• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

Quote from: Kuewr665 on December 08, 2013, 04:39:44 PM
I mean whether the path file works with NAM.

No, they are not compatible. The NAM contains modified copies of the same paths, but the modifications are different from ebina's. Anyway, the file contains only 5 path files, so probably you won't notice a difference at all, whether you use ebina's paths or the ones from the NAM.

Kuewr665

thebagleboy

Don't know if this has already been spotted but it appears that the onslope transition of L1 MIS to L2 MIS isn't properly textured.

The transition works 100% fine though and all the pathing is still there.

Tarkus

The texture is fine, but the model is not--thanks for catching that.  I found all the MIS On-Slopes were copies of the L0-L1/L0-L2 and raised them to the correct height levels.

-Alex

tvrcars

just wondering if you can get anything to cover underneath the RHW ramps?  if you look at the picture you can see all the grassy textures around the MIS and RHW but the ramps dont come with anything under them.. so is it something i missed in the installation of nam31.2

APSMS

Puzzle pieces are generally model based and thus lack wealth/ground/grass textures. They will not be added in a later release, as the jury is out on what to do with wealth textures (many advanced users try to avoid them, others prefer them--Mandelsoft and Haljackey are prime examples).

MMP trees might be a reasonable way to cover up the discrepancy, or a lot with overhanging prop trees to hide it if you prefer plopping lots. Either way, for the FA stuff, you're out of luck. draggable/flex based ramps will have welathification textures, though those may not be available for a while.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

bman7

Why are my MIS/road intersections looking like this? The one on the right was made with MIS coming off of a type B ramp, and the correct one on the left was made using the MIS starter.

samerton

Quote from: bman7 on December 13, 2013, 07:37:28 AM
Why are my MIS/road intersections looking like this? The one on the right was made with MIS coming off of a type B ramp, and the correct one on the left was made using the MIS starter.

*Snip*

I think you need to leave more space between the MIS curve and the road, then it should all work normally :)

eagle74

First of all, the NAM 31.2 is awesome!  It still keeps the game fun after a decade.  A few questions:
1-What is the general procedure concerning bug fixes?  Are they issued between NAM versions with "NAM essentials" or are they saved up for the next NAM release?
2-How do FLUPS work concerning capacity of the tile under the roadway, highway, etc?  What is the correct puzzle piece for OWR under RHW or MHW?
3-This is most likely operator error on my part due to a tile having transit memory of what was there before. . . so, I am building a custom intersection with RHW-8s crossing 8s & have to bulldoze a few mistakes.  When I re-plop the right piece where it was bulldozed (in this case an exit ramp), the ramp tile is offset by one tile towards the shoulder & leaves a hole in the road.  Replopping, it cannot be forced to texture correctly, even if the entire section is bulldozed & redone.   

Indiana Joe

Quote from: eagle74 on December 18, 2013, 04:46:19 PM
1-What is the general procedure concerning bug fixes?  Are they issued between NAM versions with "NAM essentials" or are they saved up for the next NAM release?

Bug fixes are now added in the 'point' releases.  (NAM 31 was the original release, 31.1 and 32.2 are bug fixes.)  NAM essentials is currently outdated.

2-How do FLUPS work concerning capacity of the tile under the roadway, highway, etc?  What is the correct puzzle piece for OWR under RHW or MHW?

FLUPs are treated as intersections, and have the capacity of such (higher than the normal networks).  There are no FLUPs under RHW; normal FLUPs may be used for OWRs.

3-This is most likely operator error on my part due to a tile having transit memory of what was there before. . . so, I am building a custom intersection with RHW-8s crossing 8s & have to bulldoze a few mistakes.  When I re-plop the right piece where it was bulldozed (in this case an exit ramp), the ramp tile is offset by one tile towards the shoulder & leaves a hole in the road.  Replopping, it cannot be forced to texture correctly, even if the entire section is bulldozed & redone.   

A possible bug; if so it has probably been fixed on our end.  Try demolishing and dezoning the area multiple times.  Then quit, re-load the city and try again.

eagle74

Thanks for the quick response.  I actually abandoned the 8s intersection & ended up going with MHW. . . simple but effective.

APSMS

Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 18, 2013, 05:33:32 PM
Quote from: eagle74 on December 18, 2013, 04:46:19 PM

FLUPs are treated as intersections, and have the capacity of such (higher than the normal networks).  There are no FLUPs under RHW; normal FLUPs may be used for OWRs.

There are, in fact, FLUPs under RHW. Since they are RHW-related items, and since FLUPs are for all road networks, these can be found under the Road-RHW tab ring at the bottom of the Roads (not Highways) menu. I have used these before.

eagle74

Thanks, the FLUPS for road under RHW are listed in the "List of Items" in the RHW manual.  But, OWR under RHW is not listed.  So, if I use the road piece as a substitute, I assume it will have the capacity of road (not OWR). 

memo

Quote from: eagle74 on December 21, 2013, 03:13:48 AM
Thanks, the FLUPS for road under RHW are listed in the "List of Items" in the RHW manual.  But, OWR under RHW is not listed.  So, if I use the road piece as a substitute, I assume it will have the capacity of road (not OWR).

In fact, it will have the capacity of RHW, which is much higher than both Road and OWR.

eagle74

Kitsune

Has any thought been given to making a special piece that would allow the RD-6 to use the MHW bridges that cant be converted?
~ NAM Team Member

APSMS

That sounds like a good idea! not sure how it'd be implemented; maybe a RHW-6s type transition/starter thingy? It'd certainly add some use to all of those 6 lane bridges we can't touch otherwise. Esp since MHW forces a lane merge every time with AVE-4 or Rd-2.

While we're at it, we might as well ask for a RD-6 to RHW-6s piece, but that can wait until next release; I'd rather have them fix the symmetrical 6S to 6C transition (using overhangs)

Tarkus

RD-6 to RHW-6S already exists.  It's a draggable transition--just run the two networks together.  Unless there's a strange footprint involved, pretty much all NWM transitions going forward will be draggable.

NWM networks will be getting their own bridges at some point, and given the type of modeling used on the MHW bridges, and the fact that the MHW lanes are considerably narrower than the RD-6 lanes, that's not really a combination we're going to be highlighting.

-Alex

OhioHawk

OK, Do not understand whats going on. I had to re format my computer. I re installed my version of SimCity 4 Deluxe (US version) downloaded the latest NAM from Lex,  tried to install it.  it said that I did not have the correct patch.  and I did install the patch.  have had it since it came out.  now it will not install period (The NAM)  what is the deal with this ??

just to make sure, I re downloaded the UPDATE_SKU1_TO_P1_B638.zip, Installed it.  it keps saying it was already patched.  then I go back to the NAM again, and try to install it. it tells me the patch is not installed.  I am running around in circles with this darn game.  never had a problem before.  can someone guide me in this please.  about to toss hte whole game out the window. 

Forgot to add. I Do have this game, bought it 2 months after it came out.  so its a REAL game, no cracked junk.

AZTiger98

I downloaded NAM (latest version) and installed it last night.  One issue I'm having is that I don't see any entrance/exit ramps (potentially other features as well) for level 1 highways.  The only options I have are for levels 0 and 2.  Am I missing something?  Sure would be nice to be able to use the NAM entrance and exit ramps for an elevated system without having to build a level 2 elevated highway.