• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Callbat's attmept at British lots

Started by callbat, May 26, 2008, 08:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callbat

Hi everyone, I was trying to build my city one day when I realised that whilst some of the lots that came with the downloads were good, they simply did not serve my purpose.

So I went ahead and opened the Lot Editor and, well see for yourself $%Grinno$%

These are my first lots so they may be a bit bare or bad, but remember I like to keep things simple  :thumbsup:

Well first is St. Mary's Church, I downloaded the original Lot and it was 3x3, with two of the edges used for parking.
What I needed was a Church like the ones that you find in the City of London that are crammed between modern midrises and the ground cannot be seen from above because it is covered in trees. So using Swi21's fences and C.P. excellent trees, along with the SFBT park textures and some Maxis tombstones I cane up with this:

It's very simple but I was overall satisfied with the look.  ()stsfd()

Moving on..........

These next lots use Gascooker buildings and one of the Prepo diagonals, they were inspired by some street scenes in Victoria, London.

This one is 3x4 and it can be quite tricky to get it into the 2x(X) rows of Gascooker buildings, but I've found if used correctly it can give satisfying results. Such as is seen below:

Notice how the modern Prepo building eases the transition of the Gascooker rows one tile forward as the road makes a slight turn and then straightens out again, this saved me the trouble of finding an aesthetically pleasing way of using Gascooker buildings only.

Moving on....  ;D

This lot is quite simple, two of Prepo's 1930 W2W diagonals sit opposite each other on a 3x5 lot

I don't feel that one needs much explanation so moving on........

Last for tonight are three lots I made using Gascooker's "Islington Mews" prop.

The first lot is pretty insignificant, a 1x1 lot for use around the densest parts of the city centre.
The Second lot is supposed to be another residential block but 2x1 suitable for slightly less denser areas, Townhomes with back gardens or suburban areas.
The third lot is a pub/guesthouse like the many that you'll find in London's famous Belgrave Road area in Westminster, which is famous for its cozy, cheap, family run hotels.

At first view from a frontal angle in this isometric view there is not much difference to be noted, only the pub sign on the outside of the pub (which can barely be seen)

But it is the backs that help me tell the difference:

Some planned projects:
-A TE'd Train Terminus lot based on London Victoria Station using frogface's King's Cross Station and various textures from xannepan's Gare Du Nord.
-More townhome lots to recreate a Belgrave-like area
-and eerm...I'm open for suggestions  ;D

With that, I bid you good night my friends.
Thank you for reading, please do give me your insight and comments as I could use them! ;)

bruno752

Hi! I'm a huge fan of everything that looks London in Sim City 4... And what I truly think is missing on the stex and this website's exchange are underground stations. I know about the Walford tube station, the Russell Square station and the Piccadilly tube entrance but I reckon there should be more... It would be great if there were more stations like Earl's Court, Leicester Square, ... You know, stations that easily fit between a townhouse and a shop, a little bit like the Walford tube station but with more variety.

Looking forward to see some more townhouses though if you are going to make them!

And I really like your Kent journal, also looking forward to see more.

XoX

C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

jacqulina

jayo

Nice work mate =D

I thought about BATing victoria station.Maybe i should.
Anyways-i'm eager to see the it.

And great Lots.
Simple but really pleasent and nice looking.  &apls
I'm back