if I stick the settings back down to low. I hope this can help.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Alayeina

Bruce

I have downloaded and installed the new 2009 NAM and quarantined all mu other downloaded files in the Plugins directory.  Every time I try to load a city that has GLR installed the game crashes to the desktop.  The map does not fully load before the crash.  The game seems to run fine if there is no GLR installed.

I am running SC4 Rush Hour with the update.   Does anyone have any suggestions?

SC4BOY

This is just a notice of a graphics problem on one of the elevated roads piece.. don't know if its been reported, but here it is:

This has been l ike this for quite a long time, but I just forget to ever say anything about it. I love using those elevated pieces now and then to solve certain traffic problems. They work great, just this kind of thing looks pretty yukky.. hehe

Not a big issue, I know, but here it is anyways.. Cheers and thanks to all for the continued good work.

Andreas

Yes, we are aware of that. Those pieces have been made a long time ago, but were never really overhauled with nicer models. IIRC, Tropod made them back then, saying "they are functional, but I can't BAT, so they look only as good as I was able to make them".
Andreas

carkid1998

The euro road textures, with turning lanes, display maxis(american textures) textures if the roads don't display turning lanes.

And, one way Flups ramps show as a road ramp with american textures at higher zooms!

Ryan :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!