• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

Great update Robin! I'm looking forward to throwing CAM 2.0 into my cities ;D

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

ricardomiranda

No doubt his MD is fantastic! Congratulations .......

Exla357

Well I don't normally visit the Hall Of Fame but I can see why this MD has earned it's place here! I don't use CAM, but those pics look awesome :thumbsup:
-Alex

rooker1

I do apologies for not doing replies in quit some time, nor an update.  so lets see if I can rectify that.  ;)

Quote from: samerton on April 01, 2011, 10:01:32 AM
Well.. this 'return' update is brilliant! Your cities look incredibly realistic.  &apls

I strive for my city to look as realistic as possible always, if you ever have any suggestions on how it could be better.....I'm all ears.  Thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: RippleJet on April 04, 2011, 03:09:50 PM
I, ehm,  &ops ... thanks Robin for fixing that error! :thumbsup: &apls

No worries my friend, that's why we I'm here, to help out.  Hope to see you in here more often Tage.

Quote from: nedalezz on April 04, 2011, 04:12:06 PM
CAM 2.0? Is that out?!?! Where can I find it!

And the update looks amazing!

Hey Nadel.  CAM 2.0 is not out, but in testing.  Thanks for dropping in.

Quote from: metarvo on April 05, 2011, 06:03:41 AM
Without the grime, it just doesn't look the same anymore. $%Grinno$%  It's too bad that you had to do some bulldozing for the mega lot, but it looks like it was worth it.  Nice update, Robin.

&apls
I find myself bulldozing more than ever as the city becomes more and more finished.  About twoweeks ago I had this entire large city tile just about covered and than the rest of the time pruning buildings that I didn't like.  I'm sure one could spend twice the time pruning to perfect their city as they did actually building it.  ;)  Anyways, thanks for stopping by I hope to hear more from you after this update.

Quote from: art128 on April 05, 2011, 07:29:43 AM
Another excellent update, Robin ! That high-tech industry looks for sure very nice in your city !  &apls

Arthur, always nice to see you in here.  It wasn't too hard to get that to grow.  Made the space for it and built up a nice area around it and BAM there it grew.  There was a sigh of relief that I didn't have to do anything else.  ;)

Quote from: canyonjumper on April 05, 2011, 05:50:44 PM
Great update Robin! I'm looking forward to throwing CAM 2.0 into my cities ;D

Your friend,
                             Jordan :thumbsup:

Hello Jordan.  I'm sure CAM 2.0 will be out soon or maybe it was later. ::) All testing seems to be going very well.  I love it and I'm sure everyone else will too.  Thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: ricardomiranda on May 12, 2011, 02:51:03 PM
No doubt his MD is fantastic! Congratulations .......

Thanks for stopping by, hope to hear from you again soon.

Quote from: Exla357 on May 12, 2011, 07:48:52 PM
Well I don't normally visit the Hall Of Fame but I can see why this MD has earned it's place here! I don't use CAM, but those pics look awesome :thumbsup:
-Alex

Hello there.  The MD HoF is really the cream of the crop when it comes to MDing.  All MDs in here have earned their place by themselves alone but most importantly they were choosen by the public to be here.  I hope you can make the time to stop by the rest of them, there are some in here much better than mine.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you in here again.

Time for a little teaser. ;)

I'll be back later with the rest of the pics.
:P to a good friend of mine.  When he sees this, he'll know.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Nice picture there, Robin ! I really enjoyed it.  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Reikhardt

Are those trees with toilet roll draped over them? ()what()

Nice teaser!

Exla357

Nice teaser there. And yes, that is a TP'd tree. Looking forward to more.

-Alex
(PS: Tarkus does that exact same "-Alex". Let it be known that I'm not copying him LOL I've done it all my life ;D)

samerton

Great picture, Robin! Nice mix of houses!  &apls

io_bg

Nice teaser! Although I wouldn't really want to live across a cemetery :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Nardo69

Nice boring teaser, Robin!

@io_bg:  Why not? These kind of neighbours will not make any trouble such as noise, BBQ smoke etc ... ;)

rooker1

Here I was going for the boring look and from some of the comments above it seems I did a good job.  As for the cemetary right beside residential areas, I have seen this alot around where I live and I assumed it was similiar around the world.  I wouldn't really like to live beside a cemetary but there are worse alterantives.....like a huge dirty industrial factory.

In the entire large tile that this city is, I have used wide curves in almost every case.  I can't tell you how many times I wanted to give in and use the standard Maxis curves because they were much shorter or just easier to place.  But in the end I am very proud of myself and I think I used a Maxis curve twice that I can remember. ()stsfd()

Here is a nice night shoot with some cargo and commuter trains.  Some of my train stations are very well used, one is up to 160% of it's capacity.  This city now has about 750,000 Sims, I'm making good money, there is only train service, soon to be GLR and EL added in.

There is still a lot of pruning to be done....between housing and industrial.  In this pic you can easily see that I have mixed industry in very close to residential.  I have done this on purpose as this city is to be very dirty and moslty industrial, for as long as I can.

The demand is fairly high now and it's very easy to get some huge Buildings/Lots to grow just about where ever I want.  I now need to be very careful when I zone for high density.  Most of the city is medium and the out skirts low.  There are a few areas where I have these large residential buildings, but I have the majority in the down town area core.

Now remember that all this was done with CAM 2.0, no cheating nor plopping other than a few landmarks.  I have had a lot of fun with this tile and I will be showing a lot of it over the next few weeks.  ;)
Hope you enjoyed and leave your opinion, good or bad.
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

Looks very good. The buildings fit together nicely. It must have taken some time to grow them like you wanted.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

bat

Great new pictures there!
The teaser is also really good!
Wonderful work on this new update.
Looking forward to more... ;)

Exla357

That looks really nice, Robin! I will be stopping in to check on this MD's status very often :thumbsup:

-Alex

samerton

Great city you have there, Robin! I love the night pics  ;)

rooker1

Just a quick one.

Enjoy...
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Nice dump!  :D  CAM 2.0 looks promising and your transit networks in the new city look good  :thumbsup:  Also, I think cemetaries near residential areas are pretty normal.

Tomas Neto

Very nice, Robin!!! Realistic city my friend!!!   &apls

samerton

Great! Lots of traffic in the first pic, it all adds to the realism of your pictures.

bat

Two fantastic new shots!! :thumbsup: