• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Interim solutions: Avenue/RHW intersections?

Started by Crissa, September 11, 2007, 09:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

Hey!  I'm asking here, since most of the active responses I've gotten are here, even though Simtropolis has the most relevent stuff on boards...

...What are some solutions, how-to, perhaps, for making intersections with RHW?  I don't want to trigger avenue stoplights because I'm in a rural setting...

So, so far I've figured out how to use four tiles long of avenue to make an off or on branch; and this could easily be used to merge down an RHW8+ to an RHW4... But for some reason I can't get it down to 2 tiles like I've seen in some examples.  I'd like to learn how to make it as small an interruption as possible.

I'm using the RHW2 addon, I rather like it; I wish there was a way to force more avenue turns into single lane road to make it look better ^-^

Does anyone have some use techniques I might learn from, please?

-Crissa

M4346

I recommend using Shadow Assassin's RHW texture replacement mod instead of the normal ones. The transition between RHW, avenue and road is much smoother and much more 'realistic'. :)

You can find it here -> click!

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Crissa

Man, those look like textures I'd like to get ahold of...

...To edit ^-^

Yeah, they're nice, but I /like/ the colored lines.  Also, they help me figure out when I've futzed up the road...

-Crissa

DFire870

SA's textures are nice, but are really aren't for American settings. rickmastfan has some new American-style RHW textures that are great.

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but what I do when I want to use an intersection between RHW and an avenue/road is I make a bridge over the RHW with the avenue (there are puzzle pieces that allow this), then on both sides of the overpass I transition each side to OWR for 3 tiles, then draw OWRs from the RHW to the avenue. This is the best way so far to do a highway-like interchange, until the MIS is released.

Hope this helps!

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Crissa on September 12, 2007, 02:54:56 AM

...To edit ^-^

Yeah, they're nice, but I /like/ the colored lines.  Also, they help me figure out when I've futzed up the road...

-Crissa

Well, I did produce an update to the default textures for the RHW-4 that is "American/Canadian" style.
You can download that here. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

M4346

Quote from: Crissa on September 12, 2007, 02:54:56 AM

...To edit ^-^

Well, just click the linkie!  :thumbsup:

QuoteAlso, they help me figure out when I've futzed up the road...

You can still see that as the textures do look a bit different, most notably, the sidewalks.  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine