• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Kwakelaar's courtyard

Started by kwakelaar, February 07, 2007, 04:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

This will be my showcase here at SimCity4 Devotion.

kwakelaar

I am working on some older European buildings for medium wealth CS. The idea was to make something that would look romanesque in style but these turned out to be of a later date and style.
Still some work to be done on these, and I am planning to make 4 more buildings to the set.

jeronij

Nice to see you starting your own thread here  :thumbsup:
If there is something I can do to help you, just let me know  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Glenni

hm,are those wooden? ???

Anyhoo,great work kwak!

kjempefint arbeid! ;D

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

DuskTrooper

Looks great, from what I can see!  Care to post some bigger pics?  ;)
EDIT: pics fixed.  Looks great!
SC4, forevermore!

kwakelaar

Ah, yes sorry about the small pictures, something happend when I put them through photoshop and onto imageshack.
When I started out I could actually see what was in the pictures.

Glenni, no these are not wooden houses. Og takk for komplimentet

Cali and Jeronij thanks for your comments and if I need some help I will let you know.

Glenni

Haha, ok  because from that small pic they sorta looked like those old wooden houses  at Bryggen in Bergen, guess i was wrong,lol :P

bat

metasmurf

Looks really nice. Cant wait for the bigger pictures.

CabraBuitre

Nice to see you "back at it!"  Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!!

Check out Abelfarei!

Schulmanator

Nice! I could use something like that in Schulmania!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sebes

Man, that is some amazing quality again...  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Fledder200

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

callagrafx

I love these, especially the way the roofs go "against the grain"...gives them character and adds depth to the game.  The only thing that I would change is the texture nightlighting in favour of actual lighting, but that's my personal preference...I spend far too long nightlighting my BATs  :(
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

BarbyW

These are super, kwakelaar. Look forward to seeing them in game
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Serkanner

I agree with the previous posters ... great work Kwakelaar ...  :thumbsup:

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Gaston

Very nice stuff Kwakelaar.    Looking forward to seeing the rest of the buildings in the set.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

kwakelaar

People, I am quite amazed by all your responses, I am not used to getting this much attention &blush

Glenni, Bryggen is not such a strange association, I have been thinking if I should try some of the buildings there.
Bat and Metasmurf thanks, and the pictures have been updated.
Cabrabuitre, very nice to see you here too.
Schulmanator and Fledder200 thanks for your comments
Sebes you are too kind and I am glad you have found your way to SC4D

Callagrafx, I prefer to use the nightwindows for most of my buildings when there is not much to see on the inside. The shopwindows on the groundfloor are however transparent and you should be able to see the different goods for sale. I don't care much for the nightlights and if it was just for me all my bats would be dark at night. I never use nightview in the game thus I will try to keep it as simple as possible. Though some of the most spectacular images of buildings (those from other batters that is) comes from the nightview, so I can understand that you spend a lot of time on making them.
Indeed there are not many of these kind of w2w buildings in the game yet.

Barby, Serkanner and Cali thanks for commenting
Gaston, thanks for stopping by and I am working on a corner building now.