• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ingame "Hydrogen" Powered Cars

Started by dragonshardz, August 26, 2008, 04:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Looking for what file I would modify to make cars etc. give off no pollution. Might release a mod on the STEX for it once I get it working.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Swamper77

Air pollution generated by vehicles is controlled by the game's Utilities exemplar. The property Traffic Air Pollution Factor is what controls the air pollution created by vehicles. The air pollution created by vehicles is based on density of traffic on a particular tile. The game multiplies it by value set for Traffic Air Pollution Factor and the result is what you see in the Air Pollution Data View. The default value for the Traffic Air Pollution Factor property is 0.25.

Any changes you make will be incompatible with any mods that change the radii of the utilities coverage. Such mods have been made to increase the area covered by water pipes and power lines.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

nerdly_dood

Which means it would be incompatible with a mod that I have that negates the need for power lines or water pipes, just a source is needed... And I don't even know what the mod is called or what the DAT filename is.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

dragonshardz

Me either which is why I am asking what the filename i should modify is...

Thank you Swamper for telling me what part of whichever file it is to modify, if I do make this and release I will be sure to note that it won't work with a utility radius expansion mod in the readme.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Tropod

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 26, 2008, 04:43:41 PM
Looking for what file I would modify to make cars etc. give off no pollution.

Not sure if it's still there or not, but RalphaelNinja released an ordiance modd at ST some time back which incorporated (from what I recall) a property that eliminated (car) pollution. May of been Property 0x8A67E378 (EDIT: Traffic Air Pollution Effect) that was/is used in the modd (but it's been some time & I don't have a copy of Ralphs ordiance).

z

Although this property can be modified in the Utilities simulator, the problems with doing that have been noted.  However, as Tropod pointed out, a slight different property that does essentially the same thing can be used in the ordinances.  I found the ordinance by RaphaelNinja that Tropod was referring to; interestingly, RaphaelNinja credits Tropod with showing him about the Traffic Air Pollution Effect property!

Anyway, I have attached a slightly modified copy of the Clean Air Act ordinance, which is identical to the original, except that it reduces traffic-generated air pollution to zero.

metasmurf

Go here: http://www.simtropolis.com/modding/index.cfm?p=details&id=361

Install the 512 radius, no traffic pollution file.

Problem solved (hopefully).