• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Stop points for passenger trains

Started by Lucky99, April 19, 2023, 12:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky99

Hello.

Passenger trains don't stop at the passenger train stations. This is what I really don't like in SC4. Passenger trains just pass throught the station without any stopping.
When I compare it with Monorail or Elevated rail it is different. Monorail trains and elevated trains stop at every station. Why?
I would like to ask if it is possible to fix it somehow? Is it possible to create new stop points for passenger train stations? Many passenger stations are already transit enabled lots with tracks going throught the station. It would be nice to see for example passenger train stopping at the station and monorail/HSR passing by without stopping, which is more realistic situaton.

Thanks for replies

mgb204

I don't remember all the technical ins and outs of this, but essentially Maxis made the Light Rail system, which is used for El-Rail, Subway and GLR (NAM) networks work one way. Whilst the Heavy Rail networks Rail, Monorail and HSR (NAM) do things differently. This isn't some simple setting that can be changed or edited, rather to do anything about it requires no less than editing the game's code. This has always proved somewhat challenging and frankly the odds of this ever being changed are very low.