• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Totori

Started by Dantes, March 11, 2011, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

Thank you for your many comments!

Replies:
@romualdillo:I feel sad when I see others get more comments and have many visitors. I think I'm not doing something good. Or maybe it's the lack of advertising? The monument is dedicated to an old prince. Lord Simcitler
@art128: Otouto-chan...! >///////\\\\\\< I'll try to find a nice apartment for you in my region.
@kelis:Hello my friend,
I'll get back to you shortly via email. An overview of the region, I will show later. At the moment there are some projects that must be completed. I'll show you several overviews of the zones, general Overview and transport network.
I am very grateful for your help! *bro-hug*
@Shark7:Thank you to your comment.
@Fasan:Thank you for your praise. We both build completely different, yet I find inspiration with you and admire your art. I am very glad that you like my work.

Machiya W2W IV.

My region originally circa 100,000 inhabitants. Through social housing in some parts of the city were on the same area population of 160,000. Through my W2W project is now for the first time soon 170,000 inhabitants. Machiya more efficient use of the plot size. Urban development improved considerably.

1.old-Too much is too much.

2.new-The temple complex is attempt no. 12!

+

8. A new work of gobanboshi-sama

11.I like this image.

14. \°w°/

16.Three elements are in this image: Life/Fun, Death/End & Humility/Cognition. It is a very Buddhist image.

17. Pictures of night!

21. Ghibli movie hommage: Spirit Away 千と千尋の神隠し (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi)

22.old-The city center.

23.new- Nooooooooooooooo, I have a urban city!

24.There were only a few buildings planted. 95% are grown naturally. But I have a trick used (it would otherwise have taken years). http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/22391-super-demand-mod-not-demand-ordinance/

26.The school center fits perfectly into the environment.

28.An important transport hub.

29.Otouto-chan... ...you would like to have an apartment here? There is a 7-eleven store nearby, tram and railway!

31.Japanese Urban!

32.No...   ...no...   ...no... I am not suitable for large cities. For me, this is a personal nightmare. I like the rural and suburban. Big city is unusual for me. It's against my nature.

34.This is okay.

35.I like the building complex. Here you can see the local library.

36.Pictures of night!

40.I like this picture. A small 24-hour market between the office buildings.

42. Night overview...    ...so urban! *gnaaaaahr*

42.old overview

43.new overview-That looks nice. I like machiya.

45.Greeeeeeen.

48.Otouto-chan...   ...Here is also an apartment for rent.

49.The local health center. A medical supply center. Older residents and families have health care in the neighborhood. This is an initiative of the prefectural government.

50.This scene I have often shown. Again and again I change this place.

52.One of two elevated railway systems buildings in the region.

53.old

54.new

56.The rent in this residential building are very low. There is a lot of traffic. This would not want to live my Otouto-chan.

57.I have attention to detail.

61.I edit my cemeteries so that they are suitable for the surface plan of the city.

63.It fits in the grid of streets. The result is a relaxed space the space for mourning and peace of mind.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

belfastsocrates

That looks fantastic. I love the variety of buildings and it's a very well executed recreation of a Japanese city. Great attention to detail as well.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

kelis

One of my favorites updates here. There are a lot of pictures, but that's not the only reason...look those pictures, there are perfect and with a lot of details. I love your region my friend, I am a big FAN of Totori.

About your urban city, I think it looks very nice and I think you have to create more parts like this. I know you like the rural areas, but a city with 170.000 inhabitans in Japan need a urban area, even it that area is not big...

Greetings my friend and let me know if you need help with more things  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Simcoug

Wonderful work - you have an amazing eye for details. 
And thank you for tipping me off on the new gobanboshi gem - I had to stop by and pick that up  :)

romualdillo

Great update!!! There are a lot of pictures to see and I love the temple!!!  &apls

noahclem

Lovely temple and surrounding areas  &apls

art128

The apartment building overlooking the tram and the railway line is nice! Would love an apartment on the last floor. :)

Excellent remodeling of the shrine, it looks excellent now. Once again fantastic work with the remodeling of the city. The end result is fantastic.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Dantes

Thank you for your many comments!  :)

Replies:
@belfastsocrates:Thank you for your comment. I am glad if you like my city.
@kelis: My Friend! *hug* Your projects are an encouragement, and inspiration for me. I will keep trying to better build. I hope today's update is also interesting for you. Thanks a lot for your help!
@Simcoug:Thank you for your comment. It makes me happy when someone writes a comment. I hope Gobanboshi-sama say it is okay, if I make some publicity. His works are fantastic.
@romualdillo: Thank you! When you show a complete city? I want to see your project in the game!
@noahclem: Thank you noah! *hug*
@art128:I am happy when my brother says he likes what he sees. I've allowed in the apartment at the top of a box full of manga to present. Welcome to your student flat in Totori! *hug*

Machiya W2W VI.

Today there are a lot of theory and learning material about W2W and Machiya.

Wiki: City block: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_block

Examples:

1a) Roman City : Augusta Treverorum (wikipedia {only german and nederlands} http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/R%C3%B6mische_Stadt )

Source: www.google.com

1b) New York City http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commissioners%27_Plan_of_1811

Wiki: Block development (only german) : http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockrandbebauung

Examples:

2a) Xi'an anno 1893 Source: www.google.com

2b) Beijing http://www.wurlington-bros.com/DC/miniBeijing.html

2c) Heiankyo (Kyoto) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heian-ky%C5%8D

Daidairi of Heiankyo

Heiankyouhukugenmokei

2d) Kumamoto Castle Edo Period  Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumamoto_Castle

Look in more detail at the left side image

Now to the topic Machiya:

Today there is a private space in public space. They meet in squares and parks, visiting the cinema, museums.
In the past, it was different. The deeper you hest in the building, the more private it is.

On the plot is the building. The entrance area is public. To this end, add additional rooms. Valuable things were kept away from the entrance. There it was safe. The Machiya is the consistent idea of the smallest room (private sphere) to the outside, there are several zones. The road connects only the Machiya. The road is not a public space. The road is only the transport. Everything takes place in the Machiya and on the property.

Anonymous streets between the Machiya.

The road is only the transport.

Were caused by earthquakes, fire and war, especially through speculation and Machiya be demolished. It will be built on building new generations. The new buildings have no roots to the original urban development . The idea of multiple areas of life lost.

Machiya have many advantages:
+If all buildings have the same building height shadowed no building the other. All residents get enough light.
+By the north-south orientation little needs to be heated. In summer, the roof protects from open windows and out the coolness. In winter, the building can warm themselves.
+Little space is used very efficiently.

After you have seen everything here try to recognize pictures below, the urban planning

1. old overview

2. new overview: Do you recognize the north-south and east-west orientation?

5. old overview

6. new overview

7. old

8. new

We learned today:
Grid plan is not grid plan. There are different points of view. Different ideas as concepts.

Thank you for looking. I am very pleased with the comments and I would also appreciate negative criticism.

romualdillo

Quote from: Dantes on April 07, 2015, 05:44:40 PM
@romualdillo: Thank you! When you show a complete city? I want to see your project in the game!

Still a lot of work to do!!! Lots of props to render!!  :D But the end (if there is one) is near.

Great update!! You've done a master class here!! It's very interesting how similar traditional architectures are. Perhaps they pursued the same objectives. You can build strong relations between traditional Japanese houses and traditional Roman-Arabic houses in Spain.

You're improving your city a lot! Great pictures and great explanations...

vester

Google as a source ?

Its like saying the library is the source.

Looking forward for the next update.

kelis

WOOOOOOOW !!

You are working really hard my friend !! The last update is amazing with all those pictures and explanations.
Your Machiya looks very nice and it fits perfectly in your beautiful region. I can't wait to see more things my friend.

In the future I want to do something with your region and my region. Something with the trains, some rail connections  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Impressive redevelopment, really.

What I love about traditional houses is all the little gardens they put inside the houses. It look really cool.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Fascinating stuff! I want a garden in my house too  ;D  Keep up the great work  &apls

Dantes

5 comments

Replies:
@romualdillo:I hope your project is over! I want to see pictures of your town that is soon! Thank you for your comment. I am happy if my thoughts find encouragement.
@vester:A source is a source is a a source. 
@kelis:I do not know whether it is possible to connect our regions. Totori is a little away from the big city. I hope you get mail in mid-May.   *friend-hug*
@art-kun:I like the little gardens of the houses in the background too. It is efficient and an important saves water. Each has its own small garden. For decoration, as storage or as a vegetable garden.
But you have a small apartment to a railway line, or do you want to move? *bro-hug-hug-hug*
@noahclem: Thank you so much!

