• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonraker0

I am having the same problem as Rady (wanting to pass diagonal ERHW-4 over diagonal RHW-4) but, even though it was said that the correct puzzle pieces are in a different tab set, I can't find them.  I have used the puzzle pieces "diagonal ERHW-4 over diagonal RHW-4" 1 and 2, but unlike the other diagonal overpasses, there are no pieces for 3 and 4, which are what I need.  They've got to be there somewhere (Blue Lightning made a stack interchange with them in "Show us your interchanges"), but I have continuously pressed tab and then cycled through every puzzle piece in that tab set to no avail.  I can't use those two puzzle pieces all the way because the white and yellow lines won't line up for either the ground RHW-4 or the elevated RHW-4.

Blue Lightning

You need to keep rotating the piece, 3 and 4 are stacked in the rotation ring with 1 and 2.

If its still not there, try flipping which one is elevated and which one is ground.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Moonraker0

Well, for some reason they simply aren't in the rotation ring...but I did reverse which directions are elevated, and still could not complete the overpass.  I had an image before, but I had to leave so I couldn't upload it.  Here is the image, and the second image is when I reversed which ramps were elevated.  The diagonal overpass pieces shown are the only ones I have in my game.

I'm going to reinstall the RHW to see if it will add the missing puzzle pieces.  Edit:  Nope, I still have no 3 and 4 overpass pieces after uninstalling and reinstalling the RHW.

el_cozu

Rady

I have to support what moonraker0 already stated. When trying to build a diagonal El-RHW -4over a diagonal RHW-4 that is seperated by only "half" a tile, there are some important pieces missing. By "half" of a tile I mean what has been shown in my pic in the post from June, 23rd. I will try to upload some pics of what I'm missing tomorrow evening ....
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

Blue Lightning

Try this. Clear out the area and plop only the pieces down. Then draw the RHW to abut next to it. Then use the filler pieces to bridge the gaps.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

There are indeed only 2 of the diag-over-diags.  There were no indications during testing that more needed to be made, so none were made.  I rechecked after someone (I believe it may have been you, Rady) reported that there may need to be a couple more for certain situations, and it seemed that was the case from my own examination.  As such, I am going to put those additional 2 on the "to-do" list.  I don't know yet which version they'll be incorporated, though--but I'd say 4.1.0 at the latest.

-Alex

Moonraker0

Quote from: el_cozu on June 24, 2010, 03:03:30 PM
do i see an attemp of a stack?
Yep, and if you want to see a completed one, it's right here.
Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 24, 2010, 04:29:20 PM
Try this. Clear out the area and plop only the pieces down. Then draw the RHW to abut next to it. Then use the filler pieces to bridge the gaps.
I'm not sure what you mean...wouldn't that just have diagonal ERHW over blank terrain, not over RHW-4?  Is this how you made your stack interchange in the post that I just linked to?  I see that yours, like what I'm attempting, does have yellow lines on the outsides of the parallel segments of both RHW and ERHW.
Quote from: Tarkus on June 24, 2010, 04:51:09 PM
There are indeed only 2 of the diag-over-diags.  There were no indications during testing that more needed to be made, so none were made.  I rechecked after someone (I believe it may have been you, Rady) reported that there may need to be a couple more for certain situations, and it seemed that was the case from my own examination.  As such, I am going to put those additional 2 on the "to-do" list.  I don't know yet which version they'll be incorporated, though--but I'd say 4.1.0 at the latest.

-Alex

That's good to hear; I'm glad the problem will be fixed.

Rady

Quote from: Tarkus on June 24, 2010, 04:51:09 PM
As such, I am going to put those additional 2 on the "to-do" list.  I don't know yet which version they'll be incorporated, though--but I'd say 4.1.0 at the latest.

-Alex

Thanks! That will be fine!
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

DJSun1981

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think, such a part, will be useful on the right side

Blue Lightning

Yeah, I built my stack by placing the pieces first then drawing the RHW, then I combined the two with the filler pieces. The placement engine is somewhat picky with those sort of pieces for some reason.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Twinsfan14

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but is it able to transit enable RHW lots? Like in SC4Tool? I couldn't find the RHW piecie in SC4Tool. If not in SC4Tool, in another program?

Blue Lightning

You have to TE it as road (like normal) in SC4TOOL, then change the network type in Reader, and add custom paths if needed.

I can give a hand in this if you need it/unsure of how to do it.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Twinsfan14

Quote from: Blue Lightning on June 25, 2010, 10:34:22 AM
You have to TE it as road (like normal) in SC4TOOL, then change the network type in Reader, and add custom paths if needed.

I can give a hand in this if you need it/unsure of how to do it.
Please do help. I have enabled it as road networks but what do I do to change it.

Highrise99

Is there more than one FlexFly piece, found in the curves menu?  If so, where can I find them?  I know how to use EMIS, but are there such pieces, such as curving MIS to EMIS transitions, etc?

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on June 25, 2010, 02:24:42 PM
Is there more than one FlexFly piece, found in the curves menu?  If so, where can I find them?  I know how to use EMIS, but are there such pieces, such as curving MIS to EMIS transitions, etc?

No, there's just the one FLEXFly piece right now.  swamp_ig did make a curving MIS-to-EMIS transition, though, which will be in Version 4.1.0.

-Alex

CityMaster563

Is it possible to create RHW 10 curves in any way?
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

blade2k5

Oops.  Found the correct thread to post my RHW issues :P

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

teddyrised

Hi there,

I've read through some of the tutorials on making interchanges with RHW, and I tried my hands on creating a diamond interchange. The problem is that when I drag the MIS over the road, the intersection texture wasn't right - I failed to get what was shown in the tutorial and ended up with this instead:

Thanks a lot for the help!