• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Request | Twisted Ramps

Started by DarkChaos, July 02, 2009, 05:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkChaos

I would like, if possible, Ramps(ground<->elevated transitions) that are twisted, meaning the take less space, but still look realistic, lets say in stand of a 1x4 ramp, it will be 2x2 and rotating.

Here is a poorly made diagram of what kind of ramp I would like(from above, but remember they are going down/up too):

I hope it is understandable enough, the red line is to show that the network is going under there and not as an intersection.

Thank you,
Dark Chaos ()testing()

Korot

Although the drawings are not as straight as possible, they do just fine. As for taking up less space: they take up the exact same amount of space, 1x4=2x2, thus I see no reason for making them, also, a straight ramp has no corners and thus allows drivers to have a higher speed, which allows for a higher capacity and the speed better matches the speed of the cars already on the highway.

Regards,
Korot

bob56

i dont understand what you mean. Do you mean for highways and roads, or like for parking lots...like this

i think the parking lot one would be neat to have
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

nas-t

i think he mean highway to el highway....

DarkChaos

I mean for the NAM elevated roads/avenues/one way roads and such. I don't mean the interchange ramps.

And yes, it uses the same amount of space, but in a different way(sometimes I don't have space for 1x4, but have for 2x2, and I can't make the ramp sooner since I got another network under the road.)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

You would need more than 2x2 for something like that. It would be sucidal for the sims to drive on something like that because of the great change in slope
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

DarkChaos

It will be the same length of road, but the road with turn in stand of going straight, so the slope stays just about the same. Also, the 2x2 is for a road, not for a highway or avenue, if it was for highway or avenue I could understand your worries.

gn_leugim

Quote from: Korot on July 02, 2009, 09:02:03 AM
As for taking up less space: they take up the exact same amount of space, 1x4=2x2, thus I see no reason for making them,

Actually I have to disagree.. although it has the same area, his dimensions are different. you may not have 4 tiles long to make a ramp, but you can have 2 tiles long available to make it.. is not an matter of more or less space, is more a matter of possibilities.  :thumbsup:

joelyboy911

they would have certain uses, such as when the approach road in on a differing angle to the ramp. But, we are talking about a lot of pieces, all of which need to be pathed, RUL'ed etc, etc. (None of which I know how to do myself btw.)

Its very heavy modding, this transit stuff.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian