• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Newly Created Power Plant lot - funding stuck at 0% - no power produced

Started by MoltresRider, February 17, 2023, 12:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoltresRider

I created a BAT and set it to Power but when I plop it in my city, it is NOT producing any electricity whatsoever. I set the production to 3,000,000 and even with just a block on low density residential zones right up against the power plant, it is showing the "no electricity" zots.

Upon further investigation, I am finding that in the budget under utilities, Power is set to 0%. I drag the slider to 100% but still no power. I check the budget again, it is back to 0%! I drag it to 100%, but immediately clicking out of the budget, the game automatically sets it back to 0%

I tried editing the budget monthly cost but the problem persists no matter if I set the monthly cost to $0 or $50,000. The game automatically adjusts the budget to 0% right off the bat.

I do have enough funds for the funding, I used "moolah" to give me 643 billion.

Does anybody know what the problem could be?

mgb204

This sounds to me like a bug that is triggered when you override a lot that has sliders, did you use an existing Power Plant Lot as the basis for your custom one?

Info: Phantom Slider Bug

Note the same issue would be triggered if you continued to alter the modding, having first placed a copy of the Lot into a save file/city.

In these cases, to fix the problem you must remove any overrides or restore the original values. Only when the properties match up, will removing the plant work without causing potential problems.