• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's showcase and uploads .

Started by Badsim, January 26, 2007, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Quote from: barbyw on January 27, 2007, 01:00:06 AM

Changes have been made to avoid huge downloads for one prop or texture. Also I needed to take some objects out as it had reached the maximum objects on a lot point and thngs disappeared when I made changes.

Hi BarbyW ,

Thank you fistly for your help & work ...As for each of us , I think you have other things to do ...
I undestand this argument . Some missing props & avenue textures are coming from Gare du Nord (Xannepan) , a huge download (about 15 Mo , i think ) , even if there're separated .DAT files for props & Nightlights...no need to keep the .MODEL file (Everybody should have this fabulous Train Station though)
The red paved texture simply come from NDEX Texture Pack .The  others missing props are from last Glenni's Props Pack .

I use many props but at the same time they're always the same ...
.... but  I can't ask to BarbyW (or anywho )to spend all its time on me .Another solution is to write myself at the head of this topic the list of Packs or others .DAT files needed , for those wanting to follow this way ... is it worth ? It's to all of you to answer ...

Another example of that I was ready to propose ... an association of Lots , here Somy's school with Porkissimo's Art Deco School ...

These 2 Lots separated ....

Is it worth , is it worth , is it worth ..... #?¿?¿?$

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

BarbyW

I found a problem with the red tile texture. Fortunately between Serkanner and I we have solved it as I was somewhat bemused to see the comment about the texture. NDEX released a Texture pack on 5th Feb 2005. It was updated on 13th Feb 2005 with a number of changes to the original textures but using the same IIDs - not recommended :thumbsdown: As the two files also had different filenames the revision did not overwrite the original and Serkanner had both files in his plugins. I only had one as I had downloaded the update and installed it recently so I did not have both files. I have now got the file from Serkanner and extracted the one used by Badsim, given it a new IID so it now looks the same.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

sebes

Serkanner and Barby: thanks for the explanations. It makes sense to me. I learn everyday more here  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Serkanner

No problem Badsim ... this example of a "outdated"  textures shows how some "team" effort can solve problems quick and thoroughly. If you are interested in starting to share your creations I think its paramount that have a good understanding of what you are doing.

I agree that your lots look fantastic, unfortunately by using a lot of different prop packs on one lot it is more likely that mistakes are made ( both you and I had an outdated version of a textures pack for instance), or that people will not download your work as it is to much of a hassle to make sure you have all the packs needed installed.

With packs installed I don't necessarily mean installed on your HD, but installed in your plugins folder. I have many GB's of content on my HD and use a part of that dependening on what type of city I want to create. When downloads become more dependent on multiple prop packs from different creators it becomes less attractive for me to install the lot into my plugins folder. The game can handle only so many GB's of content to keep running a bit smoothly which means I have to make choices ... the creator can help me/convince me with this decision proces.

Of course this isn't your problem at all, but the end-user's problem. It is however important for you to realize what you would like to accomplish with your creative talent. The outcome of that inner-discussion is decisive for how you would like to proceed from here.

Considering your lotting talent I hope you will start to share your creations with the community, but I also hope you will seek help from people who can assist you in making great content that complies to a certain standard which makes the product as interesting as possible for the end user.

give it some thought  :)

Yoder7652

I like that complex badsim....there was a time that I had it in my plugins folder but have since removed it because of its size and lack of visual interest....however, with your lot I could be persuaded to add it back to my plugins  ;D also the Great Hall looks great.

jeronij

(1st lot) I have to say that the contrast between the front and the back floor textures in the first version is more of my taste. I think it enchances the whole look of this great lot. Just my 2 cents  ;)
(2nd lot) The school looks great. It is worth it indeed  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

goin2chicago

personally, i like badsim's rendition of the lot even though barby made little changes, it was a big difference for me. for me, if theres an upload that i really like and it requires a lot of dependancys, i have no problem getting them because you figure that there's going to be other uploads that will require some of those same dependancys. it's also likely that any long time downloader of the STEX or of peg's site or the new BSC exchange will have most of the dependancys needed. to be honest, i'd say it's worth it to release it how you intended because if you change your uploads to try and please everyone then you're not staying true to what you want to do. and i know i've been in a situation where i've found a bat that i like but then debate on whether to download it or not depending on something or another and i don't blame the uploader because they did it how they wanted and they can't cater to everones preferences. so just do what you want.

and now about somy's school, i's absolutely awesome. i think the best thing about it is the parking along the street and how you added porkissimo's school to it while still keeping it on a seperate lot for more options. i'm glad that you use those trees because i really don't like the maxis trees and can't stand seeing them on lots with such awesome bats, it sort of takes something away. overall, excellent job and i can't wait to see what else you come up with!

EDIT: i also agree with jeronij about the contrast of the textures. just more 2 cents i guess.

Badsim

I think you're right Serkanner ;) ...
I was under pressure since weeks at simphoni then here to realize some of my Lots ...

No vexation is these words ,  I'm just feeling forced into a corner by that paradox : all that makes interest in my Lots  make them almost impossible to share without my own Plugin folder .
I hope now everyone understand that. I undestand some of you may have the custom content necessary but I wonder if It wouldn't become a inexhaustible source of discord . And I'm already enough surrounded by discord in life ...
I need to think about this a little more now.

Thank you .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

BarbyW

Just to clear up the texture problem. It was not one of my making but of NDEX's as they released a pack then update but used some of the original pack IIDs to make new textures then to make things worse used a different filename so the original wasn't overwritten. I had the texture with the IID 0xE9034000 but it was from the new pack. Badsim had the texture 0xE9034000 from the old pack. I have extracted the old texture and given it a new IID so it now appears the same as the original.
I challenge the sharp eyed to see what I changed as no one seems to see specifics and they are so small that the overall lot is unchanged.

sebes

Wonderful job Barby. The flair is back the the building. I think it was the texture... giving the whole thing just that little bit extra. :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

These pics for BarbyW , useful for all though : how to drag avenues with this lot without usual props appearing on the integrated avenue .

pvarcoe

Beautiful. Nice job to both Badsim and Barbyw!
That texture makes a big difference.

Yoder7652

I think it looks great...I agree that the texture change from the NDEX one threw me a bit, but now that it is back...I dont' think that I can tell the difference between the one with more/less dependencies... &apls

@badsim....I agree that when I make lots (I'm not very good at it) I tend to not pay much attention to where they come from...I've even been known to post lots (on the bsc board) with textures from Japanese dependencies that no one can find  :( so don't loose heart. Your creations are worth the download and if you find that there are a few proppacks that you tend to use most of, then once we download them we should be set for many of your creations.

kimcar

&apls Fantastic job on this one too. It's cool to see your work in progress . Keep going. :thumbsup:

goin2chicago

with NDEX textures back it looks great. i'm really looking forward to the release!

Air6

I don't really like the association of Somy's school with Porkissimo's school. The architecture of these BATs are too different... &mmm

Elektra

Great colaboration of work.  This is beautiful.  :thumbsup: :satisfied: Wish I could make lots.  :'(

@Barby, missing the fencing in front of the shrubs close to the building?    ???
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

BarbyW

@Elektra - that is one ;D The texture was NOT a change but a conflict thanks to NDEX.

Badsim

Just a precision about gare du Nord' s props . Here two pictures of props & overlays I use many time ...

There're other props & textures . The download is upper 15 Mo but to have these props & textures you need to keep these 3 files only : about 900 Ko.