• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

T-RAM

Started by Chrisim, November 23, 2008, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Quote from: jdenm8 on April 29, 2011, 12:55:26 AM
As far as I know, there are no plans for Tram in AVE-6.

For Tram in AVE-2, use Tram-in-Road. The function (two car lanes separated by two tram lanes) is more likely what you're looking for.
Thank you for your quick response and useful information. I wish you and the entire NAM team all the best and successful work.

Ivo

noahclem

@ Ivo -

I've thought Tram-in-Ave-6 would be really cool for a while, but as jdenm8 said there's nothing going on with it at the moment (to my knowledge). You can use separated MAVE-6 with tram in the middle for that effect now though. Here's how it looks with some intersections that worked and some that didn't:

Now that I look at it closer I bet that ARD-3 intersection would look great if I took out he part that crosses the tram/median and added type-B tuleps to the ARD-3....

Almost got it!

For a long time I've imagined a network like this through a combination of what I've shown with GLR inside MAVE-6 (ideally with some kind of cosmetic median piece for the GLR like fences, flowers, or bushes) combined with a few TuLEPs pieces and I've planned pretty precisely how it could be implemented on paper. Unfortunately it'll be a long time, if ever, before I develop the skills to implement something like that in game, and with Chrisim inactive there's not much impetus for tram development in general on the NAM team at the moment.

ivo_su

Looks pretty good in fact. I think it's pretty good variant for the realization of this idea. Indeed, several pieces of TuLEP's would address all the shortcomings and mistakes and that means a lot less work than expected. thanks for the great offer, You will really come into use.

Moonraker0

I made a North American texture mod for T-RAM (not including avenues); do I need to have permission to release a texture mod like this, or do I just put it up on the STEX?  I PM'd Tarkus about this on the 29th, but I haven't yet received a reply...

(Yellow lines are hard to see towards the top, but they're there.)

z

It would be nice to have such a mod on the LEX.  :thumbsup:    Why don't you submit it there, and then it will be reviewed by the appropriate people?  After it's approved there, you can post it on the STEX as well.

Tarkus

My apologies for not getting back to the PM  :-[--what you've done looks nice and I'd second z.

-Alex

Moonraker0

Nice, thank you both very much!  I'll get on it right away. :thumbsup:

ps2owner

Can we get a tram-on-street with triangle to tram piece. I would find such a piece very helpful in my cities.

Wiimeiser

Would probably happen when the OWS is implemented...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

DamienM23

Not sure if this is where to post this request, but...

I recently found myself wanting to create a rather odd tram in roundabout, odd in that it involves a diagonal road. This is the basic layout, without any tracks:

I want the tram to connect from the northern road and turn around, so there would be only one tram-in-road coming from the roundabout.

My question is, can the outlined tiles in the picture below be made into a 1x2 puzzle piece allowing for a diagonal road connection to a tram-in-roundabout?

Certainly, there would need to be a mirror piece, but it seems fairly simple to me. Is it do-able?

Please direct me to the proper board (if one exists) if I have posted this in the wrong place. Thank you!

DamienM23

Sorry to double-post, but this has been up for over a month with no replies...

strucka

I think we now have this piece in the new NAM 30.

banditp61

Yeah, this forum hardly gets attention :/.

DamienM23

Teah :( But no, they did not add it yet. The only Tram in Roundabout piece added was one to connect an orthagonal tram in avenue. Still nothing diagonal can be connected.  :'(

Tarkus

There were dozens of new T-RAM pieces introduced this release, adding a considerable amount of new functionality this recent release, and I don't think you can really consider that this project "hardly gets any attention"--in fact, it's been one of the fastest-growing NAM components in the past 3 years. 

While Chrisim is often occupied with RL and tends to develop intensely over short spurts (his job keeps him busy and frequently traveling), he also prefers to spend the vast majority of his SC4 time developing and typically doesn't venture much outside our private board.  Most of the other T-RAM folks, many of whom are texture artists, are primarily active at the German-language Simforum.de site, but don't post here very often outside the confines of the private board. 

While this thread may appear to be "inactive" or "dead", it's not really an accurate indicator as to the level of activity of the project.  It's just that our T-RAM group has a different philosophy toward public showcases of development than some other NAM Team projects do (e.g. the RHW).

-Alex

Wiimeiser

I can name three new pieces off the top of my head: A diamond interchange (Which is desperately lacking LHD Paths), a Y-split and an Avenue-Roundabout interface.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

What about the Diagonal Tram In Road functionality?

As for the Tram in Avenue intersection, I'll have to look at the LHD paths and maybe do some up, it depends on how much time I have.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

And what about the rest of the Diagonal Tram In Avenue functionality? It went from a network with no median-crossing intersections to a very flexible network.

I would have thought that there being anything at all would have been a pleasant surprise, considering nothing was ever shown or said to suggest there would even be an update. It certainly was a pleasant surprise for me.

banditp61

So... What are the odds of a FlexFly version of the light rail or the downward slope curve like the RHW MIS ramp piece.

DamienM23

I sincerely hope I haven't sounded rude... I believe I was misunderstood--I mentioned that there was only one new tram in roundabout piece--I am quite happy with the rest of the new pieces! I do apologize for any offense--I assure you it was not intended. After all, I have nothing but the highest respect for the NAM team  ;)