• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Okay, so let's have a little change of seasons...

...just a tease, anyway.

Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter

And, again.  Jeez, I love stands of aspen.

Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter

256 quads of this?  Hey, one of my homebrew lots is 24x24.

I'm still perfecting tree mix and density- just wanted to let you in on what's ahead.

Flying back to Alaska from Texas tomorrow.  Probably won't post again until Thursday...

...my arms will be too tired!

Heh.  Later.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Nice season-changes! (Why is there no snow in the winter-season?)

asturianu

Hey, I'm finally here and all I can say is WOW!!  I really like those trees and your region is looking really good, David.
I'll be following this cj, you know that I liked the old 3RR, and here at SC4 Devotion, I'll visit it more.

Great work

Cristian

beskhu3epnm

I go away for a week or so, and there is already 5 pages on this one!! The main reason I never kept up to the ST one was because it was so long....

I am now caught up. Don't leave me behind!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

your_adress_here

Very nice, I love the seasonal trees. But theres seems like theres just too much yellow during the fall. Maybe if you added some more red or orange?
Bookah!

thundercrack83

The seasonal changes look great, and I ope you've solved you sidewalk conundrum. However, I do agree with the point made by your_address_here about all the yellow in the autumn. Is there a way to add different colors or is that the standard autumn setting?

Gaston

David,
   Hope your trip went well.   That is one long flight I'll bet.
   3RR is looking great.    You have inspired me to try some new trees I have never used before.   And word on the "strasse" is that the English version of the new NAM will be available soon.   Right now it is just the German version that I can find.
:party:
Some folks just posted:
QuoteVery nice, I love the seasonal trees. But theres seems like theres just too much yellow during the fall. Maybe if you added some more red or orange?   AND  The seasonal changes look great, and I ope you've solved you sidewalk conundrum. However, I do agree with the point made by your_address_here about all the yellow in the autumn. Is there a way to add different colors or is that the standard autumn setting?

Thundercrack and Your_Address_Here,

I think that is the look David is looking for.   He rarely does anything without a very specific purpose,   LOL    And he is using Aspens, which are notoriuosly golden yellow in the fall.   Just a guess on my part.    This is just my humble opinion, afterall.

---Gaston 
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

Hi, everyone-

Back in Alaska- it's 1:00 a.m. local time (GMT-9) and snowing to beat the band.  I have responses on my laptops to some of the recent questions and will post those and answer new ones as well during the day tomorrow.

Off to bed.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Rayden

NikNik

Haha Davd. i am also back online again.

Good morning, it's now 4.43 in Alaska, so you're not up yet (geez 10 hours difference with the Netherlands)

Great continuation of 3RR. I love the change of seasons pics.

New NAM stuff looks promessing and I am dying to get my hands on that new stuff. The RR track is great and much more realistic. Reminds me of playing with my Marklin train set.

Great stuff.

Nik-Nik

your_adress_here

Quote from: Gaston on January 02, 2007, 07:02:16 PM
And he is using Aspens, which are notoriuosly golden yellow in the fall.   Just a guess on my part.    This is just my humble opinion, afterall.

---Gaston 

Ah, I see. I guess I'm just used to seeing more red, what with all our maples here in Canada. Especially in southern Ontario, which is an explosion of red, yellow and orange.
Bookah!

Alek King of SC4

personally i am now 100% sold on the new God Mode Tree Controllers from Cycledogg (italia, desert, olympic) are all very beautiful and detailed, also the plant a variety but on the appropriate slopes so that you can go crazy planting trees from tile to tile but the mix will look normall in region view, this really helps to eliminate the "tree grid" that can appear when randomly planting trees from tile to tile.

it will be interesting to see what you do with such a large region.

Gaston

Welcome back David,
     Wow it is almost 6:30 am there in Alaska if my calculations are right.   And you aren't up and posting messages yet.   LOL    Hope you had a great visit down in Texas.    The weather had to be a heck of a lot different down there than in Alaska.

your_adress_here posted today:
QuoteAh, I see. I guess I'm just used to seeing more red, what with all our maples here in Canada. Especially in southern Ontario, which is an explosion of red, yellow and orange.
Yep, I know what you mean.   As a young kid we spent alot of time in northern New England and the falls there where really spectacular as well.   Lots of yellows, reds and oranges.   We even spent a bit of time there in Canada just north of Maine.  (I have some distant relatives there.  My paternal grand-father was French Canadian, eh.)   But that was a long time ago.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

derek_pearce

wow awsome cj david i love the region shots i wish you good luck in the 3RR.
Signature comming soon

dedgren

Before I do the short post I planned, let me give you a sense of what we've returned to from the windswept plains of west Texas.

