• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

Amazing!can't wait for a full update! ;D

Haljackey

I should really stop by here more often. Terrific work Noah!

Ol.S / Benoit

Last update was pretty amazing ! Great work :)
You always have great ideas, and execution, for the transport network !
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

rambuckel

You have been really busy since I visited this MD last time ... I enjoyed watching all those pictures I've missed.

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

noahclem

Thanks again to the awesome crew of people who take the time to share their thoughts here! Perhaps you'll never know the gratitude I have or the motivation you provide but I'll keep trying to tell you  ;D

Individual thanks are below, today's feature is a panorama, plus, of the Igelstadt municipality. My playing lately has been here and there, doing lots of tricky and not-fun-to-watch things, but over the last few days I've gotten on a mission again. I've been doing little things all over the region, including unseen municipalities, and also tweaking (ok fighting with) my plugins folder. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this Appalachian TM feature from Igelstadt and I can tell you that the next full update is at least half done!

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Bonus:

Quote from: art128 on September 27, 2012, 10:49:16 AM
Interesting teaser there Noah. I'm eager to see the update. ;)
Thanks Arthur! It's on the way....

Quote from: Gugu3 on September 27, 2012, 12:29:33 PM
Amazing!can't wait for a full update! ;D

Thanks so much! I really enjoyed your "show us your" work yesterday and I hope that someday soon I get to tell you how awesome your MD is!

Quote from: Haljackey on September 28, 2012, 08:33:07 AM
I should really stop by here more often. Terrific work Noah!
Thanks Hal! I'd love it if you'd visit more often--maybe I start giving you a notice when I get into a big interchange project  ;D

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on October 04, 2012, 01:37:52 AM
Last update was pretty amazing ! Great work :)
You always have great ideas, and execution, for the transport network !
Thanks Benoit! That's pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do  :)

Quote from: rambuckel on October 06, 2012, 01:08:02 PM
You have been really busy since I visited this MD last time ... I enjoyed watching all those pictures I've missed.

Theresa

Thanks Theresa! You've always been a good friend of Siilijoki and it's a real pleasure to have you back  :thumbsup:

CasperVg

I had to connect my laptop to the widescreen tv in the living room to be able to see the entire panorama at once, but man it sure was worth it! Very beautiful transition from industrial estate to a more residential/touristical area. Pretty!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

Really nice teaser, Noah!

I liked, as Casper, the panorama. Well done! Also, prepo's BATs are really shining in your city. [I mean your city makes them even better!] I like that.

I think you can try to post some technical update. I'll be always interested to see an inside the beast or backstage update, that could be fun!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

Really nice teaser!I'm curious to see the implementation you've made in these days :thumbsup:
thanks for the comment in the "show us your" :DI'll post something new maybe ::)
about the MD...I was thimking about making one, but need to collect some more material!anyway I'll try do the my best :-\

rooker1

The panorama is great indeed!
But I like the bonus pic a little more.  I like it when it is difficult to tell which is the diagonal roads and which is not.  The city block is filled out really nicely to hide most obvious problems we encounter with diagonal roads.
Awesome work, I can't wait for the update!!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

nbvc

Nice panorama. :thumbsup: But laying on the beach in autumn may be a little bit cold. ;D

Swordmaster

Wonderful stuff, Noah. Freight trains are a winner. Seasonal trees are a winner. Overpasses in water are a winner. So that gives, what, a triple winner?  &apls

Something else caught my attention as well, though: your average filesize seems to have gone up in recent updates. Over 1 MB for a mid-sized picture? Not a problem for me, personally, but I'm sure there's folks without the bandwith at my (and your) disposal. Just something you might want to consider. ;)

Oh, and I hope you win the fight with the Plugins monster (something I can help with?)

Cheers
Willy

Jmouse

Noah, the panorama is stunning. I just wish the trees around here would look half that good. Unfortunately, we're in a yoyo weather pattern, though. Warm, cool, warm, cool, etc. The upcoming full update is awaited with great anticipation, and I'm sure you will outdo yourself once again.

Thanks for posting this delightful teaser...
-Joan

Kergelen

Amazing work Noah. &apls

The panorama and bonus picture are amazing. As rooker said is difficult to distinguish what are diagonal streets and what orthogonal.I can only know because I know the buildings.

Links to SC4 websites

vinlabsc3k

Great teaser Noah!! :thumbsup:
I like the panorama shot that I call "A day on the river" ;)
I'm waiting for the update with trepidation! &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Dantes

You are one of the fantastic masters of W2W  >:( Wow, I like this pictures it's awesome  :o

noahclem

It's been a little quiet around here....

This will be changing in the near future. I have several different projects that are getting very close to ready to show, including the area featured in the last teaser. I should be back tomorrow with replies and something interesting  ::)

But for tonight a couple pond pictures in a new park I'm working on:

Later, with the leaves turning color (click to enlarge):

Thanks again for your replies and I'll be back very soon  :thumbsup:

weixc812

The pond scenes are great  &apls &apls
I think maybe PyreneanTerrainMod  is more suitable to make this kind of view. Have you ever considered that, Noah?
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

noahclem

Quote from: weixc812 on October 22, 2012, 07:23:03 PM
The pond scenes are great  &apls &apls
I think maybe PyreneanTerrainMod  is more suitable to make this kind of view. Have you ever considered that, Noah?

Thanks! I love the Pyrenean Terrain Mod. It has a little too dry of a look for what I want for Siilijoki normally but I use it all the time for my autumn pictures. The bright green of the Berner-Oberland Mod is probably not very realistic with fall colors but I liked the way it looked (and I was having trouble with using iLive's Reader to make the beach properties work right with the PTM) so I posted the picture that way. Thanks to Alex (Tarkus) I figured out my Reader problems so I can post the picture you suggested  ;D

This one also includes a bit of the surrounding area. Click to enlarge.

Quote from: CasperVg on October 09, 2012, 09:26:57 AM
I had to connect my laptop to the widescreen tv in the living room to be able to see the entire panorama at once, but man it sure was worth it! Very beautiful transition from industrial estate to a more residential/touristical area. Pretty!
Thanks a lot Casper and welcome to Siilijoki! I really appreciate you taking the time to get the big view  :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on October 09, 2012, 09:37:17 AM
Really nice teaser, Noah!

I liked, as Casper, the panorama. Well done! Also, prepo's BATs are really shining in your city. [I mean your city makes them even better!] I like that.

I think you can try to post some technical update. I'll be always interested to see an inside the beast or backstage update, that could be fun!
Thanks Arthur! I'm interested in your suggestion and may have something ready very soon  ;D

Quote from: Gugu3 on October 09, 2012, 09:57:35 AM
Really nice teaser!I'm curious to see the implementation you've made in these days :thumbsup:
thanks for the comment in the "show us your" :DI'll post something new maybe ::)
about the MD...I was thimking about making one, but need to collect some more material!anyway I'll try do the my best :-\
Thanks! More from me soon (finally  ::) ). The "show us your" stuff that you've been putting out is both excellent and unusual/creative, my favorite combination. MDs take (a lot of) time to create but I'll be waiting for the day yours is ready  :thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on October 09, 2012, 10:10:57 AM
The panorama is great indeed!
But I like the bonus pic a little more.  I like it when it is difficult to tell which is the diagonal roads and which is not.  The city block is filled out really nicely to hide most obvious problems we encounter with diagonal roads.
Awesome work, I can't wait for the update!!

Robin
Thank you very much Robin! Diagonal roads do present major challenges but conquering big challenges is one of the most rewarding parts of SimCity. Now if only there were more Fractional Angle buildings....  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: nbvc on October 09, 2012, 10:51:11 AM
Nice panorama. :thumbsup: But laying on the beach in autumn may be a little bit cold. ;D
Thanks! It was an unusually warm autumn day  ::)

Quote from: Swordmaster on October 09, 2012, 12:27:50 PM
Wonderful stuff, Noah. Freight trains are a winner. Seasonal trees are a winner. Overpasses in water are a winner. So that gives, what, a triple winner?  &apls

Something else caught my attention as well, though: your average filesize seems to have gone up in recent updates. Over 1 MB for a mid-sized picture? Not a problem for me, personally, but I'm sure there's folks without the bandwith at my (and your) disposal. Just something you might want to consider. ;)

Oh, and I hope you win the fight with the Plugins monster (something I can help with?)

Cheers
Willy
Thanks Willy, really glad you liked it! Also thank you for mentioning the image size issue, it had completely escaped my notice. I suspect the culprit is my updated version of GIMP and I'll post a poll here asking for opinions on image size vs image quality. Thanks for wishing me well on the plugins monster as well. Unfortunately, the only real problem I have left is related to developmental NAM stuff and conflicts relating to it, so I don't think you could help. Thanks anyway!

Quote from: Jmouse on October 11, 2012, 05:34:38 PM
Noah, the panorama is stunning. I just wish the trees around here would look half that good. Unfortunately, we're in a yoyo weather pattern, though. Warm, cool, warm, cool, etc. The upcoming full update is awaited with great anticipation, and I'm sure you will outdo yourself once again.

Thanks for posting this delightful teaser...
-Joan

Thank you very much Joan! Since your reply I've noticed that your weather has changed for the more beautiful--and your pictures were the main inspiration for this pond area. The promised update is on the way and I apologize for the delay  ;)

Quote from: Kergelen on October 12, 2012, 12:26:26 AM
Amazing work Noah. &apls

The panorama and bonus picture are amazing. As rooker said is difficult to distinguish what are diagonal streets and what orthogonal.I can only know because I know the buildings.
Thanks a lot! Diagonals can be both frustrating and fun and Prepo's buildings are some of the best!

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 12, 2012, 04:22:31 AM

Great teaser Noah!! :thumbsup:
I like the panorama shot that I call "A day on the river" ;)
I'm waiting for the update with trepidation! &hlp

Thank you very much, and I love the name! Update on the way....

Quote from: Dantes on October 15, 2012, 03:37:06 AM
You are one of the fantastic masters of W2W  >:( Wow, I like this pictures it's awesome  :o
Thank so much buddy! Glad you liked it!

RickD

Very beautiful pond.  &apls Interesting to see how terrain mods work better in certain seasons than others.

So ... who is going to make a seasonal terrain mod? Any volunteers?  $%Grinno$%
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

A fairly nice pond there, Noah!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog