• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Valley of the Gods

Started by MsD, April 14, 2007, 10:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsD

This is my first attempt at creating a CJ, please enjoy and leave feedback.

Plugins that I use –

I Have and use all pf the updates for the game which can be found at SimCity

NetworkAddon MOD (NAM)
Bridge Height MOD
Opera House Fix
Functional Landmarks Complete Set
Stupid News Ticker
Data Views: Increased Detail MOD
Underground Depth MOD
Industry Quadrupler
Additional God Mode Terrain Tools
Extra terrain tools 2 (I don't know where I got this If someone knows where it can be found please post it.)
Tunnel Slope MOD
Tunnel Slope MOD Highways

I also use just about all of PEG's creations.  I will list each one I use as I use it.  You can find all of PEG's lots  here

Any other lots or plugins that I use will be listed as I use them.

On to the Story

At the beginning of time there was nothing, nothing but darkness.  No land and no seas. This darkness was without form or void.

A great voice shot through this darkness proclaiming "I am the I am.  I am him and he is she.  We are the alpha and omega."  This was the voice of our creator.  And the soul of our creator was upon this vast darkness.

Our Creator's voice thundered "Let us now create light", and with that light broke through the darkness and formed into the stars, sun and moon.

The Creator's voice thundered again "Let us now create a spring of life giving substance, and we shall call this substance "Water" " and water immediately sprang forth from among the light.

(In this Pic I am using PEG's Hawaiian Holiday Water MOD – I am also using the above space pic which I modified to use as my background pic for my cities.  I learned about doing this in the Omnibus Section)

Again, the voice of our Creator spoke "Now let us create land that we may walk upon it" as these words were spoken, fire spilled forth from the midst of the water and started to form land.

(In this pic I am using PEG's Rock MOD II-MossyGranite)

For the Terraforming I am using SC4 Terraformer  This is an extremely great tool!  One of the best ever made.  Thanks to wouanagaine and his team for creating this wounderful product.

Here are the pics.

After using the Terraformer, this is what it looks like in the game.

The great voice of our creator continued to speak "Let the land bring forth life" trees and grass then sprouted forth from the earth.  "And let the Earth put forth living creatures to roam upon the Earth."

After doing some final touching up on the terraforming and seeding the trees this is what my region looks like.

Seeing all that they had created together they were joyful.  "Let us now be fruitful and bring forth children, and we shall call these children "Mayors" and unto them we shall give dominion over the land and the seas and they shall bring forth children which shall be called "Sims", to be helpmates to our Mayors and to help them care for the land and the seas."

Hence, they came together and begat -

Azna - goddess of earth
Cogln - god of food
Megalla - god of light
Fantasia - goddess of love
Sabu - god of power
Azul - god of war
Nafar - goddess of peace
Ryna - goddess of water
Isis - goddess of wealth
Jafar - god of health
Istar - god of safety
Nabru – goddess of fire
Ruto – goddess of wine
Bail – god of the underworld
Enya – goddess of music
Rantool – god of fuel
Oswego – god of knowledge
Mazar – god of death

So far that is it.  I hope to post the start of my first city tomarrow.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

Pat

MsD sweeeeeet i loved that and very differnt start here to a Mayors Diary.
That terraforming of that map you made is just awsome wow great work and
i will be looking for your next update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pickled_pig

Yes, I agree, this is a very unique start to a MD - sort of a hybrid between classical polytheistic mythology and Christian creationism.

For the most part, nice terraforming, though the laws of physics tell me that middle river in both region pics would probably not exist, unless the Creator said that water could flow against gravity :)

-aaron

M4346

While I do prefer "In the beginning there was nothing...

BANG!

... and then there was the universe."

This is most definitely a unique and interesting start to an MD! So, a huge kudos for innovativeness, and on top of that, for it looking great too!

