• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Swesim´s attempts at Lotting

Started by Swesim, January 17, 2008, 01:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

I shall get those packs to the LEX today. Thank you, tabi-san.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbyW

All 9 packs are now on the LEX. I made dats of the individual models and descs and added User Visible Name Key to the descs.

krbe

Kan flyene flyttes nærmere gaten, slik at de er forbundet med terminal?

Swesim

Nei, det vil ikke se pent ut, men hvis du ønsker kan du selvsagt prøve deg frem i LE.
747:ene og CRJ:ene er laget som en modell sammen med gaten for å ikke å få dette problemet.
Hvis du vill ha flyene dokket til gate må du lage nye models, og det klarer jeg ikke...
Problemet er nemlig at gatene havner "under" flyet når du plaserer flyet ved gaten.

Summary in english:

Krbe asked if it would be possible to get the planes closer to the gates so it would look as they were connected.
I answered that it is indeed possible, but that it would not look good as the aircraftprops are placed "on top of" the gateprops.
This is why the ACB jets (747s and CRJs) are modeled together with the gate as one model.
Since I don´t have the skills to remodel tabi´s aircraft this way I decided to place the aircraft slightly away from the gate trying to simulate arrival or departure.
//Fredrik

vester

Det lyder som et problem med LOD'ene enten på flyene, på gaten eller begge.

Sound like a problem with the LOD's on either the planes, the gate or bort.

tabi

BarbyW
Special Thanks :thumbsup:

The following aircraft holds out and is producing it.

We wish to express our gratitude to a lot of people.

Swesim

Having done a great number of airportlots and reached a dead end when trying to modd them to work the way I intend them to I decided to do something else transportrelated, busstops.

As the existing busstops didn´t quite match my needs I decided to customize a few of the existing ones using existing models.

Here are a few examples of what I´ve done so far:

Residential area busstop based on Shmails old busstops on the STEX.

A more urban version with stonebase meant for commercial areas and can if desired be combined with the sandstone pedmalls and the PEG Foodcourts.
This one will have Shmail´s busstops and PEG´s CDK-M series as dependencies.

Based on the DPMO busstop on the STEX I lotted a busstop for PEG´s OWW2 and CDK-M series.
Dependencies will be DPMO busstop and PEG´s CDK-M and OWW2 series.
This one I´m having some trouble with getting the sims to use, so it will probably be released after the others.
All busstops have the same stats as the models used meaning that the ones using Shmails busstop design will have the stats of those and the one with the DPMO busstop will feature the same stats as that one once I get it to work properly.

Thats all for now folks!

krbe

That looks pretty nice! They were way too large to be used as RT , but looks well on the PEG lot. You wouldn't try making some other for intersections? I use Diagonal Intersection RoadTop SubwayBus Station extensivly, as they're one of the few that don't give me a no-road zot, but they're a bit large too.

Swesim

I suppose I could try something for intersections as well, I have so far come up with these:

This is the unknown busstop I asked about in another thread, I haven´t seen the busstop sign on any other lot, so I would be happy to know where it comes from.
Other than that BSC textures vol. 2 will be a dependancy along with the Maxis dats. (Simcity 1 & 2).

Since I am not very good at modding this large busstop only have the stats of the original Maxis busstation and no jobs.
The dependancies will likely be Simcity 1&2 from Maxis and PEGs SV foodcourts from the STEX.

As for the other busstops I have lotted the following among others:

This one uses Maxis busstation as building and various Maxis and GC props which means GCs mega prop pack will be a dependancy.

This one uses Schmails old Euro busstop as building and some Maxis props, so the only dependancy outside the Simcity dats will be Schmails busstops on the STEX.

Some variations on the same theme, these will however also require BSC´s Texture packs to work properly.

This one will require the Simcity dats, simple busstops from STEX and PEG´s OWW2 lots to work.

The stats of the above busstops are the same as the buildings on them, this means that the ones with Maxis´s Busstops will have the same stats as Maxis busstation, the lots with Schmails busstops will feature the same stats as those while the ones with the simple busstops will provide the same stats as those lots.

FrankU

You made some very nice busstops here.
The stats can be arranged by someone who knows how to do it?

But in all the pictures you can see clearly the problem I have with almost all busstops: they are way too large in comparison with cars, streetwidth and the surrounding buildings.
Could you do something about this? New bats.... a lot of work?

Swesim

Changing the size of the busstops would require new bats.
Since I know nothing of the bat I´m sorry to tell You I won´t do anything about the size...

summer365

I think "Alt. 2: By Aircraft type (all lots for that aircraft = many lots)" should be better.
Hope for your lots :thumbsup:.

Pat

&apls  Looking real good here Swesim!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Swesim

Thank You all for Your encouraging words!

As for the airport lots I have a problem, I suppose I could try to release them as Landmarks (not functional ones) as everytime I try to get them to work as airportlots the game imediately COD when You place them...

The busstops however seem to be working fine as long as You don´t mind the stats.
I just don´t have much time for SC4 due to RL taking a lot of my time, so I don´t know when I will find the time to prepare any lots for upload.

Thanks for Your support though!

BarbyW

Swesim: you should read this forum for the answer to your CTDs with airports:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=240.0
If you post some pictures of your lots the AC Team may accept them for inclusion in the next functional airport set.

Swesim

Thanks for the linkie Barby!
I don´t have the time to do anything about it in any near future though, and I doubt that my lots would be of any interest to the AC Team the way they are at the moment.
Should anyone read this that has the time or energy to do the modding I might be interested to supply the lots though.

Gwail

I'd like to download this cargo lots pack, but I cannot find it in the LEX. Is it still available?
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Swesim

Seeing a need for offset lots to use under powerlines etc I came up with the following in LE:

I was wondering though if it would be ok to release the lot with PEGs stream in it considering the terms of his EULA?

BarbyW

You can release anything providing you do not include models belonging to someone else and reference the original model packs.

Swesim

OK, that´s more or less what I thought, but I was somewhat doubtful after reading Your posts in the CAN-AM project. ;)