• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

Health problems and so much work...

Replies:
@romualdillo: Thank youuuu! I hope I see it, when you finish your current project
@Kisa Atsuko: Kisa, Kisa...   ...KISAAAAAAAA ! I think your work great! We have just different styles. I hope soon to publish a big update. Now there are only a few images.
@Kergelen:I am glad that you enjoyed the pictures. When you show some new pictures? I would be happy to see news from you.
@vester:Thank you for your comment. When selecting the trains I had help. For a while there will be no new railway images. I hope that's okay.
@Fasan:I am glad that you have finally found here. Your work here looks also great. I think you will like it here. It is a great honor of you to get a praise.
@art128: *hug-hu-hug-many-more-hug* No words, only hugs to you! Ò-Ó

Machiya W2W I.

I was preparing a major refurbishment. I want more historical and traditional local Japanese design in my region. I love Machiya. Now Twreck-sama has his IRM W2W expansion project started. The project has great potential. I think it fits well with Machiya.
This first test images.

What is your opinion?

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

kelis

Fantastic job my friend !! I love to see more pictures of your region ! Can't wait for see the final result with the Machiya, but looks pretty nice so far...

Greetings  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

I have to say that I love the pictures... There's some resemblance to Japan's Meiji Era: brick-built factories among traditional neigbourhoods. I think I said before that I find that images charming.  :thumbsup:

art128

You definitely manage to mix machiyas and industrial buildings quite well! I might have to steal that idea from you....  :satisfied:

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Even without any experience of Japan, I have to say that the combination does looks absolutely excellent, much more than I would have imagined. Excellent, and a pleasure to see, as always!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Dantes

Finally a little time to play Simcity.

Replies:
@kelis:Hello my friend, today I can show you two small districts with the implementation of the idea. I hope you enjoy the pictures.
@romualdillo:The Meiji era is wonderful. Historically, much happened at this time and I like the historical buildings in combination with brick walls. Your project is almost done, right? I am glad to finally see pictures of your town!
@art128:My otouto-chan may like to steal my ideas. I think you'd have much pleasure in mind. The mixture has a lot of potential. *hug-hug-hug-many-more-hug*
@Themistokles: Thank youuuuuuu!

Machiya W2W II.

I wanted to test the new bike strip Mod. I like bike paths. Unfortunately, I characterized some parts missing.

I started to demolish the avenue in my region. In the works I found an old river channel. This allowed to see daylight again.
If too much water fills the rice fields in the rainy season of the mountains, the river channel will dissipate the excess water.

This version I did not like. Too much is just too much.

This completion looks better.

Here we go. I show you today two small city districts with machiya & industria.

1.Overview

2. First district

3.Second district

4.I tried on the outskirts of a transition to rural w2w.

6.Small farms and rural residential buildings complement the w2w. I like it.

8.At The Train Station.

9.That looks good.

14.In addition to the school there is a fire station. There are three industrial sites in the area.

15. Yeah

17.I love the works of Gobanboshi-sensei.

18.An old commercial street.

20.The road is a listed building. The buildings are part of the identity of the city. In the evening there is often drunk in the pubs.

21.Here you can see the local library.

22.If during the rainy season is too much water in the rice fields or even more generally that here the water is drained. This is where the water comes from the mountains.

23.A mausoleum is located there.

26.Sorry for the vacant lots! I use unwillingly filler building and wait for the gaps where the self-made inaccessible.

27. Gobanboshi-sensei newest work

28.Hikers are resting

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

art128

Lovely mix of industrial, old residential and danchis.
I love picture 11.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

I'm agree with Arthur !! Fantastic job with the last update. I like all pictures my friend and I think the mix of buildings looks very nice, congratulations.

:thumbsup:

PS: My friend, I will work in your lot in the next weeks, I am a bit busy with the RL, okay ? Greetings
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Fasan

That looks really good and I'm glad that you're staying true to the game.  :thumbsup:
I love to look at your great work.  &apls

kbieniu7

Yep, that's a very nice mix, indeed. The "drunk street" is a funny addition  ;D
But for me, the best thing in your towns are the railways "meandring" through the dense development :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Great updates  &apls  So many great bats and scenes :O  I love the building in #17's foreground!

romualdillo

I was sure I had commented here, but I was surprised when I discovered I was wrong!!  ??? Well, as I like closeups and old buildings my favourite picture is nº 27. You've done a great work mixing the industrial buildings with the rest.  &apls

About my project, I think a city is never finished, I still have a lot of work to get something decent and I haven't finished my first building yet... :-[

Dantes

Better late than never.

Replies:
@art128:Otouto-chaaaaaan! *hug* You like the picture because there is a train to see, right? Thank you to your comment! *hug*
@kelis:I am glad that you like this city development. You're doing what you're doing right. I am patient and grateful for your help. Thank you!
@Fasan:I am glad to get out of a regular comment. We play completely different and like the differences. I love your impressive work. Now I am also delighted that you like my pictures.
@kbieniu7:Thank you for your comment, I like your compliment. The wives of the daily guests in the "drunken street" are not so pleased. If you like, I recommend you some backward part of my railroad. I have presented my complet railway network of Totori.
@noahclem:Gobanboshi-sensei work is always great.
@romualdillo:Like, you have your first home is not finished yet? I see quite a lot of houses in your project! I hope you have enough time and patience. I want to finally see soon first streets with market places, plazas and trams. I apologize if I make you stress, but you're great!

Important notice: Gobanboshi-sensei (!) and I have recently written another email. He said he reads my pictures. It is a great honor. I thank him a thousand times.

Machiya W2W II.

Today I show you two districts. The first area you already know, so I see there only the conversion work. The second area I have completely remodeled and rebuilt.
I hope you enjoy the pictures.

1.Overview

2. Old: As you can see, the design was not efficient and not very Japanese. In addition to the avenue there was a tram. Both roads were little to do.

3. New: The city government has demolished with the permission of the Government of the prefecture and the avenue again brought to light the river. The ugly residential blocks were demolished and used traditional architecture.

4. Old:

5. New:That looks much better, right?

6.Traffic on the road with tram has increased significantly. The demand for offices rose and created new land. The river is a wonderful recreation. Many people go morning and evening walks.

8.A small area has been preserved section to be concreted. There, trees were planted. Many songbirds live there.

9.The local library. I apologize for the unusual sight. It has been found that I build urban. And I do not like big city. I am very sorry.

13.Near the train station on the river offices were built. Across the street from the school center.

15.For lack of space I had to build the overpass so. I hope you find this solution okay.

16.My favorite corner.

18. Sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry,sorry... ...evil overpass

20.I use rarely Plopbuildings. What you see is all grown very slowly. Really very slowly. Meanwhile, my city is over 1000 years old.

21. Suburban

29. HD+ You see every detail.

38.Here you can see the local fire station.

40.Overview I.

41.Overview II.

42.Overview III.

43.Overview IV.

art128

Another quite fantastic update, Onii-chan. I'm really liking how you replaced the whole avenue by a river and the areas by machiyas.

I love picture 27. I really like it with the twin railway lines, the power line and the danchis. I'd get an apartment in one of them, of course with a view on the railway.

I've been experimenting a bit with W2W industry and machiyas/small shops. It looks really great thanks for the idea!

Oh also, I've exported your overpass, but I might have to do another export as it is way too bright in-game..

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Only one comment from my brother.

Reply:
@art128:I'm curious looks like the bridge. I'll have to be patient.
Yes, the W2W with industry looks great. I am looking forward to pictures of you. I hope you like my pictures today also. You seem to be my only visitor. *sad-hug* Q_____Q

Machiya W2W III.

Today there are pictures with tram. And a diagonal district with straight streets! I hope you like the solution. Residential houses are built in a north-south direction. Shopping streets are arranged with exceptions only in direction east-west.

1.Old picture

2.Old picture

3.Old picture: Overview

4. New, but old plaza

5. Finish, look better, right ?

7. New Overview

9.There are stations on both sides of the district

12.Here, where many students, my little brother *art-kun-hug* lives here.

13.It does not look good, but it is practical. The passengers have to walk a bit of a walk.

15.A very japanese street scene.

18.This subway line connects the district with the industrial area. It is a valuable shortcut with 4000+ commuters!

romualdillo

I'm sure art128 wasn't your only visitor  :D. As always you've done a great job and the new-old square looks great!! Who's the memorial dedicated to?

art128

I may be the only one commenting, but rest assured that I'm not the only one to visit your MD. :)

beautiful update once again. Though I'm not satisfied with my place, not close enough to a railway. :D

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Amazing update !!! Sorry my friend, I forgot to leave the comment in the last update  ()sad()

I like so much your job in this part of the region, the density and the buildings selection looks really nice !!
I would like to see a new region view my friend  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

Shark7

Nice updates.

I do like the look of the more traditional housing.  Looks more distinct that simply having generic apartment building A and generic apartment building B.

Good work with the MMPs as well.  The canal is interesting.

Fasan

Wow, I find your work just great! I am overwhelmed by the size.  :thumbsup:
I also like the channel and I use them too.  &apls

Keep it up, my friend!
Fasan  ;)