Machiya W2W VII.

1. Old overview

2. New overview: Today I show you a small city district.

3. *thehehe*

4.There used to be an underground station. This was expensive and do not like to use. Meanwhile, there is a tram bridge and through the park and ride system drive many commuters.

5. I like this small temple

8.Sento!

9. old

10. new

romualdillo

Great work with details!! :thumbsup: I wonder what you hide there...  ::)

Dantes

Only one comment from my friend Mr. Romualdillo Spain. I am sad

Reply:
@romualdillo: There has been a construction site. Now ready built there. I'm sorry if you thought there would be hiding something special.

Machiya W2W VIII.

Today I show you the small town center. It is the seat of the Prefäkturregierung and some other institutions. Tototori is a rural and small region, therefore, the Downtown area is not large and significant.

1. Overview  *brrr* Urban

2. Old National Plaza

3. New National Plaza

8.Behind the seat of administration are shops for Otaku and nerds. *art128-kun-hug*

9. 'Skyline'

This traffic solution was needed. More than 4,000 trams, 8000 trains and thousands of pedestrians are here every day on the road.

12. My "Central Park"

14.The following picture was the Idea to this city scene:

16.The area is very narrow, so I had to build up the tradition of the street.

18.The railway network is a secret green area.

19.And now to something different.

20. Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooo much Otouto-chan! Art128 thank you, thank you! Domo arigatto gozaimasu! It looks great. Ingenious implementation. I will now installed anywhere on the railway this crossing later. My pedestrians and bicyclists will enjoy. I hope you will publish this overpass too. Many cities in SimCity need this bridge. This component was missing!

art128

Great to know you enjoyed my overpass. :)

Fantastic update, the new version of the national plaza is nice. Also great touch with the otaku shops right next to the government building. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Great updates  &apls  Where'd you get that title drawing--almost looks like SimCity  ???  I love how Arthur's pedestrian overpass looks  :o

romualdillo

Great work again!! "Präfekturregierung", was für ein Wort!! Ich glaube, dass du nicht nur ein deutsches Wort verwendet hast, weil ich deutsche Props auf dem Nationalplatz sehe!!  :D 
I like how the train station is aligned with the bridge. Don't be so upset with your urban areas. Having a flat in those buildings facing a park and the river won't be that bad.

Congrats to art128 for the overpass.

Dantes

I have received three comments. I look forward to your comments. If I get comments I am happy. Feed me with comments!

Replies:
@art128:*hug-hug-hug-hug-hug-hug-hug* The officials in the government building like reading manga. It is practically the next street are shops for it. *thehe* I hope you like the solder using your Overpass. I use it a lot and would put it in the region. Completely new transport routes for pedestrians arise! My citizens are very happy with the Overpass. Thank you! I hope you will publish the Overpass well. Many Simcity player would be pleased. Domo arigatto gozaimasu!
@noahclem:Arthur has built a great Overpass. The Anime / Manga is Uchouten Kazoku. The story revolves around special Kami, which can be transformed. The story takes place in Kyoto. There are many famous places that there appear in the anime. Youtube-Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FySjirMjsjc
@romualdillo: Du sprichst deutsch ? Du kannst wirklich alles! ôo Urban space is urban space. Although the city has a River, and a park, yet it remains to urban me. The Google Translator has the word "Präfekturregierung" not be translated. It was a translation error and not intentional. ^^°°°°°

Machiya W2W IX.

Before I show you new pictures from my region, I want to show this cool website. There I discovered unusual model homes. Really great that there is also something like this for railway enthusiasts, right?

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sankeishop/item/mp03-85/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sankeishop/item/mp03-14/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/sankeishop/item/mp03-49/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en

1. old overview

2. new overview

3.I have removed the roundabout and then a straight road layout. The free space was well cultivated.

4.This local transport hub relieves the main train station in the city center.

7.One tram line is a circle, the other tram line connects neighboring town.

10. Train picture

13. Vester-sama do you like this picture ?