• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamgoingtoeatyou

On the OWR-5, there is a glitch where some of the cars go in both directions instead of following the one way road pattern. The OWR-4 is fine, so I think it's only isolated to this  ()what()

Here's a picture (red sedan is going north while it's supposed to go south)

TJ1

The new NAM is not working correctly :(  :'( :'( I did everything I was supposed to do. NWM/TuLEPs/Transition pieces/neighbor connection pieces/and half of RHW pieces, are showing up as just a red arrow, and the new NWM puzzle pieces are saying somthing like "missing string" and as I go through the tab key only A/E networks show up as faint starter pieces and when I plop any of the networks that I do have they dont show, they are there because I lose money when I plop them. And only part of the RHW is working its like I didnt install anything and I uninstalled/reinstalled everything twice already. I really need some help please I need to enjoy this. :'( :'( :'(

Tarkus

Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on May 09, 2010, 04:29:31 PM
On the OWR-5, there is a glitch where some of the cars go in both directions instead of following the one way road pattern. The OWR-4 is fine, so I think it's only isolated to this  ()what()

That seems to be an occasional side-effect of the crossover paths.  I'll be looking into that one.

TJ1, you've got a conflicting NAM Controller file somewhere in your Plugins.  Refer to NAM FAQ Item #1 for details on how to fix it.

-Alex

Kevin1a

Is the new NAM going to play well with Simulator Z?  What would the NAM team recommend as a traffic sim of choice for someone who wants his sims to have an overwhelming preference for primary roads and mass transit and an intelligent avoidance of traffic jams?  I'm not 100% familiar with all the different sims, so I'm asking the experts.  I'm using Z right now and it is OK, though I've noticed that sims will NOT go out of their way to reach a transit station, even if that station will speed up their commute tremendously.

TJ1

And are we supposed to delete these
NetworkAddonMod_ANT_Plugin_Beta.dat
NetworkAddonMod_AutoPrompt_Plugin.dat

Andreas

Yes, those have been discontinued a very long time ago. If you still have them, please delete them, as they might be responsible for all kinds of issues you're experiencing.
Andreas

Tarkus

Quote from: Kevin1a on May 09, 2010, 06:05:00 PM
Is the new NAM going to play well with Simulator Z? 

Yes . . . in fact, the new NAM Unified Traffic Simulator included in the May 2010 release is effectively based on Simulator Z.

-Alex

TJ1

To be honest im not sure on how to use BSC Cleanitol :-[. I never used it before.
And do I delete this to "NetworkAddonMod.dat"  ()what().

z

Quote from: Kevin1a on May 09, 2010, 06:05:00 PM
I'm using Z right now and it is OK, though I've noticed that sims will NOT go out of their way to reach a transit station, even if that station will speed up their commute tremendously.

As Alex mentioned, the new NAM Simulator is based on Simulator Z.  It has better pathfinding than the version of Simulator Z released with the previous NAM, though, so it may solve your problem.  If it doesn't, please post with more details in the NAM Unified Traffic Simulator and Data View Help thread.

Javascap

First off, congratulations on the new release. I have been deeply anticipating it, but am having an alarming range of issues.

Long story short, I have a nice amount of new icons, but nothing new. I have the one-lane elevated highway causing crashes, joined now by the RHW 8. I uninstalled the 2010 NAM RHW and the new road thing, AND the 2007 RHW and NAM, and reinstalled the 2010 things. I still have the same issues. At this point, I am asking the team for help.

TJ1

Something told me before I got the new NAM that it may not work sure enough it is not working for me. I lost nearly everything after using the BSC Cleanitol to try to solve my first problem.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(my plugins folder is practicaly empty now  :( I dont even know if I may ever play sc4 after this :'( &cry2 :'( &cry2
I might have been having the same problem as Javascap earlier but now I have a much bigger problem.

mgrinshpon

I've already said that I love you all in the release thread, but let me just reiterate that once more: I love you. All of you NAM people, and your obsession for making SC4 the best game it can be.

Now on to the question. In my SC4/Plugins/Network Addon Mod folder, I have a file called "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z_Ultra_Custom" after using the Network Config Tool. Will this be the new unified traffic simulator or is it actually the old Z? If it's the old Z, how to I change to Unified? I uninstalled everything from the July 2009 NAM using the included uninstallers and cleanitol file supplied in the new 2010 installation before installing and read the entire manual, of course. If it's the old Z, how did it come up during installation if I selected "Traffic Controller Ultra" during install?

Remember: love you.

Tarkus

Quote from: Javascap on May 09, 2010, 08:37:36 PM
First off, congratulations on the new release. I have been deeply anticipating it, but am having an alarming range of issues.

Long story short, I have a nice amount of new icons, but nothing new. I have the one-lane elevated highway causing crashes, joined now by the RHW 8. I uninstalled the 2010 NAM RHW and the new road thing, AND the 2007 RHW and NAM, and reinstalled the 2010 things. I still have the same issues. At this point, I am asking the team for help.

All the issues you described are consistent with having a conflicting, outdated RUL-bound transit mod somewhere in your Plugins, possibly pieces of an old NAM release (perhaps a DatPacked one), or old transit bugfixes.  The 2007 files you had would have been at least part of the problem, but it sounds like you have more in there.  It's a good practice to completely clean out your NAM folder when installing a new one, and make sure you don't have any DatPacked NAM files sitting in your Plugins.  

Try a completely clean Plugins folder and then install the new versions into that.  Additionally, check the NAM FAQ Item #1 which specifically deals with "red arrow bugs".

Quote from: TJ1 on May 09, 2010, 09:00:29 PM
Something told me before I got the new NAM that it may not work sure enough it is not working for me. I lost nearly everything after using the BSC Cleanitol to try to solve my first problem.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(my plugins folder is practicaly empty now  :( I dont even know if I may ever play sc4 after this :'( &cry2 :'( &cry2
I might have been having the same problem as Javascap earlier but now I have a much bigger problem.

See my reply to Javascap above. 

Quote from: mgrinshpon on May 09, 2010, 09:09:53 PM
I've already said that I love you all in the release thread, but let me just reiterate that once more: I love you. All of you NAM people, and your obsession for making SC4 the best game it can be.

Now on to the question. In my SC4/Plugins/Network Addon Mod folder, I have a file called "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_Z_Ultra_Custom" after using the Network Config Tool. Will this be the new unified traffic simulator or is it actually the old Z? If it's the old Z, how to I change to Unified? I uninstalled everything from the July 2009 NAM using the included uninstallers and cleanitol file supplied in the new 2010 installation before installing and read the entire manual, of course. If it's the old Z, how did it come up during installation if I selected "Traffic Controller Ultra" during install?

Remember: love you.

It should be essentially the same thing . . . the new Unified is basically the latest version of Z.

-Alex

jdenm8

Okay... I don't know if this has been brought up yet... but I've found that one of the NWM transition pieces have the 'Expressway to China' bug.

That's the one that deconverts to plain road.

And this isn't the first time today this has happened...

Also, RHW-4 bridges (both of them) do this:

And one of the FARHW pieces (Don't know which) has the same texture problem. I think it's the last one in the cycle.

Any insight into any workarounds would be welcome.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MAS71

Hello NAM-Teams and All.  :)
Thank you so much always for updating of NAM !!

Well,
I did find a problem of SC4Path with a puzule piece.  ;D

I using a NAM with 'Left-hand version...'.
Please update a fix or re-upload fixed zip on a LEX if you can.  ;)

Thank you
-Mas'71

pipelad

Hello! im loving the New NAM alot! but i have an isue that is nothing more than a bother... i have modified the simulator 2 times to adjust some thing to my needs :thumbsup: so far so good, but both times it also has added an extra subway icon! ()what() has any one else have the same isue? and how do i solve it? i repeat its nothing more than a bother to see 3 subway icons in the transport menu, but would like to leave only 1.

BTW Nam team  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Andreas

Quote from: pipelad on May 10, 2010, 03:42:32 PM
Hello! im loving the New NAM alot! but i have an isue that is nothing more than a bother... i have modified the simulator 2 times to adjust some thing to my needs :thumbsup: so far so good, but both times it also has added an extra subway icon! ()what() has any one else have the same isue? and how do i solve it? i repeat its nothing more than a bother to see 3 subway icons in the transport menu, but would like to leave only 1.

It looks like you ended up with more than one Traffic Simulator file in your plugins folder, or with backups of your old Traffic Simulators. Have a look at your NAM installation folder and remove all "NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Plugin_*.sav" files manually.
Andreas

Jayster

Thanks so much for the new NAM, but I have a problem.... When I go to drag the road tool like this:

It wont let me. I'm very confused. I uninstalled the old NAM first and then downloaded the new one and the NWM too. Please help. Thanks!

Blue Lightning

It looks like some RTL prevent code is sticking in there.... Remove the RoadTurnLane Plugin temporarily, then draw the intersection, then put it back in.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

z

Quote from: pipelad on May 10, 2010, 03:42:32 PM

BTW Nam team  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

As Andreas notes, this is the result of having .sav copies of your traffic simulator in your NAM folder.  This is currently a side effect of using the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (which makes these files) that we hadn't noticed before, but it's fixable, and we'll get a fix out ASAP.  The fix will probably first appear in the NAM Traffic Subsystem, and then appear in the next NAM release (including any patch release).