• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

ohhs and ahhhs!...

it is looking all so promising good, its getting very exciting, anticipating good things here...  &apls :thumbsup:

it will make for great basis for VDK's new N. America train sets to run on...  :)

eggman121

Very nice Indiana Joe  :thumbsup: .

Lack of Railyards and other RRW lots are probably the main problem for users uptaking the RRW so it is good that you have been able to make a railyard. Can't wait for seaports!

Keep it up

-eggman121

roadgeek

Quote from: Indiana Joe on June 06, 2014, 09:28:30 PM
Maybe it's not as exciting as 3D stuff, but here's what I've been working on this week.

Doing something similar with Willy's original textures shouldn't be a problem.

Stunning & mind boggling!!!  &apls

eggman121

Here are some Pics of the MiniTurnout B2. I have some free time now so watch this space!

-eggman121

art128

that's absolutely fantastic.

I love the overhead line end.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

Awesome progress!  Any word on those bridges you were working on earlier eggman? 

FrankU

Even more ooooh's and aaaahhhhh's!
This thread is becoming very repetitive: you show us an image, we all go ooohhh and aaaahhhh!

But because we all like a moment of awe once in a while I'd say: at all means continue!  ()flower()

belfastsocrates

Quote from: FrankU on June 10, 2014, 06:11:48 AM
Even more ooooh's and aaaahhhhh's!
This thread is becoming very repetitive: you show us an image, we all go ooohhh and aaaahhhh!

But because we all like a moment of awe once in a while I'd say: at all means continue!  ()flower()

My sentiments exactly!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Swordmaster

Apologies for my absence, dear friends. I've been dividing up my time between music and a girl ;D

Quote from: Indiana Joe on June 06, 2014, 09:28:30 PM
Maybe it's not as exciting as 3D stuff, but here's what I've been working on this week.

Doing something similar with Willy's original textures shouldn't be a problem.

Fantastic Matt! &apls  That looks exactly like I had it in mind back in the day. I've nicked someone's outdated graphics card to put in my old machine so I hope I can finally retrieve all the stuff on there! Hang on. . .

For the record, I also wish to state for everyone that my textures or anything else I made is free to use and adapt as per the good old modding community standards. :)

Not sure when I'll get back to this, so don't hold your breath; but then, it looks like rail modding is in good hands :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

FrankU

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 10, 2014, 11:15:56 AM
Apologies for my absence, dear friends. I've been dividing up my time between music and a girl ;D

For a reason like that we don't need an apology!  :D

eggman121

Welcome back Willy. It is always good to see you drop in every now and than. Hope all is going well!

Quote from: Simcoug on June 10, 2014, 05:56:15 AM
Awesome progress!  Any word on those bridges you were working on earlier eggman? 

Hello Simcoug

Here are the bridges that I have made so far side by side:

I have some more to come. The reason why I have not been showing bridges is because it can be quite hard to make a bridge and some of the bridges still have some errors. But stay tuned since I will be making some longer span bridges!

-eggman121

Indiana Joe

Ermahgerd it's Willeh!!

Quote from: Swordmaster on June 10, 2014, 11:15:56 AM

Two things I always wish I was spending more time on  $%Grinno$%

Take your time with the files, I have plenty to work on.

Quote from: noahclem on June 07, 2014, 05:53:19 AM
3 tracks per tile

Track center spacing in those textures is 4 meters, which is pretty much the lower limit of standard spacing.  3 tracks is awkward to transition into from dual-track rail, but I might make multiple widths.  It varies of course; depending on what purposes the yard serves and what kinds of cars and equipment are being used.

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 07, 2014, 05:56:17 AM
Will this be replacing the existing ncd textures? If so, awesome, we have instant RRW-compatible rail yards now!

That's a negative.  NCD made a butt load of textures that I don't want to re-create.  The change in track spacing and curve radius would mess it up too.  I am creating an entirely new pack of modular lots, which will support multiple RRW texture packs.

EDIT: keep going on those bridges Stephen!

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Indiana Joe on June 10, 2014, 02:12:48 PM

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 07, 2014, 05:56:17 AM
Will this be replacing the existing ncd textures? If so, awesome, we have instant RRW-compatible rail yards now!

That's a negative.  NCD made a butt load of textures that I don't want to re-create.  The change in track spacing and curve radius would mess it up too.  I am creating an entirely new pack of modular lots, which will support multiple RRW texture packs.

EDIT: keep going on those bridges Stephen!

To be honest, it wouldn't make a difference if spacing was revised, as they're cosmetic pieces. I'm assuming you're doing a new complete set that will pretty much cover 99% of all possibilities currently available with NCD's textures?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

eggman121

Could not help myself :D

Finally Wires have come to STR or RRW 1. Don't know if that is the new nomenclature yet but I guess only time will tell.

-eggman121

FrankU

You are beyond every kind of help we could offer.  :D

Awe again!  &apls and  :thumbsup:

jdenm8

I love the progress. That STR Wye worries me a little, a real train would wipe those posts out of existence. They're too close. Two seperate posts in the center with lengthened arms may work better..

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

compdude787

The rail bridges you've made look fabulous! I love that through-truss bridge, but I'd make it look more rusty because pretty much every rail bridge I've seen in RL looks old and rusty since they were built over fifty years ago. I'd also love to see an STR version of that truss bridge; that would look neat!

One suggestion I'd have is to have thicker pylons on some of your bridges to make them look more stout. Currently, they just look way too flimsy and thin right now.

Keep up the great work on the bridges and catenaries.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

deora

And even more ohhhh`s and aahhhh`s and also a couple of woooow`s
Love everything so far and that bit after bit comes together for a complete RRW set.Especialy love the freight yard. &hlp

vortext

Woooaahhh!!!!!!!

There, a single exclamation to sum it all up!  :D

Those posts on the y split are really close to the tracks indeed. Stellar job with the bridges though!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana