• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Custom Query Boxes

Started by A_1P, January 03, 2021, 05:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_1P

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to fit my lots with custom query boxes and can't quite make it work. In the game there is still the query box of the original lot showing up.
I also posted this on simtropolis with a few other questions here, but I hope to get a broader audience (I know lots of you are active on both sides tho).

Maybe someone with experience in creating custom query boxes can enlighten me.

Here is what I did:

1. Exported an existing UI from the game using UIEditor
2. Adjusted the Group and Instance ID using Reader0.93 and edited the query box a little (see below)

3. Adjusted the Query Exemplar GUID of the Lot with Reader0.93 to match the ID set in step 2.

fantozzi

If the UI file can't be found nothing happens when you click on the lot. If the UI file isn't integer the game crashes when clicking. I 

If you click and the old/standard querry window apears most probably there is a conflict with the querry ID - f.e. you have two lot versions in your plugin folder and the first (older) is loaded. SC4 loads the content of subfolders of the plugin folder first. Or the ID is already in use.

A_1P

Hi fantozzi,

thanks for the reply. I guess your first instinct is correct. There seems to be an issue finding the UI file.

I tried linking the lot to a random standard UI file in the simcity_1.dat and that worked.

My UI-file is the only file in a *.dat-file that is located in my plugin folder and that does not seem to work? Also when I try to import from this dat-file with the UI reader, it lists the UI but then when I try to import nothing happens.

In the Reader it says it contains a UI file and the preview works.

Tyberius06

Hi there,

Download this file and follow the steps...

Daeley's Query editing (revised)

I used the newer Readers, and some of the steps are easier or more flexible with those, than the good old v0.93. Also used GIMP for photoediting.
I created these for the revision of the Heretic Seaports/Heretic-PEG-CDK3 Costal Remake Project.

Advice: use unique instance IDs for your UIs and the additional Ltext and PNG properties.

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.