• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Travis' Natural Growth

Started by travismking, June 19, 2013, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travismking

Ive just started my first natural growth MD, This MD wont focus on being beautiful with lots of sexy custom content, but its a natural growth MD... just the first region shot after 6 hours of tree planting, and just 2 small towns started close to each other. Click for full size I still have to finish rendering the water on the sides, or maybe ill just cut them out

89James89

yay another natural growth MD. Region looks nice and looking forward to seeing the towns!

Cheers

James

travismking

More towns popping up all over the Republic of Auckland, Still not much going on, as i have to get the towns setup and stuff to start the story, but I like the way its going so far, so far I have 5 towns, but only two of them are connected, and non have any paved roads yet, only dirt paths. You can see the two that are connected, the dirt path shows up in region view fairly well

rooker1

Natural Growth, interesting. So any cheats?
Really nice map.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

threestooges

Great map. I know it's Auckland, NZ, and that it's Waiheke Island over in the northeast of the map, but when I first saw it, it kind of looked like the United Kingdom map from the old Railroad Tycoon game. Obscure observations aside, I'm looking forward to seeing how development progresses.
-Matt

Wodong

Looks like it'll be interesting.  That is a Huge Region.  Well, to me, anyway.  The biggest region I've tried so far has been only 8x8 large tiles.  :-[  I had to look at your full sized region map a good three times before I found the towns!  I only found two in the second image.  Like trying to find Waldo when you're not sure where to look.

sc-4

Looking good.
Can't wait for more :D

Call me Ludo

travismking

Thanks everyone for the encouragement !

rooker1: natural growth = no cheats, and all cities are being played on cam 2.0 (midrise) on hard setting

------------

The citizens are already making their first petition to the respective county government's. As 5 small towns that span accros 3 counties all share the same lake, and the only way to get between the town is a very windy and bumpy dirt road (which was recently finished, but the citizens are not satisfied), many citizens are petitioning a ferry system be put in. We will see what happens in the future, the region is growing rapidly and new development is popping up all over the place.

mrbisonm

Wait a minute, that is indeed Auckland and I have played on it, but it's not the same that I played on. It's more "refined" and detailed. Who made this map, or where is it from?
This region looks fabulous.

Nice start, I like the sites you chose to start villages. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

travismking

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 20, 2013, 08:56:01 PM
Wait a minute, that is indeed Auckland and I have played on it, but it's not the same that I played on. It's more "refined" and detailed. Who made this map, or where is it from?
This region looks fabulous.

Nice start, I like the sites you chose to start villages. ;)

Fred

it is the same, just terraformer's "equalize" like 10 times (or god mode soften).  Thanks for the comment :) Hopefully next time I will show a closeup of one of the towns, but they are pretty bland looking right now, thats why im trying to stick to region views atm

travismking

The government of Auckland have decided to start a new government agency. The Auckland Regional Sanitary Commision (ARSC) will be in charge of supplying the citizens of Auckland with public water and trash pickup. They have opened a reservoir in the town of Appleton and have started supplying water to the citizens in the towns of Mount and Fayette, and as such, the government expects this area to develop much quicker than the others. The government has deemed it cost inneffective at the current time to lay pipes all the way to the other towns, but tax hikes are planned in the future to allow for this to happen, so all the citizens of Auckland can enjoy public water, and the entire region can benefit.  At the moment there is still no public trash pickup, but funds are being raised and the ARSC is currently looking for locations that would be suitable for a landfill.

Sorry, still no closeup pictures, Im working on at least making the reservoir look nice and take a picture of that, and also the layout of the two bigger towns (the two with water) I want to take a screenshot of

89James89

Is my internet messed up only I keep seeing the same image posted over and over again?

Cheers

James

Flatron

Great, I love it :)
@89James89: Na, just look closer and you will see that the settlements are spreading out...

Shroud

That's a great looking region! I look forward to seeing where you take things.

Aaron Graham

wonderful, along way to go to fill in up. :D
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

89James89

Ah lol now I can see it. Looks nice with all the slowly developing growth. Very much my style of MD.

Cheers

James

travismking

just a quick shot of the reservoir and a new region pic which probably hasnt changed much. The reservoir has plenty of room to expand, and will probably be shared with AEGCO (Auckland Electric and Gas COmpany) in the future when energy demands require it

edit: Couldnt sleep, so i grew a lot of the two towns with water, and included two shots of the towns, the first two so you guys can see the layout of the towns, the region view above is now out of date

Shroud

Great work so far Travis. It's nice to start seeing some closer screenshots.

travismking

The simizens in the town of mount have been complaining for months about the terrible traffic here:

finally, after a tragic fatal accident killing the mayors beloved pet dog, the first paved road in all of auckland was finally approved and funded by the mayor and traffic is no longer an issue.

Varnado

Quote from: travismking on June 28, 2013, 08:00:28 PM
finally, after a tragic fatal accident killing the mayors beloved pet dog, the first paved road in all of auckland was finally approved and funded by the mayor and traffic is no longer an issue.
No doubt, the first paved road is a worthy milestone for any settlement. And a full-width road with double yellow lines painted on it at that--it just goes to show that this town's planners are going in. But it will be interesting to see how they deal with linking up future traffic improvement projects with this main artery's crooked alignment.

Are you planning to make any more updates on this region? I've been going for natural growth regions myself, so it's always interesting to see how other people pull it off. Can't wait to see what kind of character you're going for when you develop the region and what mods you'll be using.
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.