• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yan077

Great work Robin ! I fully enjoyed the last update, especially the overview and the 2 last pictures are very realistic !

Exla357

That looks really nice, Robin  :thumbsup:

-Alex

ricardomiranda

Well its realistic city, congratulations!

rooker1

Another quick one and I'll do replies during the week.

Before

After

The tunnel wasn't working out so weel for me on the other sire, so it had to be demolished and a new idea put in place.

Enjoy the update and the rest of your weekend.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nbvc

Tomas Neto

Nice work, Robin!!!   &apls

threestooges

Quote from: rooker1 on May 29, 2011, 06:51:51 AMso it had to be demolished and a new idea put in place.
It was either that or some very heavy rain. Nice renovation Robin. How extensive is the canal system? Also, I really like the walkways lining the area. The pond by the ferris wheel looks a little odd (it might be the grass edge to it), but the shops and plants really help keep an area with large buildings from looking overly dense. Nice work.
-Matt

noahclem

Nice looking area Robin! That's a huge church! I like the avenue tunnel and the nice use of Kazuki's RBP lots. Nice idea having all those market-wall-pieces next to each other  :thumbsup:

bat

Great work on the church and park!! It's looking wonderful. :thumbsup:

nedalezz

I must say, atleast in my opinion, I agree wholeheartedly with the change. The canal and water look so much better than the road - it just fits the general look better :)

Battlecat

Well I've certainly been remiss in not stopping in sooner!  You've been doing some fantastic work over the past couple months but the latest update is simply stunning!

art128

Nice work replacing the tunnel by a pond, it's verry much more pleasant to see now! It looks like, as Matt said that you had flooded the tunnel!!  :P :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

I can only agree, it looks much better now :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rooker1

Quote from: art128 on May 15, 2011, 07:00:40 AM
Nice picture there, Robin ! I really enjoyed it.  &apls
Glad you liked it my friend.

Quote from: Reikhardt on May 15, 2011, 11:26:48 AM
Are those trees with toilet roll draped over them? ()what()
Nice teaser!
Yes it is, it's part of the game, you should get it in your cities as well.  Thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: Exla357 on May 15, 2011, 11:39:28 AM
Nice teaser there. And yes, that is a TP'd tree. Looking forward to more.

-Alex
(PS: Tarkus does that exact same "-Alex". Let it be known that I'm not copying him LOL I've done it all my life ;D)
Glad to see you here, thanks for dropping in.

Quote from: samerton on May 15, 2011, 11:53:30 AM
Great picture, Robin! Nice mix of houses!  &apls
Thanks, but it's my goal to make the neigborhood a little more uniform.

Quote from: io_bg on May 15, 2011, 11:56:43 AM
Nice teaser! Although I wouldn't really want to live across a cemetery :D
Hey Ioan, nice to see you in here.  I wouldn't want to live near a cemetary either....gives me the creeps.

Quote from: Nardo69 on May 15, 2011, 01:29:09 PM
Nice boring teaser, Robin!

@io_bg:  Why not? These kind of neighbours will not make any trouble such as noise, BBQ smoke etc ... ;)
Hey Bernhard, thank a lot, just what I was going for, but I still wouldn't want to live near a cemetary.

Quote from: RickD on May 16, 2011, 02:20:46 AM
Looks very good. The buildings fit together nicely. It must have taken some time to grow them like you wanted.
Thanks a lot.  It did take me a very, very long time.  I still am not happy with all the biuldings that have grown and I find myself very often pruning.

Quote from: bat on May 16, 2011, 09:52:56 AM
Great new pictures there!
The teaser is also really good!
Wonderful work on this new update.
Looking forward to more... ;)
Thanks bat, nice to see you around again.

Quote from: Exla357 on May 16, 2011, 02:41:38 PM
That looks really nice, Robin! I will be stopping in to check on this MD's status very often :thumbsup:

-Alex
Thanks a lot, I hope you like this update as well.

Quote from: samerton on May 17, 2011, 09:07:02 AM
Great city you have there, Robin! I love the night pics  ;)
Thanks, I do my best and I'm glad others like my work.

Quote from: noahclem on May 19, 2011, 03:07:58 AM
Nice dump!  :D  CAM 2.0 looks promising and your transit networks in the new city look good  :thumbsup:  Also, I think cemetaries near residential areas are pretty normal.
I like to make dirty look good and I have actually made some improvements to that area.  I have also just added GLR to more than half the city, man did that take a long time to do.  Thanks for the nice comment.

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 19, 2011, 03:33:28 AM
Very nice, Robin!!! Realistic city my friend!!!   &apls
Thanks a lot Tomas, glad you like it.

Quote from: samerton on May 19, 2011, 01:06:12 PM
Great! Lots of traffic in the first pic, it all adds to the realism of your pictures.
A few sections of my highway have more than 10,000 commuters, and the majority of the transit is over loaded in the core of the city.  Thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: bat on May 20, 2011, 06:34:46 AM
Two fantastic new shots!! :thumbsup:
Thank you very much.

Quote from: Yan077 on May 20, 2011, 08:49:03 AM
Great work Robin ! I fully enjoyed the last update, especially the overview and the 2 last pictures are very realistic !
Thanks Yan, I hope you like this update too.

Quote from: Exla357 on May 20, 2011, 06:27:13 PM
That looks really nice, Robin  :thumbsup:

-Alex
Looks like you are becoming a regular here.  Thanks for the comment.

Quote from: ricardomiranda on May 23, 2011, 07:05:24 AM
Well its realistic city, congratulations!
That's always my aim, thanks

Quote from: nbvc on May 29, 2011, 07:05:52 AM
Nice update. &apls
Always nice to see you here, thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 29, 2011, 08:47:52 AM
Nice work, Robin!!!   &apls
Thanks again.

Quote from: threestooges on May 29, 2011, 09:43:25 AM
It was either that or some very heavy rain. Nice renovation Robin. How extensive is the canal system? Also, I really like the walkways lining the area. The pond by the ferris wheel looks a little odd (it might be the grass edge to it), but the shops and plants really help keep an area with large buildings from looking overly dense. Nice work.
-Matt
Hey Matt.  I originally made the undergound avenue and loved the idea, but the other side was causing me some grief so it had to go.  As for the canal system, it's not very extensive right now, but it is growing.  Sometimes I do things a little bit backwards.  ;) And as for that pond, check out the pic below, it's been vapourized.

Quote from: noahclem on May 30, 2011, 12:16:13 PM
Nice looking area Robin! That's a huge church! I like the avenue tunnel and the nice use of Kazuki's RBP lots. Nice idea having all those market-wall-pieces next to each other  :thumbsup:
Thanks, glad you like it.  I thought the church was too big to begin with but I thought it would make a nice landmark.

Quote from: bat on May 31, 2011, 10:55:35 AM
Great work on the church and park!! It's looking wonderful. :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot bat, always good to see you here.

Quote from: nedalezz on May 31, 2011, 03:26:41 PM
I must say, atleast in my opinion, I agree wholeheartedly with the change. The canal and water look so much better than the road - it just fits the general look better :)
I don't like to make pretty cities and I wouldn't have made this change if my plan on the other side of that tunnel worked the way I wanted it to.  I like to add a little dirty to the pretty stuff, I believe this makes for better realism.  Thanks for stopping by Nedal.

Quote from: Battlecat on June 01, 2011, 08:31:35 AM
Well I've certainly been remiss in not stopping in sooner!  You've been doing some fantastic work over the past couple months but the latest update is simply stunning!
Thanks Gordan, I hope to see you in here more often and a lot sooner next time.

Quote from: art128 on June 03, 2011, 01:56:25 PM
Nice work replacing the tunnel by a pond, it's verry much more pleasant to see now! It looks like, as Matt said that you had flooded the tunnel!!  :P :thumbsup:
Thanks, and I guess it does look like that.

Quote from: io_bg on June 04, 2011, 02:57:44 PM
I can only agree, it looks much better now :)
Thanks, but look at the pic below, I hope it looks much much better now.

After after shot. 
I still need to do some pruning in this area though.  Some of those buildings must go for something a little more fitting and less repetitious.

And look what I got to grow in my city.

Gonna have to fix those frieght trips.  ::) Otherwise I am pretty proud of myself. ()stsfd()

Enjoy until next time.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

threestooges

Hefty factory you have there. How's that working with the traffic simulator? Also, the plaza looks better without the pond, but the trees look a bit large (not unbelievably large though, so that's good). Nice work Robin.
-Matt

supremec

Wow it's just fantastic!  &apls
Click on the banner to see my BATs

bat

Nice work on the canal!
Also great looking factory! :thumbsup:

noahclem

Wow, nice work getting that VW factory to grow! I'm also curious how the local transit network/transit simulator are handling that monster. As for the freight trips, perhaps converting your avenue viaduct to ERHW would help?  Or adding a little freight station siding to the rails there? You can stick the RHW viaducts right next to an avenue viaduct to convert them if necessary or, more often, I transition RHW to avenue TuLEPs once it hits the ground.

Your park/pond scene is looking very nice (with the large but not excessively large trees) and with a little pruning, as you've said, it should be perfect  :thumbsup:

I too know the headache of adding extensive GLR systems  $%Grinno$%

Tomas Neto

Wow... 23.595 jobs in only one factory?   ::)

The first picture is amazing!!!

ricardomiranda

The church square is getting better with each update, so do not think the trees so large, I think it is okay!
You have the link of the super factory? Thanks!