• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Excellent update there Robin ! I really enjoyed it. What I liked most was the roads, rails layout, it is very well think and created. *
take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

threestooges

I like it Robin. Two things I wanted to note (yes, only two), first being the progress of the pictures leading up the tracks, seeing progressively more tracks branch off via switches, which is a nice payoff when you see the station, and the rows of houses at the end. As far as the tracks go, I would have kept 4 rails all the way through the (SG?) station instead of going down to two and back to four. As for the rows of those houses, I was in Kentucky a few years ago for a school thing, up north near the border with Ohio, and I remember looking off the freeway we were traveling on, and seeing a street full of highly similar houses climbing up the short hill. Every time I see those houses I think of that scene. Nice memory there. Thanks for that, and nice work this month.
-Matt

RickD

Great update, Robin.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Haljackey

Always great to see what's going on in your MD. Nice work, I like the rail system and the 4 buildings in the 5th picture.

Battlecat

Great looking update!  I like how consistently you're managing the buildings in your various neighborhoods!

io_bg

Nice W2W development! The pic with the avenue overpass and roundabout also caught my eye :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

ricardomiranda

Very cool Robin, I'm learning a lot watching your diary!

rooker1

Quote from: Tomas Neto on November 30, 2010, 12:35:51 PM
Robin, great city!!! Awesome update my friend!!! Fantastic work!!!  :thumbsup:
Tomas, always nice to hear from you, thank for stopping by.

Quote from: art128 on November 30, 2010, 03:00:35 PM
Excellent update there Robin ! I really enjoyed it. What I liked most was the roads, rails layout, it is very well think and created. *
take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
Hey Arthur, I do try my best. ;) Thanks for dropping in.

Quote from: threestooges on November 30, 2010, 09:35:26 PM
I like it Robin. Two things I wanted to note (yes, only two), first being the progress of the pictures leading up the tracks, seeing progressively more tracks branch off via switches, which is a nice payoff when you see the station, and the rows of houses at the end. As far as the tracks go, I would have kept 4 rails all the way through the (SG?) station instead of going down to two and back to four. As for the rows of those houses, I was in Kentucky a few years ago for a school thing, up north near the border with Ohio, and I remember looking off the freeway we were traveling on, and seeing a street full of highly similar houses climbing up the short hill. Every time I see those houses I think of that scene. Nice memory there. Thanks for that, and nice work this month.
-Matt
Hey Matt, I agree and I had made the change to the rail line and than the city went corrupt and I can no longer open that tile without a CTD!! :'( It's always cool when a SC4 Pic can give you memories of past things one has seen.  What a powerful game we play.

Quote from: RickD on December 01, 2010, 05:23:16 AM
Great update, Robin.  :thumbsup:
Thanks Rick.

Quote from: Haljackey on December 02, 2010, 10:33:48 AM
Always great to see what's going on in your MD. Nice work, I like the rail system and the 4 buildings in the 5th picture.
Thanks alot.  I really liked those buildings as well and thought they fit in perfectly.  Glad to see someone else likes it too.

Quote from: Battlecat on December 02, 2010, 11:33:21 AM
Great looking update!  I like how consistently you're managing the buildings in your various neighborhoods!
Hello Gordan, Managing the buildings in the different neighborhoods is sometimes very tedious. Making buildings historical takes a lot of time and losing your place where you did the last one is even more fustrating sometimes.  Or getting a building to grow and the game just won't give it to you.  $%Grinno$% But that's part of why I like it so much.  ;)

Quote from: io_bg on December 06, 2010, 06:18:47 AM
Nice W2W development! The pic with the avenue overpass and roundabout also caught my eye :thumbsup:
Ioan, good to see you here.  The avenue over pass and round about took some time to get just right.  I think I made it and demolished it several times before it was as you see it now. ()stsfd()

Quote from: ricardomiranda on March 28, 2011, 03:53:29 PM
Very cool Robin, I'm learning a lot watching your diary!
Always good to hear that I can teach someone a thing or two.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you do so more.

Well, well, well.  It's time to clean up the dust and cobb webs in here and post a few pics and tell you all what I am up to.
The last city has gone corrupt for some reason and I can no longer open a vital tile without a CTD immediately.  So I took a small break from the game.
After that I decided to go back to doing some testing for the next CAM release.  Now I'm not saying that it is coming any time soon, but it is in testing by some great testers, including myself. ::)  And I am here to tell you that you can make a fantastic, realistic looking city while playing CAM 2.0. 

Here are a few pics to prove it.

Above you can see that I was trying to get a certain building to grow and it would not.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out why.  Than it dawned on me to check out a few things.  Is the lot size correct.  Of course it is.  It is 14x5 just like Tage said in CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats.  Do I have it in my pluggins?  Check..... Do I have the lot and model?  Check and double check.  hmmmm  What does the model look like again?  OMG, that doesn't fit on a 14x5.  Ahhhh someone has made a typo.  Now I won't name any names Tage as to who this my have been, but it is now corrected. ;)

Rezone and BAMMM it grew right away.  I have grown my first high tech lot/building in SC4 that I actually really like. &apls

The buildings in my city use a gritty mod made by Tage to make them look old and run down.  In most cases I like it, but in this one it didn't look right.  So I removed it to take a pic and make some comparisons.

Another Mega lot to just show the demand that I have in this city.

I am now at the point where I am making enough money that I can change the city to look how I want it to and I can now destroy and regrow at will without too much down fall.  There is no cheating and no plopping (except for police, fire, schools, etc).  The city is well covered by police, fire and schools from elementary all the way up to univercity.  I am now adding parks where needed, parking to make things look more realistic and I am still in the black by about $5000 every month. ()stsfd()

Anyways, that's it for today.  I hope you all enjoyed it.  And I will be posting a little more often in the next few weeks for sure.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

samerton

Well.. this 'return' update is brilliant! Your cities look incredibly realistic.  &apls

Sciurus

It's really nice, I particullary like the "giant" factory :thumbsup:

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

threestooges

Mind Scape... with clean, high-tech, factories? What's this MD coming to?

Looks great Robin. I see what you mean about the grime mod making it look a bit odd, but at the same time, without it, it almost looks overly bright. Nice to see you updating here again.
-Matt

Tomas Neto

Hi Robin, is great see a new update in your MD!!!
I'll follow your analysis about the CAM 2.0!!! It will be very useful, indeed!!!  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great update Robin! I prefer the non-gritty version though it's an interesting mod and looks great in places. CAM v2 sounds like it has a lot of potential!

cubby420

Wow, CAM 2.0 is looking like a must have. That's some great natural looking progression in height and to hear that it was all grown without much tweaking and bulldozing is always music to my ears.

&apls  &apls  A great return Robin.

rooker1

NO replies tonight, just a few pics to show off how nice a CAM 2.0 City could look.
Remember, everything is grown, except for civic buildings of course. ()stsfd()

Enjoy until next time.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

samerton

Great! Amazingly realistic city!  &apls

RippleJet

Quote from: rooker1 on April 01, 2011, 07:34:30 AM
Above you can see that I was trying to get a certain building to grow and it would not.  For the life of me I couldn't figure out why.  Than it dawned on me to check out a few things.  Is the lot size correct.  Of course it is.  It is 14x5 just like Tage said in CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats.  Do I have it in my pluggins?  Check..... Do I have the lot and model?  Check and double check.  hmmmm  What does the model look like again?  OMG, that doesn't fit on a 14x5.  Ahhhh someone has made a typo.  Now I won't name any names Tage as to who this my have been, but it is now corrected. ;)

I, ehm,  &ops ... thanks Robin for fixing that error! :thumbsup: &apls

nedalezz

CAM 2.0? Is that out?!?! Where can I find it!

And the update looks amazing!

metarvo

Without the grime, it just doesn't look the same anymore. $%Grinno$%  It's too bad that you had to do some bulldozing for the mega lot, but it looks like it was worth it.  Nice update, Robin.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

Another excellent update, Robin ! That high-tech industry looks for sure very nice in your city !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog