• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

Hi Robin,
stunning pictures again! I´ve played a little bit with this awesome set after i´ve seen these pictures, but only for fun and did nothing comparably...It needs a lot of time and work, again a good example of Your imagination and skills. Really impressive, and how everybody can see: not only suitable for a Parisian setting.  &apls  &apls &apls
Greetz, Carl

rambuckel

That River looks amazing. Great idea to let tubes run through it.  :thumbsup:

-rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

noahclem

Great use of the new Xannepan walls Robin!  &apls  The details, especially underwater, are really well done. I use his walls quite a bit as well and have found a small handful of pieces I wanted that were missing--so I created them  ;D

As far as water look goes, I reduced transparency to 9 meters and use one of drunkapple's mods from the STEX. Reducing transparency would ruin all those nice underwater details you've added here so that may not be the best plan for Mind Scape.

Look forward to more  :thumbsup:

ricardomiranda

Robin very realistic details! I especially like the submerged culverts!

Dantes

Only now I discover this topic.  ??? Wow, that picture with the bridge is great. :o  The idea of ​​the underwater pipline is awesome. I must now often purely look here.   :)

Framly

Two fantastic updates

Great idea my friend &apls

Keep it up!

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

rooker1

Quote from: threestooges on September 19, 2011, 04:08:32 PM
First off, from the last update, that interchange/overpass from the first picture is amazing. A bit scary in its complexity, but well executed. How much planning did that take?

As for this update, nice bridges, and great use of the new seawalls. I hadn't downloaded them as yet, but I can say now they'll be making it to my plugins folder after seeing them at work here.

I like the pipeline under the water there, but it doesn't look right with stuff over it like that. Whatever is on top of it looks more like rock than plant, and it doesn't look quite right. I do like the pipeline idea in general though. It adds a great level of realism, age, and a bit of industry to the canal. It's a place that, with the walls, is meant for sun bathing, but probably not the place you'd want to dive right in without a shower right after.

Nice work there Robin.
-Matt
Hello Matt, I have since destroyed that scary intersection.  I had made it more for fun...I think.  I wasn't very happy with how the area had turned out, so it all was destroyed.  As for the seawalls, I love them and think they look great, but they were destroyed in the mass destroying process.  Guess what?.....the pieps were destroyed too. lol.  I have since relotted those and think they look much better now.  And I wouldn't recommend a swim in that river.

Quote from: RickD on September 20, 2011, 01:06:27 AM
Great looking river bank. I must have overlooked that the Seine River banks set is already released.
You have chosen a perfect depth for the water. You can still see some details but it is not too shallow for the boats.
Where did you get those underwater pipes from?
Thanks for the nice comments.  Those underwater pipes are actually from an oil pipeline set from the STEX.  A little trick you'll nedd to know.....remove your water and place all the underwater details you wish, exit game and bring the water back and viola, under water details at thier finest. ;)

Quote from: vortext on September 20, 2011, 11:04:44 AM
wow, the walls just look awesome, especially in combination with those JENX bridges :thumbsup:
You've just given me some inspiration for the river in my city (read, I'm gonna nick this idea  ;D ).

As for the pipelines, perhaps choose another set, why would they need fences alongside if they're underwater? 
Some bigger boats would be nice, it looks like a pretty wide river. And maybe add some ploppable trash to the riverbed, for that special innercity river smell   ;)

edit: I forgot to mention the buoys and culverts are very realistic details, well done
I'm very glad to have given you some inspiration.  As I said above the pipeline set has been relotted and hopefully looks much better.  I hope to post some of those pics in the next update.  As for the details....I do try my best. ;)

Quote from: marsh on September 20, 2011, 04:47:13 PM
Amazing. I've never thought of adding that level of detail underwater. :) Very creative.
You never thought of underwater details.....no way, you are one of the great detail masters. :thumbsup:

Quote from: nbvc on September 20, 2011, 09:14:11 PM
Great work with the city and also the under water pipes. &apls
Thanks alot

Quote from: art128 on September 21, 2011, 07:31:32 AM
Robin, the underwater pipeline is just AWESOME! you just gave me an awesome idea! :o

As usual excellent stuff, and more precisely fantastic pictures with Xannepan's riverbanks walls.
Thanks Arthur, good hear I gave you some ideas.  I can't wait to see what you do.

Quote from: Badsim on September 22, 2011, 05:34:19 AM
Hello Robin ,

I’m so glad to see this great & hard work from Xannepan so properly used ! ( and it was totally unexpected to see it there .  $%Grinno$% )
Awesome work ! ...  &apls &apls &apls that gives me envy to come back to the Triumphal Way , except that my SC4 calendar is already overloaded for the next months !  ::) ...

Quote from: rooker1 on September 19, 2011, 02:43:08 PM

I was also thinking of making the water more dirty...any thoughts there?

Great idea to play with underwater stuff and water transparency . If I remember correctly what Orange_o_  told me to do with the Seine ( for The Triumphal Way ) , you can open your Terrain Mod with Ilive Reader and change value of  that property : TerrainTexTilingFactor .
I was using MissouriBreak Terrain Mod and have had to set that value to 0.09 … of course , that’s a particular example of  what I did to get a particular transparency ( But I think that a urban river shouldn’t be that much transparent ) , you have to experiment  various values with your own Terrain Mod . For a river , you can also disable Waves effect …

I hope that will help you my friend . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

Thanks Cedric, but I have very little luck when I open ILive Reader.  Thanks for stopping by my friend.

Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on September 22, 2011, 07:18:05 AM
Really nice update !
I love thoose pictures with the underwater pipe, very unique, great job ! :)

QuoteI have figured out the secrets.  Are you ready?
As most of us I downloaded this set, but I can't find the courage to use it for now, many pieces etc, etc... I have to thank you then :)
&mmm
QuoteI was also thinking of making the water more dirty...any thoughts there?
Good idea, the water texture is not the best thing in those pictures. If you want, you have a green texture in Rivit's coastal mod : http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/files/file/22358-coastal-modd/

Keep it up !
Benoit
When I want dirty water I just use one of jeronij's modds and plop the dirty water effect.  Found here....JRJ Rural Culverts And Water Effects  I tried all of Rivit's water modds and didn't find one I liked. &mmm Thanks for the idea though.

Quote from: bat on September 25, 2011, 05:52:24 AM
Two fantastic updates with beautiful images!!!
Thanks my friend.

Quote from: Connor on September 25, 2011, 06:42:04 AM
Beautiful work as always, and the underwater pipes were a great idea  :thumbsup:
Thanks for stopping by.

Quote from: carlfatal on October 04, 2011, 10:34:32 PM
Hi Robin,
stunning pictures again! I´ve played a little bit with this awesome set after i´ve seen these pictures, but only for fun and did nothing comparably...It needs a lot of time and work, again a good example of Your imagination and skills. Really impressive, and how everybody can see: not only suitable for a Parisian setting.  &apls  &apls &apls
Greetz, Carl
Thanks Carl.  The set does take alot of work to get it just right, but in the end it is all worth it.

Quote from: rambuckel on October 07, 2011, 06:29:29 AM
That River looks amazing. Great idea to let tubes run through it.  :thumbsup:

-rambuckel
Thanks alot.

Quote from: noahclem on October 07, 2011, 06:54:32 AM
Great use of the new Xannepan walls Robin!  &apls  The details, especially underwater, are really well done. I use his walls quite a bit as well and have found a small handful of pieces I wanted that were missing--so I created them  ;D

As far as water look goes, I reduced transparency to 9 meters and use one of drunkapple's mods from the STEX. Reducing transparency would ruin all those nice underwater details you've added here so that may not be the best plan for Mind Scape.

Look forward to more  :thumbsup:
The set is great and I too think there are a few pieces missing.  I'm very interested in seeing what you have made.  I just want seomthing where the transparency is just a little less.

Quote from: ricardomiranda on October 11, 2011, 04:00:49 PM
Robin very realistic details! I especially like the submerged culverts!
Thanks.  I like to try eveything possible to add that touch of realism.  But sometimes the ideas are not the greatest. :P As it turns out the culverts maybe one of my better ones. ;)

Quote from: Dantes on October 12, 2011, 07:27:22 AM
Only now I discover this topic.  ??? Wow, that picture with the bridge is great. :o  The idea of ​​the underwater pipline is awesome. I must now often purely look here.   :)
Thank you very much  always great to pick up a new reader.

Quote from: Framly on October 26, 2011, 04:29:52 AM
Two fantastic updates

Great idea my friend &apls

Keep it up!
Thanks, always nice to see you in here.

Now for some pictures.
Here is the rework on the harbor and some more under water details.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

I did had plans to do something a little grander this month for the SC4D 5th anniversary but I have found myself with very little time to actually play the game.  I will still do my best to get a few updates out before the ned of the month.
I hope you are enjoying the SC4D Picture Contest voting to see who has the best picture of 2011 season. I also hope you all took part in the voting for your favourite MD to go to the MD HoF section.  The voting is over and io_bg is the big winner and a big congrats to him and a very well deserved win at that!

That's it for this evening.
Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

threestooges

I like it Robin. The road with the docks leading off it reminds me of some of the causeways I've seen in Miami (ex: http://www.floridata.com/tracks/ray/images/aerial3_miami.jpg). Very nice result with it. This new "diagonal bridge" mod has been demonstrating some very interesting results. I like the harbor itself, but a number of the pieces seem a bit close together. I know marinas can be fairly cramped, but for larger boats, a decent bit of wiggle room seems like it'd be required. The 4th pictures demonstrates it best: the boat launch crane thing on the left side seems to have docks crowding it. The road pieces just left of the crane facility (the gray bits) seem to have regular gaps of grass between them. Is that a part of the piece itself, or what causes that?
-Matt

noahclem

Awesome update Robin!  &apls &apls

I love those roads along the edge of the marina!  &apls Really a great idea that I hope you don't mind me borrowing from you sometime down the road  ;)  The elevated highways with the plazas under them also look really nice  :thumbsup:  All those marina areas with the docks and boats are very pleasant and the underwater MMPs look great!

Responding to your reply, I plan on showing some of my re-lotted Quai Seine pieces in action soon, although they're fairly basic--though they've allowed me to do a couple of things I otherwise wouldn't have been able to. As far as water mods and transparencies go, I'm starting to think I've made my own water slightly too opaque (your underwater details may be influencing me a bit  ;D )

Looking forward to the next edition and I'm joining you in celebration of 5 years of SC4D!   &dance

thundercrack83

Hi, Robin!

Long time, no post, my friend--I do apologize.

I simply cannot believe what I am seeing here, though! That harbor is one of the most amazing things that I've ever seen here at SC4D! And the shot with the RHW? Breathtaking, my friend! Absolutely breathtaking! I'm a bit far behind in the game here, so I'm going to have to go through and see what else I missed!

Keep up the fantastic work, and I hope to be back sooner rather than later!

Dustin

art128

great update Robin.

I really liked this harbor too and the way you used the road bridge as a pier is unbelievable. Also excellent job along the highway, it fits pretty well the area.

I just may say something about the boat lift.. I think it would be much more better to put in on another lot, instead of being horizontally, I think vertically (according to the picture) would works very well. As now there are not much place left to let the recently lifted boat turn well to exit the harbor.

Take care,
-Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

Well this is really amazing & creative !
A bridge as a pier ? Nice idea ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Kergelen

Amazing update!

The industrial port and marina are impressive. Also all the work with the MMP under water. I like the combination between marina and industrial harbour and I love to see so much activity. &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Battlecat

Fantastic job on that harbor, it turned out very nicely!

I don't recognize all the components you're using, particularly the stuff in the 6th picture.  It look great! 

Terring7

Fantastic pictures, you made a lot of brilliant work for the marina and the bottom of the water :)&apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

rooker1

No replies for right now.  I was just wandering if this looked better now....less crowded and more realistic.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Framly

Great picture Robin!

I really like the underground of the bay &apls

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

threestooges

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester