• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Soulstealer LOTing your city

Started by soulstealer, March 02, 2008, 08:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulstealer

great work Franku the port looks so sweet  ;D I hope you found the effort worth while. thanks for posting.

FrankU

In the meantime PEG has released his new container seaport with additional lots. It is functional, although there is discussion wether it funtions right. About this aspect I can't say anything useful.

I am reworking the port so I can incorporate them. Pictures will follow, if anyone cares.

Last year I was happy with SOMY's great container docks, but now they look a bit out of scale. I consider them as docks for the smaller river ships that transport my containers into the inland.
And this raises a question: does anyone know about ships that are appropriate for this function; smaller ships with containers on them?

And also an answer: Soulstealer, don't be too humble. Your effort is worthwile and appreciated a lot. You did a fantastic job! &apls &apls

bat

Wonderful new work there on that seaport, soulstealer! Also nice new textures! :thumbsup:

Yoman

@ Franku - working on those smaller ships, powered motor barges are what they use in Rotterdam.

dragonshardz

yes, let's see i have most of the A Coruna Container Terminal as your stuff soulstealer with an area for peg's stuff.

btw, did you know that your lot's seawalls don't line up quite right with jeronij's seawalls?

~~Dragonshardz~~

FrankU

mtg

hey i like the port, but i can't get the containers to plop, am i missing something??

mtg

nevermind got it bsc megaprops-jes vol7

jmdude1

hi soulstealer,
just wanted to say that these are great lots that youve made, very detailed and easy to create a huge port now.  just some constructive criticism for you, instead of using the same person prop for each person, try searching for 'amill4' in the lot editor and you will find about 10 or so different groups of people, small and large. also, jestarr has some nice intermodal truck/trailer props that will match your freight containers such as evergreen, hyundai, etc., just search for 'interm' to find them (he has 2 sections of these, the 2nd section offers what you may be looking for).  just thought i would mention this in case you didnt know about these.
once again, excellent work! im eager to see what else you have planned.

edit: i know you said you were going to be away for awhile, so just in case you missed it, jestarr has also added some nice unloaded intermodal truck/trailer combo props. im sure you can find a use for them.