Good luck with this one, and I'll be checking in regularly (as time permits) and following this story with a hawk eye!  :P

Regards,

-M-
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Unique introduction.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: pickled_pig on April 15, 2007, 05:38:39 AM
For the most part, nice terraforming, though the laws of physics tell me that middle river in both region pics would probably not exist, unless the Creator said that water could flow against gravity :)
-aaron

I agree but it will be interesting to see how you deal with the terrain there.
Will keep an eye on this :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

OK to answer a few thoughts and maybe point it out in my opinion is that,
i belive this is the river in question about flowing, far as i can see it does cut
deep down into the valley and so thus forth it flows pretty good.  MsD am i
correct in that assumption?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Quote...sort of a hybrid between classical polytheistic mythology and Christian creationism.

Whoa!  And I was just going to say that I thought it was cool...

A finely wrought kickoff backstory, great pics (the first one was a little underexposed, though- all I could see was black), nifty terraforming- and a million places to head from here.

MsD, good luck!  It's great to see VotG on SC4D.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

pickled_pig

Actually Pat brings up a good point - that SC4 does not have any method of surface-level water like previous games.  So, yes, I was wrong in saying that about the water, but from such a distance it looks like the water goes uphill.

Even still, it still looks a bit strange - wouldn't the river naturally want to take the easiest route?

-aaron

thundercrack83

Wonderful start, MsD! A very creative twist to the beginning of your MD's universe! Your region looks fantastic, too. I can't wait to see how you develop it!

MsD

Thanks to all who have posted and replied.

Quote from: patfirefghtr on April 15, 2007, 12:35:45 PM

OK to answer a few thoughts and maybe point it out in my opinion is that,
i belive this is the river in question about flowing, far as i can see it does cut
deep down into the valley and so thus forth it flows pretty good.  MsD am i
correct in that assumption?

I thought they were talking about the section that "Y's" to the left.  I have a plan for that area involving PEG's Ponds.

The part that goes through the hills does look like it is flowing up hill from a distance.  A closer view in the game shows that it flows nicely through a canyon.

I am sorry that I am unable to post an update.  I was looking for something particular that I wanted to start my city out with but I was unable to find what I was looking for.  Therefor, I have been creating textures and working on a BAT all day.  I should be finished tonight and able to put it in a city tomarrow.

Thanks again.
To hate is human, to forgive and to love is devine.

Please visit my website.
Please visit my MD
Valley of the Gods

Gaston

Man what great Azul-dammed beginning.      I mean, holy mother of Oswego, could it get any kooler than that.   I might be cast down to see Mazar but Azar be praised this is great.    ;D   I love it.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

wouanagaine

Great start MsD ! I like your terrraforming

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

kimcar

Do you gonna take a brake after the 6th days Lol  ;D Great start . Looking forward.

Strechnitz

Simply wonderfull!

I really like your beginning, it is in my opinion very original. but hey that has been said a zillion times by now.

Whats really funny is how you compare a monotheistic universe creating with a polytheistic pantheon. wich will obviously rule this creation. so where did the voice go?

just curious, about that. Good luck with this MD

Strech.

dioangel

Yippeeeee MSD is up the CJ ballpark!!!  &dance &dance &dance &dance The story and all is Magnificent!  &apls

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

M4346

Quote from: Gaston on April 15, 2007, 08:39:42 PM
Man what great Azul-dammed beginning.      I mean, holy mother of Oswego, could it get any kooler than that.   I might be cast down to see Mazar but Azar be praised this is great.    ;D   I love it.

---Gaston

You may not take your gods's names in vain!  :D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Gaston

@M,
    Thank you my friend.      May Nafar and Jafar smile upon you and all those you know.      ;)      I hope the Gods will forgive my over-exuberance.

---Gaston

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Emperor Stormont

What a fantastic start to an MD, truly unique. I'll be watching this develop, very very promising indeed

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

dedgren

Okay, ma'am... Break time's over!  This reader is (and judging by the comments of others- many other folks, too) anxious for more.

Great start- eagerly watching for what's next.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

guurgkud

Definately a tremendous and unique start. love the terraforming :)

looking forward to more  :thumbsup:
]http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7083.0]

Come discover its mysteries...
Tristania // Revisited