• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Valley of the Gods

Started by MsD, April 14, 2007, 10:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

Yes! More, more, more! :P

Welcome to page 2!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

MsD

Welcome my friends.  Thank you to all who have posted.

My heart felt apologies to all who have been waiting for an update.  I currently have quite a bit going on in real life at the moment and I haven't had much time for playing the game.

I, also, was wanting to create some plopable gravel and brick roads for the start of my first city.  However, I found that I am unable to make a lot that is transit enabled and plop them next to each other.  I know that there are some lots out there that look good and the creators did an outstanding job on them but they are not transit enabled.  This is what I was wanting.  Trolca has created some dirt and brick street textures which look awesome yet the draw back to using these (as you will see) is that you get a strange mix of dirt, brick and concrete roads.  Not to pleased with this, so I even tried to create something that would complement these textures.  Again, I was unable to do so.

With all of this lot creating and testing I was doing, dummy me failed to make a backup copy of my region or make a new region for testing purposes.  What an idiot I am.  DUH!!!!!!!!!!!   I won't do that again.

So, needles to say, the nice looking region I had started with ended up looking like junk and I never could get it back to its former beauty.  Therefore, I created a new region.  It looks somewhat similar to the original yet different.  A little larger for sure.

The story line is the same as when I started, though I will have to come up with some more gods.  LOL.

Here is the new Region.

On to the Story.

Azna, the first born, being filled with joy, immediately began to cultivate the land and bringing forth children to help her care for the earth.  Teaching her children well, Azna showed them how to create roads and lay out areas for homes.

Her children learned quickly and began to grow food and build homes and business.  (As you can see, I am using Trolca's Dirt and Brick street MOD.  Located on the STEX.  It is the best thing I can come up with for the country look I am wanting.)

Being loving children, they want the best for their mother, Azna, so they built her a home where she can govern and oversee all they do.
(This is just the in game Mayor's house, however, though hard to see because of the trees, the ground textures are from the retaining wall pack that I uploaded to the STEX a while back.  I have since locked that file due to some problems with the texture ID's.  I believe I have them worked out but I am still testing.)
(The pine trees that are behind the Mayors house are PEG's Mayor mode Pine Trees.  You can get them here.)

Here is a better view of the grass lot I mentioned above.

It is a 1x1 lot that forms to the terrain and it adds $25 a month in income to your budget as a business deal.

You can plainly see what I was talking about above concerning Trolca's street MOD.  I have brick going to dirt and back to brick with some concrete thrown in for good measure.  I love the texturing of the streets, but getting them where I want them is something I am yet to figure out.

I this picture, I am using the Extra cheats .dll file which was talked about in a thread on ST.  I found the link for it towards the bottom of page 8.  I allows me to have snow in the mountains without setting my system date to 12/25.

That's all for now.  Not much.  Very simple start.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

tooheys

There's nothing worse than losing all that hard work :'(

But you've recovered  :) and I will be interested to see how the region develops.

Nice start with the rural town. Look forward to the next update.

rooker1

Very unique start, I love it.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Glad to see you're back, MsD! Your farms look great, as do the cliffs in your last picture, and I love those retaining walls that you've made! I'll be looking forward to seeing more, my friend!

bat

Great to see that you are back! Wonderful update, MsD! Great farms and that last picture in that update is looking beautiful! :thumbsup:

MsD

Replies:

tooheys:  Yes, it was a big pain in the backside.  I am just thankful that I had not done that much with my MD at this point.  LOL

rooker1 Thank you so much.  I am glad you came to visit.  I hope I will be able to keep it up.

thundercrack83: Thank you.  It is great to be back doing what I enjoy doing.  I just hope that R/L does not interrupt me again.  I have some other lots that I have created and will be using in the future so stay tuned.  I hope you enjoy them.

bat:  Thank you.  If you like my farms make sure you look at the new one that is in this update.  I can't take the credit for it.  Another member created the farm, and yes they get all the credit.  LOL

The Update:

Welcome my friends.  During this past week I have spent quite a bit of time on line searching for different types of lots that I can use in my CJ.  There are so many great things out there that it was difficult to choose what I wanted to use.  I hope everyone will be pleased with the choices I have made.  I will do my best to put in a link to all files that I am using with one exception, that being anything that I have created myself.

Region – Valley of the Gods

R                C                  I

Garden of the Gods
    8,736        2,510         4,021

As Azna continues to nurture and teach her children she convinces them to cross the river as they expand and grow her city.  Go forth and be abundant.

In the picture you see the first bridge developed for crossing the river.  The tiles on both sides of the road are, again, from my retaining wall pack.  I personally believe they give some nice color to the area as well as providing a way of preventing erosion.  They provide a small park effect as well as help with cleaning the air and water.  (Note:  This anti-pollution effect is not that radical.  It has a radious of about 3 tiles.)  It also gives me $25 a month in income per tile, so with what I have used I now have $400 a month in income as a business deal.

Same area just a different angle as well as a night shot.

The ability to be abundant is based, in part, in the ability to relax.  Let us now create an area of peace and relaxation.
In response to the words of their mother, Azna, the sims set forth and created a river front park.

In this picture I am using PEG's RKT3 sea walls.  They are located here or on the STEX search for pegasus.
I decided to use the Lot package because it came the closest in color to the retaining wall that I am using next to my bridge.

Same area, just a night view.

In response to her children following her commands, Azna, sent out her love in the form of life from the earth.  This life is known as trees.  Some bearing fruit and all producing the life giving air that all sims breath.

Again, crossing the river.  In the next two pictures I am again using my retaining wall pack around the road embankment leading up to the bridge.  This gives the same effects as the one above.
I would like to draw your attention to the trees surrounding the area.  I am using a verity of trees here.  I am using PEG's Seasonal tree pack, I am also using Dusk Troopers tree pack, and Jeronij's tree pack and Cycledog's Tree MOD.  All are located on the LEX.

The Farming continues to improve and grow.  I have down loaded the farm packs for SimGoober, the BSC and the BLS as well as Jackie's farm from Callagrafx.  These are located here.  SimGoobers farms are on the STEX.  This particular farm is Grimes Dairy Farm by Jestarr also located on the LEX.

A wider view of the developed area.

Same shot just at night.

In the next two pictures I am using JBSimio's small town USA lots located on the LEX.

Another wider view.  This one is showing my air pollution.  As you can see it is minimal, this is due to the trees that I have planted as well as my use of  my retaining walls.  Since my retaining wall are slope conforming they can also be used as small plaza parks.

This wide shot is showing my water pollution problem areas.  I have never understood why the farms have such a high water pollution effect.  So I am using two of the in game water treatment plants.

Stay tuned!  Up next, the railroad comes to town.  And quite possibly the coming of another god.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

Pat

MsD sorry i havent been around lately but wow awome last few updates here and i looking for more- pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Firstly, in answer to your question regarding farm pollution, haven't you seen how much a cow s***s. :D.

Sorry, MSD, sometimes I just can't resist, well actually that's most of the time. That's not a bad population level for what looks like a small rural town.

Like the pics, and you've maintained that rural feel throughout the area :).

One suggestion if I may, perhaps consider a slope mode to avoid those jumps off the end of the bridges (jeez, I'm starting to sound like Nardo69, I hope he's not reading this, I'll never live it down ;D).

Good work and waiting for the next update.

Cheers.

bat

Another great update! Fantastic pictures, too! :thumbsup: And I like the picture of that farm! ;)

pipishere

Cool MD! I really like the famrs you've done...rolling up and down the little hills...very nice.

Emperor Stormont

Loved the previous updates, the terraforming still amazes me, the snow covered mountains looked fantastic.

Really great work and look forward to seeing you develop this further.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

RichGray

very nice terraforming, just found this, looks good!

that said, i always find maxis farms slightly unappealing  $%Grinno$%
Just Because im incomplete, doesn't mean i'm obsolete.
BAT Thread coming soon, possible MD even!

Jmouse

Very interesting beginnings (both of them). I'd like to join the crowd that's already gathered to see what develops, but be forewarned, I ask a lot of questions. (If you don't believe me, just ask Tooheys!)
Anyway, good luck with your new region.

Until next time...
Joan

flame1396

You've got my attention

EDIT: didnt see the update :P Nice work... Though not as spectacular as the first post :P
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.