• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The City & County of Honolulu

Started by sumwonyuno, July 31, 2009, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Well, it looks so nice :) Especially, the fact, you "ignored the grid" (in some way), makes it great   :thumbsup:

I think, how would be looks with Street Tree Mod. Maybe you would think about it too?  ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Earth quake

Splendid the update.  :thumbsup:
Your suburbs is really impressive and nice.

And congratulation for your entrance in Best-Sellers !  &apls &apls &apls

danielcote

Nice downtown pics. Very realistic layout.

KoV Liberty

Shouldn't this be in Best Sellers by now?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Nexis4Jersey

Another Great Update  :thumbsup:, are you going to slowy replace the Majority of the Maxis Buildings? ()what()

Battlecat

Nice update, congratulations on making it to the Best Sellers Section!  You really have captured the essence of the cities here in your MD!  Nice batch of photos, I'm really enjoying these updates with matching up your photos with your recreation in game.  Looking forward to the windward side!

rooker1

It gives me great pleasure to move your MD to the "Best Sellers" section.  &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sumwonyuno

First off thanks everyone!!! &blush

It's an honor to get this far, and I couldn't have done it without all of you (and your comments!)  ;D

We start the journey to the windward side of O'ahu (Community) near my house.  First, the westbound Vineyard (Orchard) Blvd. onramp onto the H-1 (P-1) Freeway.

The offramp to the Likelike (Princess) Highway.  Likelike is pronounced phonetically, as lee-keh-lee-keh.

In game, the Freeway in the interchange is elevated because the sunken highway isn't as flexible and it takes up a lot of room compared to real life.

The Kalihi (Kariti) Valley in the game.

Here are pictures of the valley from the Likelike Highway.  It was a voggy day when I took these pictures.

The overpass in this picture is called the Burmeister Overpass because the Burmeister family owns it and land nearby.  According to an article in the local newspaper, you shouldn't go try to go up there...

The John H. Wilson tunnels are a pair of tunnels for the Likelike Highway, one for each direction, town-bound and Kane'ohe(Kane'ote)-bound.

There's a sharp turn at the end of the tunnel:

Next time, we'll see the what's beyond the light...

***Replies***
[Wow, this is the most I've received so far after one update]

Tomas Neto:  Thanks!  You're post wasn't quite there... but it helped  :P   I think I will keep on with the alternating game-RL picture style.

kbieniu7:  Thanks for stopping by and being that special 100th post!!  Heh I forced the city to the game's grid so it's easier to build.  I am looking for a street tree mod, but I need to find one that forms a canopy over the roadway.

Earth quake:  Thanks very much!  There'll be more suburbs as we go.

danielcote:  Thank you, I'm glad you've noticed!

Driftmaster07:  Heh, the moderators aren't as active as us  ::).

Nexis4Jersey:  Thanks for your comment!  I will rebuild Capitalis sometime late next year, and I will get rid of as much Maxis material as I can with custom content.

Battlecat:  I'm really glad that you're enjoying all of this.  I hope I continue bringing up (good) memories of your visit here!

rooker1:  And, a big THANK YOU to you!!!  ;)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

Battlecat

Looking good!  Interesting story about that overpass, I guess the owner takes trespassing very seriously.  It's amazing just how steep and jagged the mountain range dividing the island is! 

danielcote

Congrads on getting into Best sellers!

Earth quake

Congraulation for your entry in Best-sellers section. :thumbsup:
This update is really nice, it's a very nice recreation of this road system.
The picture of John H. Wilson tunnels is really impressive.

Tomas Neto

Wow, my friend!!! Great update again, fantastic!!!  &apls

emgmod

Street View for Oahu is released!!!Now I don't have to bring my barely functioning camera with me all the time!

By the way, great update. I wanted to know what that overpass was for a long time.

KoV Liberty

Very cool!! Love how it is so real!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

sumwonyuno

Before I start, as emgmod said earlier, Google Street View for Hawaii is available!

Getting out of the tunnels is the following view:

The H-3 Freeway-Likelike Interchange:

The Likelike-Kahekili Interchange:

Driving along Kahekili Highway:

Next time, we'll visit Valley of the Temples Memorial Park.

***Replies***

Battlecat:  Heh, I have more pictures of the two mountain ranges of the island.  I don't believe I've made it rugged enough in the game.

danielcote:  Thank you!

Earth quake:  Heh, there will be a couple more tunnel pictures by the time I'm done.

Tomas Neto:  Thanks!

emgmod:  Heh, you've beat me to it.  The Google Street car couldn't get a view from up there; there's a gate on the rest of Kalihi Street... on the path leading to the overpass.

Driftmaster07:  Thanks for noticing!

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

emgmod

The Googlecar also didn't get the military bases. Also, have you seen this road texture mod?

One final thing: Can you update about an hour earlier than usual? I don't like stumbling on the update when I'm about to sleep.

Tomas Neto

Follow your updates is a fantastic trip! I'm really adoring this way of presenting your cities, alternating real pictures with images of your cities! Great work!!!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Yeah, they probably could be more rugged, but the problem is you pass the point where the game still looks good!  It's a shame. 

Anyhow, nice new update, that's a great view as you come out of the tunnel! 

danielcote

Some of you're grass textures look unrealistic. You might want to replace the maxis grass with retextured versions.

Earth quake

Excellent update. &apls
I really the  comparaison of the real and the sc4 picture. :thumbsup: