• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

belfastsocrates

Quote from: mgb204 on July 30, 2015, 04:24:51 PM

Is it really just the ballast that some of you don't like about the RRW textures? It took a while for RRW to win me over but I find I really like the textures the more I use them, it wasn't an instant thing.

For me personally it's probably the ballast and sleepers, the RRW rails aren't an issue for me as they do have a realistic 'weathered' look to them. I'm just more aware of modern railways where I live using concrete sleepers.

I think I'm going to give RRW another go and see how I feel about it, I'm rather giddy by the RRW developments being progressed and I would be a massive shame to lose on that fantastic work.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

NielsC007

NAM 33 just came out I'm already super excited for NAM 34, fantastic work!

Wiimeiser

The RRW DTR Y-splitter lacks paths in LHD. Possibly in RHD too, but that's highly unlikely.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Flashouille

Hello Guy's,

By advance, sorry for my bad english, I'm french..
I have a problem with the RRW, when I drive a train and arrive at a switch, I can't choose direction because there is not the green/red direction arrow... It is normal, or existing a solution of this problem?
I don't want to delete the RRW, because it is a very very great add..!

Flashouille

mgb204

Sadly the additional code required for the switches has yet to be added to allow this functionality with RRW. I can't say if or when this will happen, I suspect it's not the highest priorty though.

eggman121

Quote from: mgb204 on August 04, 2015, 04:18:13 PM
Sadly the additional code required for the switches has yet to be added to allow this functionality with RRW. I can't say if or when this will happen sadly, I suspect it's not the highest priorty though.

It should not be too hard to make the Junction paths. Although at this point in time we are polishing off NAM 33. For NAM 34 I aim to fix this problem since Static pieces will become a thing of the past.

The RRW was presented too quickly IMHO and as such I am trying to fix it up with new content.

-eggman121

Girafe

When could we expect the catenaries in RRW?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

eggman121

Quote from: Girafe on August 04, 2015, 04:50:53 PM
When could we expect the catenaries in RRW?

That's definitely on the list  :thumbsup:

I have to rework all my T21ing for the new components but It should be achievable. I am just trying to get the base network up and running so I have to deal with that first. With the cohort working thanks to Memo I should be able to put alternative styles in as well. I will see what time frame I have. It is not certain if there will be catenaries in the next NAM version but I have high hopes of it eventuating. One thing to note. Puzzle pieces will not support catenaries! only draggable/ Flex equivalents.

-eggman121

Simcoug

All your work on the RRW is much appreciated eggman121!  NAM 33 just fell from the heavens, but seeing some of your work makes me already anticipating 34  ;D
I don't know how Karma points work, but just picture me lobbing karma grenades in your general direction  :D

eggman121

Quote from: Simcoug on August 04, 2015, 09:18:05 PM
All your work on the RRW is much appreciated eggman121!  NAM 33 just fell from the heavens, but seeing some of your work makes me already anticipating 34  ;D
I don't know how Karma points work, but just picture me lobbing karma grenades in your general direction  :D

Why thank you  :thumbsup:

Speaking of Wye's here are some I made today  ;D

The karma would be nice but what impresses me more is the work that I have done is bringing delight to many of you in the SC4 community which is not limited to SC4D but also Simtropolis.

I plan to stay here for a while and I guess my main motivation for expanding the RRW is to complete the mission  ?$%kar&%h that was started by Willy so all of you can enjoy  &bis&

Thanks again!

-eggman121

APSMS

I'm new to the whole dish-out-deserving-K-points-as-a-moderator thing.

But Matt, I think I agree with you. This work has been completely hidden from the public until now, and it is fairly awesome, so Stephen, have a K-point from SimCoug and me as a thank you for your continued work on this project, and for having said work be so incredible to boot.

I am looking forward to NAM 34 as well, just to see these developments in my cities. Thanks again for the hard work.

-Absalom
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

eggman121

Thank you for the kind works and the K-point  ;D

You two are quite well respected on this site and it is people like you that make such a project worthwhile.

I have been working on this project for a while now. I was probably one of the first to agree that the RRW was a game changing project. I guess with a rail renaissance in both RL and SC4 that I had to continue the mission of making a realistic and diverse set of tracks to compliment the rest of the networks. It was one of the main things that where lacking until now.

I have many projects up my sleeve and will start on them when the time is right but for now lets steam along for a flex, draggable RRW  ()stsfd().

-eggman121/ Stephen

belfastsocrates

A rail renaissance that has been long overdue. I'm thrilled someone is dedicating themselves to revitalising rail and making it visually attractive and realistic. I think that's highly commendable and it's very exciting seeing all the progress thus far.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

carlfatal

These Y-switches are awesome!  &apls

Although I wasn´t able to change my current region rail style into RRW, I am heavily waiting for the NAM 34. I can´t tell you, how much I appreciate your work here. I am just someone, who always wanted and still wants to play SimCity with a realistic railway system. And I know, that the next NAM will make me start a new region only for this.  :bnn:

Do you plan to make a texture set for lotting purposes? Would be nice to have seamless tracks everywhere.  :)

vinlabsc3k

Great development Stephen!! &apls &apls &apls

I didn't install the RRW because is an alpha release, but with the next NAM I will definitely use it. :thumbsup:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

eggman121

Thanks for all the kind words everyone  :thumbsup:

Well here is another teaser  $%Grinno$%

It is FARR2 with crossings. One of them elevated.

Thanks again  :thumbsup:

-eggman121

Simcoug

mgb204

Elevated FAR Crossings, yes, yes, yes - I've been wanting those very badly.

Vizoria

Eggman I have been following your work on developing the RRW and it is freaking amazing. I saw this video of the latest RRW pieces being developed, all draggable, and my mind was blown! Does this mean draggable RRW pieces will have that low wealth grass texture?

Anyway, what you are doing with the RRW is even more impressive than the new RHW- I really love railways in SC4.

p.s. Your new RRW pieces have the prettiest of textures, especially the FAR RRW road crossing.

Girafe

Amazing development

Surely one of the most wanted feature in the NAM  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *