• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D Lex ... Support Questions V01

Started by Colyn, January 14, 2007, 09:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

It is available right now actually, if you are using a recent version (IE9 or better) web browser. To get access to it, you will need to go to

- Log out of your current LEX session
- Go to http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex
- Clear your cache
- Reload the page (alternatively, on some browsers press Ctrl+F5 to reload the page and clear the cache automatically)
- "Download later" should show up next to search results, etc.

It might look like a lot of work to get that feature working, but we're currently moving to a new (better) login system, which is why newer features require that you perform a clean re-log in to get them to work once.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

c.p.

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make changes on something I previously uploaded.  Is there a way for me to get back into the upload.  I'm only seeing a download button, not "Modify" or anything like that.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

c.p.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything like that anywhere.  &mmm

Girafe

If you don't see it, try to change of browser, remove your cache and try again.

If anything works, contact Casper

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

c.p.

Thanks Antoine.  After looking at your screenshot I realized it must be a browser compatibility issue.  So with great trepidation (and wailing and gnashing of teeth) I entered the scary world of New Browser Software (i.e. firefox), with the result that it's working now.   :)  This also solved the graphics issues I was having with pictures stretching on the main LEX page, etc.

Yild

I have found two issues while uploading to lex...

1. "Dependencies for this lot. For more information about the required format, see this thread" - 'this thread' link points to http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?action=forum

2. I've made an error while uploading file - selected png images instead of jpg, I get an error with link 'try again' (or similar ;) ) so I hit this, reedited upload info but... upload button was gray - so I had to create upload info from scratch.
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

Yild

Currently to view lex item details we have to click 'More info & download' button (on http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_lotlist.php?orderBY=recent), please add same function to item image and title, now you have to click on this 'small' button rather than bigger image :)
DAMN Manager download: at LEX at STEX
DAMN Manager support thread: at SC4Dev

CasperVg

Your wish has been granted, Yild. Albeit a bit late. Clicking on the preview image in search results will now also open up the lot details page.
You may have to clear your browser cache before it works.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

joshua43214

I am not getting the "Download Later" button.
I was getting it for a while, then it stopped showing up.

I have tried clearing my browser (everything, not just cache).
Having the same problem in both IE 11 (desktop), and Chrome.
Win 8.1

Any ideas?

TIA

diego6677

I have a question and i'm not sure if this thread is right place as it's concerning a wrong dependency for one of those buildings on LEX.

Please move this to correct thread for me if this post is not in this thread rightfully - thanks.

I tried to download a building of Cromwell Estate on LEx (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=282) and I downloaded all dependencies listed in this page but unfortunately, one of dependencies was incorrect (wrong file/reference).  Several people have got same problem recently. 

Thanks to TheTeaCat, it was due to a wrong dependency listed in readme file/LEX page.

Wrong file/reference was CSX MEGA Props - Vol03.

Corrected file/reference was CSX MEGA Props - Vol05 (v1.0).

I can't find any link or button on that LEX page to report that the file was broken or something like that hence I post this in this thread instead, and maybe someone with power/admin can correct this LEX page for the people's convenience.

Thank you for making the correction.  And happy holidays/happy new year to you.

Diego

Nadlug

Sorry if this has been asked answered before (didn't have much luck searching the site so far)

Isn't the file exchange supposed to track my downloads? It has a few old versions of NAM in my downloads history but the past few days I've been installing CAM and all of its dependency's on top of each other because it wont track which things I already downloaded and instead of downloading what I don't have it grabs the full dependency list for each grow-able type.

I really hope there is just something I'm doing wrong because this really makes installing anything new an absolute chore having to go through 20 + dependency's that I probably already have installed.

APSMS

Quote from: Nadlug on October 10, 2015, 11:28:36 PM
Isn't the file exchange supposed to track my downloads? It has a few old versions of NAM in my downloads history but the past few days I've been installing CAM and all of its dependency's on top of each other because it wont track which things I already downloaded and instead of downloading what I don't have it grabs the full dependency list for each grow-able type.
First problem: the CAM has no dependencies. See this article by Tarkus.

Second, provided you haven't moved the files from when you first installed them, reinstalling them should not be much of an issue in terms of game performance (though it may be a bit of a pain to run through). The new install will overwrite the originals, but no duplicates mean that the game won't slow down and ultimately you won't be taking up any more space on your Hard Drive either.

I actually keep a copy of every Plugin Zip file I download, so that if I download it twice, Windows tells me (because I don't change the filename from what the creator named it).

As for the LEX not tracking your download history, I am at a loss. Maybe we can invoke Casper to appear and work his magic in figuring out the issue.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Nadlug

Quote from: APSMS on October 10, 2015, 11:45:26 PM
Quote from: Nadlug on October 10, 2015, 11:28:36 PM
First problem: the CAM has no dependencies. See this article by Tarkus.

Second, provided you haven't moved the files from when you first installed them, reinstalling them should not be much of an issue in terms of game performance (though it may be a bit of a pain to run through). The new install will overwrite the originals, but no duplicates mean that the game won't slow down and ultimately you won't be taking up any more space on your Hard Drive either.

I actually keep a copy of every Plugin Zip file I download, so that if I download it twice, Windows tells me (because I don't change the filename from what the creator named it).

As for the LEX not tracking your download history, I am at a loss. Maybe we can invoke Casper to appear and work his magic in figuring out the issue.

Specifically I'm referring to the CAMLots which gives CAM itself some volume and variety and do require a lot of dependency's. Im not worried about duplicate files as you said it will just overwrite anything it encounters. It is just tedious as hell. If LEX tracked which dependency's i already grabbed it wouldn't be nearly as big as a headache if at all.

Would be wonderful if you could get someone to look into it for me.

For the sake of it Win 10 64 bit Google Chrome cookies shoudl be allowed but i am running addblock plus.

Nadlug

Sorry for double posting but I'm still having this Download tracking issue.

Tarkus

The issue is probably going to take some time to sort out, unfortunately.  We will provide an update on the situation once we know more and/or possibly find a solution.

-Alex

Nadlug

No worries, no hurries. If there's anything you guys would like me to try on my end let me know.

Swordmaster

I've discovered Jondor isn't listed in the author/creator list.

Cheers
Willy

Swordmaster

Ok, thanks for fixing that Casper. Now I have to continue being a pain in the ... but reddonquixote isn't in the list either.

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse