• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Quote from: threestooges on June 06, 2011, 11:22:19 PM
Hefty factory you have there. How's that working with the traffic simulator? Also, the plaza looks better without the pond, but the trees look a bit large (not unbelievably large though, so that's good). Nice work Robin.
-Matt
Hey Matt, great to hear from ya. 
The traffic simulator must hate me, but it seems to be doing alright.  If I don't plan an alternative in such busy section I do get a bad case of "Commute time too long" and than abondonment.  Check out the avenue just around the corner from that factory. 
As for those trees.....I like them a lot. ;)

Quote from: supremec on June 07, 2011, 02:31:45 AM
Wow it's just fantastic!  &apls
Thanks for stopping by and the nice comment.

Quote from: bat on June 07, 2011, 08:25:19 AM
Nice work on the canal!
Also great looking factory! :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot bat.

Quote from: noahclem on June 07, 2011, 10:23:42 AM
Wow, nice work getting that VW factory to grow! I'm also curious how the local transit network/transit simulator are handling that monster. As for the freight trips, perhaps converting your avenue viaduct to ERHW would help?  Or adding a little freight station siding to the rails there? You can stick the RHW viaducts right next to an avenue viaduct to convert them if necessary or, more often, I transition RHW to avenue TuLEPs once it hits the ground.

Your park/pond scene is looking very nice (with the large but not excessively large trees) and with a little pruning, as you've said, it should be perfect  :thumbsup:

I too know the headache of adding extensive GLR systems  $%Grinno$%
As of right now the avenue is doing alright, but I do still have a problem with long frieght times and I plan to remedy that this week by trying to get a rail line to touch the edge of the lot.
I do still have some work on that area to get it just right.  I'll be showing more pics of that area in future updates for sure as it improves.
Please say nothing about the GLR......I have had enough of it for a while.  And I still need to do some more. ::) :'(

Quote from: Tomas Neto on June 07, 2011, 06:10:27 PM
Wow... 23.595 jobs in only one factory?   ::)

The first picture is amazing!!!
Thank you my friend.  I have been able to maintain about that many workers at the VW plant for more than 50 years now, so I think I'm safe to say it's not going any where, but I do still need to fix that commute time.

Quote from: ricardomiranda on June 08, 2011, 07:48:26 AM
The church square is getting better with each update, so do not think the trees so large, I think it is okay!
You have the link of the super factory? Thanks!
Thanks a lot.  I'm starting to like the area more and more.
As for the VW factory, it's on the LEX.
VW Automotive Factory, a citynut/jestarr production

Check out this street corner.

The below pic is from my city and I am looking for "Groundscrapers", like the one in the pic.  Buildings that are around ten to twnenty-five floors high but take up a lot of gound.  If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Hope you enjoyed,
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

Tomas Neto

Wow... I believe that should live a lot of people in this city!!!  Fantastic!!!

Sciurus

The numbers of passengers in the tram! :o :o The most I have is around 5000 and I just have 145.000 habitants! :D
Excellent update by the way, &apls but I'm sorry I can't help you for the "groundscrapers" ()sad()

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

samerton

Simple but brilliant pictures..! I think they're amazing&apls

Exla357

Hey you've got some serious tram traffic there! Sorry I missed the last two updates. I don't know what it is but something about these cities gives me butterflies.....it feels eerily realistic.

Might I suggest modifying your title every update so that on the HOF main page it'll read, for example, "Mindscape - Update 145?" It will make it easier, at least for me, to track Mindscape so I know when to stop in and look at a new update  "$Deal"$

Looking forward to seeing what comes next  :thumbsup:

-Alex

art128

This sort of building lakes a lot in the game, maybe some BATers can think to do some !  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Terring7

Your Sims really like your tram network ;D
Keep it up :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

bat

The second picture looks beautiful!
The first, too... :thumbsup:

rooker1

Quote from: Tomas Neto on June 10, 2011, 03:14:50 AM
Wow... I believe that should live a lot of people in this city!!!  Fantastic!!!
Thank Tomas.  Just after 500 Sim years I have broken 1,000,000 Sims on this large tile and the majority of the tile is stage 5 to 7 .  I'm trying for a midrise over crowded city.

Quote from: Sciurus on June 10, 2011, 05:28:11 AM
The numbers of passengers in the tram! :o :o The most I have is around 5000 and I just have 145.000 habitants! :D
Excellent update by the way, &apls but I'm sorry I can't help you for the "groundscrapers" ()sad()

Thanks a lot.  All my mass transit is overwhelmed in this city.  GLR, bus, train is nearing 80% usage in the entire city.  My highways are packed, the avenues are way over crowded and the streets and roads are even more crowded.  I love it. ;)

Quote from: samerton on June 10, 2011, 10:26:56 AM
Simple but brilliant pictures..! I think they're amazing&apls
Thaks for stopping by.  As for "simple"....sometime less is more. :thumbsup:

Quote from: Exla357 on June 10, 2011, 10:30:22 AM
Hey you've got some serious tram traffic there! Sorry I missed the last two updates. I don't know what it is but something about these cities gives me butterflies.....it feels eerily realistic.

Might I suggest modifying your title every update so that on the HOF main page it'll read, for example, "Mindscape - Update 145?" It will make it easier, at least for me, to track Mindscape so I know when to stop in and look at a new update  "$Deal"$

Looking forward to seeing what comes next  :thumbsup:

-Alex

Thank you very much.  I'll take those butterflies as a compliment.  I do my best to make the my cities look realistic and when someone else notices it make all my hard work worthy.
As for the suggestion, I'll keep it mind and I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: art128 on June 10, 2011, 10:42:08 AM
This sort of building lakes a lot in the game, maybe some BATers can think to do some !  :thumbsup:
Hey Arthur, always good to hear from you and I do agree, ground scrapers are lacking.  And this is why I asked if anyone can think of any.  I most likely have them all, but it's a worthy question.

Quote from: Terring7 on June 10, 2011, 11:01:17 AM
Your Sims really like your tram network ;D
Keep it up :thumbsup:
I'm glad my SIms like the GLR, it took me a long time to build as I built it after the city was built.  Thanks for the comment.

Quote from: bat on June 10, 2011, 12:00:26 PM
The second picture looks beautiful!
The first, too... :thumbsup:
Glad you like the pics my friend, thanks for dropping in.

Now for a few pics. 
Sit back, enjoy and remember this is CAM 2, all grown and still a lot of prunning to do. ;)

And the Ground Scraper pic again as I am still hunting for more and if any of you have any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Hope you all enjoyed this update.
Robin  ()stsfd()

Call me Robin, please.

io_bg

Nice update, I really like how you've put retaining walls and buildings under the highway :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Exla357

That all looks fantastic except for the tree in the middle of the freeway  :D

Sciurus

A wonderful city!! &apls

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

art128

Nice work there, Robin! As Ioan said, the highway is well arranged, Also as the neighborhood. I really liked the railway interchange, thought it's a bit a shame you were not able to put a smooth curve at the left side.   :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Your city is really beautiful!
Superb work on it! :thumbsup:

noahclem

Nice to see the city coming along well Robin.  :thumbsup:   I wish I could help you with your quest for "groundscrapers" but I don't think many similar bats to the merchandise mart exist. That particular building held the world record for largest building in floor space for several decades I believe, so it isn't very typical. There is a mozukuss bat on the LEX that might be similar height and volume.

Look forward to more  :thumbsup:

RickD

CAM 2 seems to work great for you. I see some impressive buildings.

Was your search for groundscrapers successful? I am looking for this kind of buildings, too but there don't seem to be many around.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

sc-4

Robin , I've just finished to read the 73 pages of your MD and it's just awesome all you've done !

Call me Ludo

rooker1

Quote from: io_bg on June 12, 2011, 09:26:35 AM
Nice update, I really like how you've put retaining walls and buildings under the highway :thumbsup:
Thanks Ioan, I was wondering if anyone would notice.

Quote from: Exla357 on June 12, 2011, 06:36:34 PM
That all looks fantastic except for the tree in the middle of the freeway  :D
Thanks.  That some times happens to us all.  In one view it looks good and in another the damn tree goes through the the highway.  Well, I have since fixed it, hopefully there are no more.  ;)

Quote from: Sciurus on June 13, 2011, 01:55:21 AM
A wonderful city!! &apls

Thanks a lot Guillaume, nice to see you hear.

Quote from: art128 on June 13, 2011, 03:11:23 AM
Nice work there, Robin! As Ioan said, the highway is well arranged, Also as the neighborhood. I really liked the railway interchange, thought it's a bit a shame you were not able to put a smooth curve at the left side.   :thumbsup:
Thanks a lot Arthur.  I used the smooth curves where ever possible.  I thought it was a shame as well.  I may go back to that area and see if there is something else I can do.  ;)

Quote from: bat on June 13, 2011, 09:40:20 AM
Your city is really beautiful!
Superb work on it! :thumbsup:
Thanks bat, I try my best.

Quote from: noahclem on June 13, 2011, 11:06:29 AM
Nice to see the city coming along well Robin.  :thumbsup:   I wish I could help you with your quest for "groundscrapers" but I don't think many similar bats to the merchandise mart exist. That particular building held the world record for largest building in floor space for several decades I believe, so it isn't very typical. There is a mozukuss bat on the LEX that might be similar height and volume.

Look forward to more  :thumbsup:
Thanks Noah for giving the ground scrapers some thought.  I have checked out mozukuss stuff and I may have some space for some of it, thanks again.

Quote from: RickD on June 20, 2011, 06:45:05 AM
CAM 2 seems to work great for you. I see some impressive buildings.

Was your search for groundscrapers successful? I am looking for this kind of buildings, too but there don't seem to be many around.
I have found some , but I need to put them through the PIM-X as they are not CAMpatible.  Thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: sc-4 on June 23, 2011, 12:40:46 AM
Robin , I've just finished to read the 73 pages of your MD and it's just awesome all you've done !
I am always honored by new comers to my MD taking the time to read through it all.  Thanks for your time and your comment. I hope to see you around more.

Now for a few pics of an area in my city that I am fairly happy with.  Tell me what you all think, please.

Well that's it for tonight, I hope you all enjoyed and I look forward to hearing your comments.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Exla357

Glad to see another update! I really love the central tree zone cutting through that neighborhood area. My only concern is your use of Maxis baseball fields. They are a bit small, and they seem isolated from each other, kinda unrealistic if you ask me, as well as the scaling.

Other than that everything looks great!

-Alex  :thumbsup:

noahclem

I'm glad if you found my suggestion useful  :thumbsup:  I really like this update, especially as I'm kind of a sucker for diagonals and you've placed a very nice selection of Glenni's, Prepo's, and Mozukuss' BATS. I particularly like the clever placing of 6 of Glenni's diagonal/orthogonal transition buildings into a 270 degree curve. I think the sports complex turned out very well, as have the other parks.

Great update and looking forward to the next  &apls