• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Quote from: Gugu3 on December 12, 2013, 07:48:30 AM
Seems like I've missed your post eggman!
The catenaries just look wonderful!sooo real!
Willy any progress so far?have you ever thought about making a "secret weapon" video for the RRW?
Cheers
Guglielmo

Nothing to show Gugu, or you'd know ;)

Quote from: DJSun1981 on December 14, 2013, 04:01:07 AM
Will be there EL-RRW too? &apls

If you mean viaduct rail, then yes, but not yet. It'll be a draggable network but we're still prototyping. My model editing skills are improving rather quickly, so it's definitely a doable project.

Quote from: APSMS on December 14, 2013, 04:34:07 AM
I think Moonlight's mod is all that will be done for a while, though eggman has shown interest in eventually porting the caternaries over to the EL-Rail network. I'd say it won't be for a while, esp. since all of his most recent work on curves is for the modified radius RRW ones, while the El-Rail retain the standard Maxis radii curvature (whole new set of T21 parameters for some of the trickiest parts of the network).

Because of the nature of the base network and the modding team responsible for GLR/ELR being mostly inactive, I'd suggest that reason as being the primary difference between the two potential projects; Heavy Rail is probably much simpler to mod.

El-Rail or moonlinght's mod has of course nothing to do with RRW (I've been advocating to rename the thing ELR or E-Lightrail), but I assume DJSun1981 meant elevated heavy rail viaducts. As for light rail (E or G), there are plans being thrown around with an eye towards revamping the network; Noah, memo and myself have had this in mind at various points. From what I can tell, light rail uses the same INRUL flags as heavy rail, so there's a potential to port the RRW code into any such light rail revamp that may occur. It certainly has nothing to do with the present modding team or difficulty levels (in my opinion the most capable NAM team members are currently active--as you may recall one of them just created a brand new ELR over avenue network ;)).

Cheers
Willy

jeckyll

:o How long will we have been waiting for all these wonderful gems?
I meant, when will it be available to download?

metarvo

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 14, 2013, 05:42:32 AM
(I've been advocating to rename the thing ELR or E-Lightrail)

This is a good idea.  :thumbsup:  GLR could be referred to as GLR (or L0 LR-2), standard Rail could be GHDTR (or L0 HR-2), STR could be GHSTR (or L0 HR-1), El-Rail could be ELR (or L2 LR-2), and so on, in a nod to the RHW nomenclature.  The sidings and the like that branch off could be named similarly to the RHW ramps.  Just an idea.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Flaviolovesimcity4

On standard Maxis rail i never saw a sort of "in good place" signals, but in this RRW mod there are signals that are in the spots they should be or it remain another mod?

Indiana Joe

Quote from: jeckyll on December 14, 2013, 10:09:29 AM

The RRW will be packaged with the next NAM release.  You know how release dates work for that.   :thumbsup:

Quote from: Flaviolovesimcity4 on December 14, 2013, 01:26:02 PM
On standard Maxis rail i never saw a sort of "in good place" signals, but in this RRW mod there are signals that are in the spots they should be or it remain another mod?

Willy has T21'd signals on all track switches, so yes, they will be more realistic.

Swordmaster

Quote from: metarvo on December 14, 2013, 12:49:46 PM
This is a good idea.  :thumbsup:  GLR could be referred to as GLR (or L0 LR-2), standard Rail could be GHDTR (or L0 HR-2), STR could be GHSTR (or L0 HR-1), El-Rail could be ELR (or L2 LR-2), and so on, in a nod to the RHW nomenclature.  The sidings and the like that branch off could be named similarly to the RHW ramps.  Just an idea.  :)

I wouldn't extend the idea to Heavy Rail, since the STR-DTR-TTR-QTR nomenclature is already quite familiar to most people. The difference between L2-DTR and ELR should be clear enough I think.

The switches are indeed already following the RHW scheme. Current "DTR-DTR parallel switch" would be an A2 for instance. Some further thinking needs to be done, though.

Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 14, 2013, 02:36:20 PMWilly has T21'd signals on all track switches, so yes, they will be more realistic.

Eh, I have not. I assume these would be an optional and customizable feature, but I haven't really thought about it yet. I know there are several signal prop packs available; I need to take a look at those.

Cheers
Willy

Gugu3

Thanks for the reply Willy and the effort you're putting into this project &apls &apls

Kuewr665

Really? I often run into problems when describing elevated rail when they mean viaduct rail instead. The network called Elevated rail is actually Light rail.

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Swordmaster on December 15, 2013, 12:57:34 AM
Quote from: Indiana Joe on December 14, 2013, 02:36:20 PMWilly has T21'd signals on all track switches, so yes, they will be more realistic.

Eh, I have not. I assume these would be an optional and customizable feature, but I haven't really thought about it yet. I know there are several signal prop packs available; I need to take a look at those.

I was thinking of switch signals that you put on all the puzzle pieces.  But you're right, I forgot they don't appear on draggables.

eggman121

Quote from: jeckyll on December 14, 2013, 10:09:29 AM

If you are wondering when the overhead wire will be released my answer is not for a long time. There is a lot of work involved in making the wires and especially the poles and curves need multiple duplicate models to line up correctly  ???. Switches will be even more troublesome since multiple models will be required. I also have the problem of railway crossings and signals that will need to be added to the mod so they can both show up instead of overwriting each other. I will have to work with other T21 modders and lot modders in general (for stations and such). I also have a fair bit of RL to contend with too such as starting a town planning course next year.

That being said I will continue to work on the wires where time permits. There is a lot of work that needs to be done so unfortunately wires won't be realized for quite a while.

-eggman121     

Gugu3

FrankU

DJSun1981

Thanks @swordmaster, that answer my question

If i am right, it could be possible to make double-deck RRW - bridges with rail on the ground and above the rail a RHW  ()what() like the DDRHW

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: DJSun1981 on December 16, 2013, 09:22:20 PMIf i am right, it could be possible to make double-deck RRW - bridges with rail on the ground and above the rail a RHW like the DDRHW

Viaduct Rail has already existed for years, but it's been called, for the longest time, "Railroad Puzzle Pieces".

As of any form of RHW Dual Networking, as this kind of thing falls under that category, it won't be added due to the enormous number of crosslinkages it would need (as would be the number of people requesting for it if even one related feature is added).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Gugu3

Think he was not referring about viaduct rail Ganaram...think he was proposing something like el-rail over road/avenue but with heavy rail on ground and RHW on top...
Not feasible...cannot imagine the amount of crosslinking there :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

jdenm8

It's relatively possible, but not practical. I doubt it would be made, especially considering the space that would be needed to separate the two networks.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

vinlabsc3k

At first glance, I didn't like the texture at all. &mmm
But now I think this mod is a necessary addition to the NAM, especially with the wired catenaries from Eggman121 &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

eggman121

Thanks for the support everybody  :thumbsup:

I hope that Willy does not mind what I am posting here. I could not resist  ;D. I have been working on wires for the Elevated Rail. Since there is no Height Restrictions on the Elevated Rail as far as I know I have been using the poles that uki sim has sent me as part of the catenaries mod that I am working on at the moment. Hopefully I make a few Japanese train fans happy  :thumbsup:. Many credits to the original creator of these poles which is USO800鉄道BLOG. They are some fine structures. I will restrict the poles uki sim modified and wires to elevated structures since the I'm trying to keep the height of the L0 track structures under 7 to 6.5 m so they can pass under L1 Bridges. Hope you enjoy!   

-eggman121

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vinlabsc3k

It's a good addition :thumbsup:, but don't you think that in the future there are L3 network (ie RHW) over the elevated rail? &mmm
It's a good rule to standardize a project. ;)
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!