• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's showcase and uploads .

Started by Badsim, January 26, 2007, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

OK , folks , I've heard you ...so you know there's no life without dependencies  ;D

With Yoder 's authorization & barbyW's help , this could be my first upload ... pray with me .
Yoder , have to say I would be very proud to start my LOTer destiny with this beauty you've done ... I have already Lotted hundred BATs so I saw them closely for hours & I can say your mastery is now the same than Xannepan , Porkissimo or JEC' s ones . &apls

At this occasion , I'm making the most elaborated  Lot ever (of mine , I mean ) , with Osturland Great Hall V2 .

Oppie 's  canal pieces and a transit enable avenue are integrated to the Lot ... these pictures are just previews , the Lot isn't achieved . Tell me that you think , D'you want it ? Just like this or another version without canal pieces ?(you're not obliged to draw an entire canal , you can also just draw two rectangular ponds )

A view from LotEditor...

The Lot itself at this time...

"In situation"

Hope you like it...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

wouanagaine

OMG  &apls

The lot is very very appealing, if Barbyw is the goddess, you're the god

I want it :), however I'll tweak it for removing oppie canal as I don't use them, but I'm sure you can upload it like that

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Badsim

Wouanagaine , you'll just have to remove canal props with LotEditor , the base texture under them is the the same grey paved than on the frontside ...

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yoder7652

wow! this is great  &apls &apls &apls
there are so many detail in the lot to look at and take in...I think that what I like the most about your lots (in general) is that you are not afraid to use bold ground textures, which really enhance the lot. I think the canal is fine, but I tend to use oppies canals...I think the avenue is fantastic! one thing though, in the second pic from the bottom you have a fence around the green space on the right, but not on the left...I assume you probably wanted symmetry here.

M4346

WOW! That looks REALLY good!  &apls :thumbsup:

I love how you've integrated Oppie's canals, but alas, I don't use them. I do love the base textures and over-all appearance though! Amazing!  ;D

I'd love to see more of your work. :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

derek_pearce

*faints * omg i think i have found my cities city hall district  centerpiece
Signature comming soon

Badsim

That's achieved ... and already in BarbyW's hands .Don't forget in future to thanks her .

;)

jeronij

Simply WOW  ???

Amazing. Excellent work  :thumbsup: . I could not expect less  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

keithsed

YES!  YES!  YES!  &apls  &apls

How do you do it?

The dome is breath taking. :thumbsup:

Keith

Air6

Fred_Ginger

That is one stunning building on one stunning lot! &apls &apls &apls
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

rw0381c

:o

I'm atheist, but you made me believe there is a god.  &apls &apls &apls

R

goin2chicago

that is possibly the best lot i have ever seen. it's unbelievably detailed as well as realistic. i also love how you put oppie's canal in instead of simgoober's as i prefer the blue in oppie's over sg's. great lotting skills and i hope to see many more beautiful bats made better with your skills.

BarbyW

Here are some spot the difference shots as Badsim asked for my help to get this prepared for upload. I have been trying to make this more dependency friendly without losing too much of the detail. This is a beautiful lot and please don't think I am criticising Badsim $%Grinno$% Lot makers who make for their own pleasure do not have to worry about dependencies but if this is to be uploaded then one or two changes need making. Please tell me if too many changes have been made, and BTW I took pics before the sims arrived so it looks bare but I assure you there are still plenty around.

The side with the avenue - I am waiting for a texture for the crossings which is why it does not match at the moment - it will.

The parking down each side

One section of the front with Oppie's canal sections

I have also made a version with SG's canals

Changes have been made to avoid huge downloads for one prop or texture. Also I needed to take some objects out as it had reached the maximum objects on a lot point and thngs disappeared when I made changes.
Please let me know if these are OK.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

M4346

Quote from: barbyw on January 27, 2007, 01:00:06 AM

Now this one I can use!  ;D

Pity about that lovely red base texture though, still looking forward to the upload! Thanks guys, you've done a great job!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

mjig_dudy

this looks absolutely amazing, great work!

I must say i think it looks better with oppies canals, as SGs look a bit to industrial for the building

bat

sebes

I adore this one. Very good job, both of you.

Just an idea: if Badsim is uing his textures and dependencies in more of his custom lots that might be released later as well, maybe it's worth it to have 1 or 2 Badsim packs?  Maybe this is a TM idea - but you know me... For some reason the original is more fancy then the updated, but cannot realy say why.... maybe just because of the Cupola influencing the total idea...
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Serkanner

Quote from: sebes on January 27, 2007, 03:12:51 AM
I adore this one. Very good job, both of you.

Just an idea: if Badsim is uing his textures and dependencies in more of his custom lots that might be released later as well, maybe it's worth it to have 1 or 2 Badsim packs?  Maybe this is a TM idea - but you know me... For some reason the original is more fancy then the updated, but cannot realy say why.... maybe just because of the Cupola influencing the total idea...

Sebes ... you misunderstand. badsim has composed a great lot with items created by other people. It is not allowed to uplaod another person's works. This means that the items used by Badsim are called dependencies to make this lot show-up as shown on the pictures.

The items used are part of other "packs"  and need to be installed into the game as well. It is not allowed to re-upload these items by anybody not the owner.

As BarbyW found out there are a number of HUGE downlaods necessary for this lot to function correct;y. For instance: "Gare du Nord" by JENX  .... thsi is a +10MB download and only one or two small items are used on the lot.

If you have create dthe lot solely for own use this doesn't matter, but when making it available for a larger public its important to find a nice balance in the number of dependencies needed to amke a lot work. That is what Barby has accomplished with v.2 of the lot ... the same lot, just a bit less dependencies.

BarbyW

The building hasn't been changed at all, sebes, as it is Yoder7652's model. The images are close up so people can try to see what I have changed. The props that Badsim used come from a lot of different packs but none can be released as Badsim packs as the models belong to the people who made them. I am trying to keep the lot as true to his original as possible but at the same time avoid having to make people download a 15MB file - the Gare du Nord by xannepan - for one prop and two textures. I doubt many will have noticed the lack of the prop and once I have the new crossing texture the road will match. Having been in the middle of so many dependency arguments I am not afraid to use whatever I need - within reason. The difference between making for your own purposes and making to share is that consideration should be given to alternative props from packs already used unless it is absolutely necessary to use something specific. Please don't think I am criticising Badsim. I am not as I love what he does but I am trying to compromise for uploading without compromising the overall look of the lot. I am also trying to add two variations for those who don't use Oppie's canals. I have done a version with Peg's CSK as well.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original