• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

If you've updated to the new NAM, you're all set, as it contains the latest bridge controller.

sim-al2

Ummm I don't have any pictures of this now (maybe soon) but about 1 or 2 pieces at the end of my STR tab have the Intersection Placement String Missing. I remove my NAM folder when I update it so I don't think its because of an old controller. I can't even tell what intersections they were. Does anyone else know what could be going on? ()what()
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

z

When you removed your whole NAM folder, did you reinstall STR?

sim-al2

Yes. I just copied the folder...

oh, wait, maybe that's why... ()testing()

I'll go try reinstalling it from the installer. ::)
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

relics8801

Hello NAM's team.
I fond problem with an Installer(for Windors) of lates NAM.  $%Grinno$%

A file 'NetworkAddonMod_Traffic_Data_View_Transit_Stations.dat' could not installed right even it was CHECK 'New Zone Date View' on the Installer.

I already got this file from MAC version now, confirm it please for user whom will donwload it in future.  ;)

Thank you
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

z

That file is not part of the NAM.  You probably shouldn't be using it.  The name of the file installed by the New Data Zone View is NetworkAddonMod_Zone_Data_View.dat.

Andreas

It appears that I accidentially included this file in the Mac version of the NAM. It won't do any harm; it's just a modified data view exemplar file that adds the transit stations in the traffic data view, like Tropod's old data view mod. Normally, this shouldn't affect the traffic data view at all, but if you use a lot of road-top mass transit stations, the dislayed stations might block the view on the actual congestion of those parts of the transit network.
Andreas

TWAK

I read the faq and used cleantool before my install, but my OWR3  doesn't have intersection stop lights. Is this a plug in error of my own, or is it something that needs to be worked out?
Like if I drag a road through the OWR-3 only the stop lights for the 2 way road will show up, no stop lights for the OWR will be there

jdenm8

@ TWAK, no, that is normal. Maxis OWR (-2) doesn't have stoplights on the OWR section either.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

TWAK

oh ok good to hear. If I do an intersection with a OWR 3 and another OWR 3 I also get no stoplights!

Tarkus

Quote from: TWAK on June 08, 2010, 08:47:20 PM
oh ok good to hear. If I do an intersection with a OWR 3 and another OWR 3 I also get no stoplights!

Yeah, any intersection with an OWR isn't going to have stoplights on the OWR part.  It's intentionally done that way, as there's no way to sync them with the "tidal flow" directionality mechanism that controls the OWR direction, and the stop points also do not function properly on OWRs, meaning the lights are stuck on green.

-Alex

j-dub

What if you control the traffic lights by hand? You know, use the undocumented shift and query click command on the signals? I never got to mess around with it on said OWR networks, because their not there by default, but I have changed traffic lights manually by mouse control on the other networks. Even if I just built the network, and the lights are stuck, I can get the lights to change red manually. But don't take my word for it, I am not making any guarantees, there are only a few people that know how to manually change the traffic signals themselves. I really am not the first, but I just thought to mention something else in case no one has tried before. Even if the signals don't change on OWRs, I still just like seeing some sort of traffic control point at an area it need be, it sucks in real life I have to live by a huge 5 by 3 lane 4 way intersection in the middle of suburbia where they refuse to get a traffic light. As for OWR-2 X's, I have used a work around. I use half of an avenue intersection (advanced building) to accomplish working signals on the One Way. Its just weird, you can split up an avenue so far apart, and the lights still seem to work without the other side next to it, and the fact this game could not have been made that avenues and OWR are really identical so the stoplight traffic control system could work the same way.

relics8801

Quote from: TurkusThat file is not part of the NAM.  You probably shouldn't be using it.  The name of the file installed by the New Data Zone View is NetworkAddonMod_Zone_Data_View.dat.

Quote from: Andreas.....Normally, this shouldn't affect the traffic data view at all, but if you use a lot of road-top mass transit stations, the dislayed stations might block the view on the actual congestion of those parts of the transit network.

Thank you for answers both  :)
I'd confused a little that a file included only in MAC version of NAM. ;D
It's personaly opinion, this is a very usefull option so I think this should be official option of the NAM. ;)

and

A report from MAC user again here. "$Deal"$
I have seen some report about that in our forum, They said that....
"Passenger-Train and GLR-Train are not pass through in left side with Left-Hand-Version of the latest NAM"
Only "CAR" is passed in left-side correctly. ;D

I know that MAS71 san already reported about problems of MAC.
I wish that problems would be corrected in future with NAM. ;)

Thanks for your big helps NAM Team. :thumbsup:
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

dare2go

Quote from: dare2go on May 31, 2010, 05:41:40 PM
Thanks to z for the detailled reply re. the TRAM stations - very helpful...  &apls

I'm stuck [with a new city I'm playing to learn about all the different NAM features - - - and limitations - as I find out]...

Please have look at the photo and tell me if there are any solutions I might have overlooked for the 3 issues highlighted:

This highway had been (sorta) planned for, but only now is it time to insert it... I first tried to lay a RHW along the sunken bit, but failed completely with adding any on/off ramps to it (couldn't get it to work due to gradient of slope).

Cheers!

Follow Up:

One can get the GLR-TRAM across using FLUP (Flexible Underpass) puzzles pieces without the underpass-subway transition piece, even though the slope looks way too steep for real life:

All replies I received stated that there was no way to get the Tram across so I am surprised that it works (sort of - still some minor issues) - I just thought I post this update (before this city needs to be blown up - - - after I had to reinstall everything...)
SimCity - proof that the earth is flat

j-dub

Uhh, woops. Well, I guess we all learn something new, don't we. Then again, thats why "like to surprise" is part of the NAM's motto.

z

Quote from: j-dub on June 09, 2010, 09:26:00 AM
Then again, thats why "like to surprise" is part of the NAM's motto.

I think it's part of the game's motto, too.  :D

jdenm8

Quote from: dare2go on June 09, 2010, 03:46:39 AM
Follow Up:

One can get the GLR-TRAM across using FLUP (Flexible Underpass) puzzles pieces without the underpass-subway transition piece, even though the slope looks way too steep for real life:

All replies I received stated that there was no way to get the Tram across so I am surprised that it works (sort of - still some minor issues) - I just thought I post this update (before this city needs to be blown up - - - after I had to reinstall everything...)

There is a way, but it involves converting it to Elevated Rail for a short stretch.

Here is a mock-up of how I would have done it.

dare2go

Quote from: jdenm8 on June 09, 2010, 06:04:52 PM
There is a way, but it involves converting it to Elevated Rail for a short stretch.

Here is a mock-up of how I would have done it.

:thumbsup: I like the look of your solution!

Where to you convert to Elevated Rail, which tile did you use for the road crossing?
Also: do you know/have the link for your retaining wall pieces?
The ones I downloaded I don't like in my game (too chunky), so I deleted them...

Thanks in advance for the reply...
SimCity - proof that the earth is flat

jdenm8

Those retaining walls are jeironij's. The bridge is an addon made by buddybud.

This the bridge set: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=13869
The walls are part of the dependencies.

There is a puzzle piece that converts GLR to ELR on one tile and that is the On-Slope piece (It looks funny when placed on flat ground). I used the T version (which has street running under it), dragged street underneath, demolished the street (but didn't touch the puzzle piece), did the same on the other side and then dragged Ground Highway through. The level crossing is a GLR puzzle piece in the regular tab loop. A helpful thing to remember is that Draggable GLR and Puzzle piece GLR can be used together.

MOREOPTIONS

Good day everyone, I hope all is well with you!  I thank you for all the help before.  I do have one thing i would like to ask tho.  why can i not get the roads to have passing zones.. all i ever get is sollid yellow lines.. there is an exception tho, when i go at an angle it will give me the white slashes as if for one way roads and the traffic is only acting like it's one way road at that point...  perhaps something is a miss in my NAM plugins or I have something i shouldn't in my plugin...  Cam is not saying one way or the other as it's only showing missing components from the old NAM...  but when i look and am using them components are in my menu and able to be used...  if you like can add a pic...  but am sure you know what i am referring to...  yellow sollid yellow broken... :-)

Thank you Tarkus !!!  will try that option, as it gives more real looking.  Perhaps you may be able to incorporate this option withen other NAM applications. as the appearance will look nicer...  have a blessed day!