• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rise of FairFalcon's Airport District

Started by moeom, February 22, 2012, 08:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moeom

Hey guys, i said i will come back and here i am. :D Hope it wasn't too long though.  &cry2 So my last update was the sad news of me reformatting my laptop without backing my saves and plugins. It was a shame as i had downloaded so many things that will take forever to get again. But I'm on my way there. Still got a few things left to download to get back to the full 'construction' updates i started with.

2nd of all, the design of the airport will change though. The first one took too long to do and to recreate the same would be harder. Simply copying a work might seem simple, but starting from scratch is always simpler and gives you the freedom to grow which ever way your horizon takes you...or 4km in SimCity 4.

So thanks for Dantes and bat for following this thread after i had deserted it for a week or so. :D As well as other who have checked it out again or for the first time since the last update.

For those that followed my short stint too, here's a small update from my company Emirates Airlines. They just received their 21st A380 at start of March. They have also received a 7th Cargo-Specific B-777 and a 2nd B-777 will be arriving at the end of the month, which will be for passengers, and will also be Boeing's 1000th B-777 that they have manufactured. So its a pretty big deal in the airlines industry at the moment. DAMN! So you can just imagine how busy Dubai Airport gets when you got 100+ planes that needs to depart in a space of 3 hours.  :bomb:

UPDATE:
So here are 2 pics of the coming airport that im working on. This is another plan for a good sized airport, dont think it will be bigger then the first one though, but a good size nonetheless. At first, the whole map is land, but im planning to make the airport land into an island connecting to the mainland by a bridge. Dont know where the bridge will connect from and how it will look, but we will see as we build.

The Eastern Landing strip of the Southern Runway. This will be the main runway during regular days. Another parrallell runway is planned that will most be used for Cargo flights, but will also help out on passenger flights when the time arises.

The west side of the same Southern Runway. The western landing/takeoff part of the runway is the closest to the terminal. So one will guess that most takeoffs will take part from that half of the runway.

So i hope you enjoyed this small post. Hopefully i will have more as the airport grows in the near future. Now looking to download construction sites again. Back to more SimCity content searching.

RickD

It is good to see that you continue your MD after your PC crashed. It would be even better if your pictures were a bit larger (if your internet connection allows it). :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)