• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalanc69

Don't toy with our heads too much David, you can never be too sure what you might create! Excellent work as always my friend!

Orange_o_

:o

Oh my god, it is really very very impressive what you made there.

Even in French I do not find the words to describe all your work...  &apls

...and I like your texture rock  ;D

EDIT:  You mean your texture rock, my friend.  AubracRock is, imho, the best rock texture ever [linkie]. -DE

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

deathtopumpkins

Awesome David!  &apls If I wasn't already sold on your pieces, this dfinitely would have convinced me. :thumbsup:
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

dedgren

Working on a couple of signs this morning.

Matt (threestooges) has sent me along a bunch of new diagonal road signs to run through the PlopperizerTM.  We'll be having a look at those shortly.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Battlecat

Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to upload any pictures, but I played a bunch with testing the STR last night.  It looks fantastic!  Looking forward to seeing more of this excellent work! 

LE0

Leoland coming Spring 2009

sithlrd98

I'm loving the new signs! I have to agree with you on the insanity thing. My kids are only 3 and 6 but I swear I think that I'm loosing my mind because I find myself  apparently talking to myself daily! Oh , and your "doodles" make my game very jealous , it keeps saying , Why can't you pay as much attention to me as ...wait that's my wife again  :) 

FrankU, sorry bout that. I didn't fully read the complete post over at Pegs.

Jayson

bat

These two newer signs are great! Wonderful work on them!

BTW, my 6750th post...

girlfromverona

David, your attention to detail is just phenomenal! Those signs look great.  ;D

sithlrd98

Since I don't want to hijack your thread , and because it pertains to the rails , I am hoping to get some input over here

I hope you don't mind David

Jayson

CCFC

I have been wanting to get my hands on the STR for a long time and have been lurking here, but now that I have it I have found 2 issues with it. :-\ One issue is going around the STR "S" Curve I get stuck in the UDI mode, do you think you can duplicate this? The second problem is by dragging my rails and stuff a certain way with a dual rail it turn to be a half STR and half dual rail crossing with only one gate and not 2. ()what() Picture attached below.

( Excuse my website being advertised on the side, it's there to keep people from stealing images that I may post up on any site like SC4D or Simtropolis.  ;) )

I love all the stuff you have released here for the past few months since I've been needing some of the stuff, and I'm thankful. :thumbsup: But I have a little problem with one of the puzzle pieces of the STR. You know how there is a STR to dual-rail transition piece? It takes up 8 tiles, but can you make a 4 tile version? I need it for a certain section of my city but there is not a lot of room. Mind looking into this? ()what()

:3 Proud to be a 3RR Regular and SimCity 4 Fanatic :3

Ryan B.

Folks, Three Rivers Region has become one of my favorite hangout spots.  I come here when I'm happy, and likewise when I'm sad.

Tonight's a sad night, and I'm really glad I have 3RR.

Continental Airlines flight 3407, a commuter flight from Newark to Buffalo, crashed on final approach into a house in Clarence Center, about 10 miles from the runway.  49 people are dead (44 passengers, 4 crew members, and 1 person on the ground). 

It's all over the major news networks . . . CNN, FOX News, MSNBC . . . the AP will probably have something about it in your morning newspaper.

All of this is a 40-minute drive from where I live.

:'(  I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight . . . and this is why I'm glad I have 3RR to look through.

If anyone wants to talk, I'll be up.  My contact info is in my profile.

Thanks for listening, guys.  I'm visibly (and internally) shaken.

Pat

first let me say Ryan I so understand what you are going threw with something major happening so close to home!!! Back in October of 07 when the Crandon Police Officer went on a shooting rampage it was hard fact to swallow that only 15 miles from that happend...  Drop me a pm if you want to chat..

David the progress has been fantastic what you are doing here sir!!! WOW!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

carkid1998

for some reason in UDI my train gets stuck when transferring to str from the standard rail
Sendona... Coming soon!

Jonathan

CCFC,

I tryed to replicate your bug, but couldn't. Could you say how you made that section. Did you drag dual rail and then connect it to a starter piece or did you plop a starter piece and then drag STR from it? And if you click on the tile that should be STR x Road once with the rail tool does it change to STR?

Also can someone post a picture of the UDI problem on puzzle pieces while Drawpaths is enabled?

Jonathan

CCFC

Quote from: Warrior on February 13, 2009, 09:51:34 AM
CCFC,

I tryed to replicate your bug, but couldn't. Could you say how you made that section. Did you drag dual rail and then connect it to a starter piece or did you plop a starter piece and then drag STR from it? And if you click on the tile that should be STR x Road once with the rail tool does it change to STR?

Also can someone post a picture of the UDI problem on puzzle pieces while Drawpaths is enabled?

Jonathan
I forget what happened, but I am going to test again tonight and get a drawpaths enabled picture, while posting exact pictures to duplicate my picture I posted above. Oh BTW, is it possible to make a crossing where the STR changes into a dual rail? That seems cool, and it wouldn't be a bug then.

Jonathan

You mean so a road crossing on a conversion to Dual Rail? That seems highly unrealistic to me, but I'd say it is impossible, though I think I may have a way of a short transition between Rail and STR without puzzle pieces.

Jonathan

CCFC

Quote from: Warrior on February 13, 2009, 11:50:12 AM
You mean so a road crossing on a conversion to Dual Rail? That seems highly unrealistic to me, but I'd say it is impossible, though I think I may have a way of a short transition between Rail and STR without puzzle pieces.

Jonathan
I brought the idea up due to the fact the bug popped up, and how can you do a short transition of rail to STR without puzzle pieces? Just wondering.

LE0

I dont think you can because then the rail would turn into STR.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

metarvo

That's exactly right, LE0.  Maxis rail and STR are technically the same network, as STR is based on the Rail network.  This is different than, for example, the draggable MIS-OWR transition in the new RHW, because MIS/RHW and OWR are two different networks. 

In other news, I'm issuing a "No David for Two Days" alert, since David has not posted in 3RR for over two days.  Of course, we all know what this means.  Either RL is involved, or David is busy getting something special ready for us right now, even as we speak.  Personally, I'm hoping for the latter.  ;).  Mmmm, even the very possibility is mouth-watering...  ()stsfd()
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.