We drove the Explorer home from the airport last night.  The berm at the end of the driveway left by the plow should have warned me.

'Cruiser's buried for the duration, I guess.

I'll have to deal with the car, though.

Murphy survived the storm.

Yard won't need to be mowed for a while...

As noted, they have plowed our road.

Other than that, though, things are just still and calm.

More snow's on the way, I'd say.

A few from the porch...

Waiting for me is my trusty friend...

...which I'll use to dig out the snow-blower later.

Okay, okay...here's some 3RR content.

I spent a while this morning tweaking my "aspen" lots.  I was not satisfied with uniformity of the orange trees in the larger lots and wanted to break up some of the squarish lot outlines Alek (Aleking) noted.

Anyway, here's where the "dedgren" files under the "999" (load last) subfolder of "plugins" currently stands.

A shot of some of those files as they come up in the Lot Editor.

Here's what one of the 8x8 aspen lots look like in LE.

Here's 24x24 (I had no idea...) mixed forest.

A final LE shot- here's an 8x1 row of roadside cottonwoods.

It only takes a few minutes to set these up once you've created some.  I'm by no means finished- I plan to put in some "ground clutter" (stumps, maybe some spring and summer shrubs, a few (very few, as they get overused easily) rocks and boulders in finalizing these lots up.  If there's any interest, I'd be happy to do a tutorial.

Here's a summer shot with the re-jiggered aspens.  If you compare them with the previous post of pics of this area, you'll see what I mean about breaking up the regularity.

Fall.

As noted, I will respond to the comments about fall colors- I'm working on an expanded post about 3RR trees generally- it'll be along in a bit.

Winter.

Yeah...I've got a thing for bare trees.

I've got Kiln House, too [linkie].

Another summer shot.  I'm using Peg's MTP street mod [linkie] until I figure out something better.

Same place, fall.

This is still experimental stuff- far from final.  Hang in there...it'll be worth it.

Later.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

meinhosen

Looks like Peg's mod is working well for you.  You must have edited the tree lots so they wouldn't produce sidewalks... you'll have to let me know what lot properties you changed to get that.

3RR is looking good!  Those massive lots have a great look to them.  :)

(That's some serious snow, BTW)
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Owen Luby

Oh now, I only just found SC4D 3RR Just then... Oh well, I've read through it all.

Looks great! I like it all very much!

Nice work with all the lot-editor stuff too, I could never be bothered...
I want SC4 back!!

Fred_Ginger

Hello David (Dedgren), I finally followed your 3RR over from ST and have caught up!  I must tell you, I love your photos of the snow!  Very beautiful (to look at - wouldn't want to live in it!), but does your poor dog stay outside when you're gone?  Can't wait to see what you do with 3RR!

Vicki
My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies

dedgren

Couldn't sleep...

...#&@^! jet lag...

...and I'm not focused enough to post the promised responses, so, to buy some time, here's a bit of

3RR EYE CANDY

These are from Quad 32, which has much higher elevations than Quad 64, where we have been the last few posts.  The bridge is for show- grats, jeroni, on getting your great new bridges into the new NAM.  They may be the best things there.  More on that...

...where have we heard that before?

...later.

I'll reassure you, vicki (Fred_Ginger), that Murph probably sleeps better than we do out in the "Dog Palace."  The whole thing is roofed, the pen portion is 8'/2.3m square and has two 250w IR (heat table) lights, a large heated mat and a thick layer of cedar shavings on the floor.  We bring him in most winter nights, but sometimes it's under protest- he really likes it out there...

...and, hey, where else can random barking at 1:45 a.m. have such an effect?

Finally, a first 3RR milestone here at its new SC4D home.

Now, we all know my great aunt in Hoboken visits 20 or so times each day because she loves me, but that leaves lots of room for you folks here at SC4D.  Thanks so much to each of you for continuing to check 3RR out, and thanks again jeroni for making this such a high-quality, low-hassle operation.

I'll be pulling things together over the next few days, and we'll really get going.

Later.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...