• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TheTeaCat's GRV II Bits and Bobs

Started by TheTeaCat, March 11, 2009, 02:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Quote from: meinhosen on March 21, 2009, 07:30:44 AM
Beautiful work, TTC!  My compliments on your farm scenes... I think I'm going to borrow a few things that I saw in your pics.  :)

Thank you Sir. Go right ahead in the borrowing  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Splime on March 21, 2009, 09:15:13 AM
Wow... those are some amazing rural shots!  :thumbsup:

Thank you Splime. Glad you like them ;D

Quote from: Simpson on March 21, 2009, 09:58:35 AM
Wow Derry !  :o
Ths update is simply incredible my friend, this rural area is amazing  &apls
David

Thanks David. Its actually been fun to do. And looks pretty good I think and its not even finished $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Ennedi on March 21, 2009, 10:54:44 AM
Beautiful shots Derry! The rock mod on the riverside looks fantastic  &apls
Very good use of Chris' ploppable flora, farmfields borders look very natural, I can see only one or two places with "SC4" lot edges (the end of dirty road on the second and third picture). The rest is perfect  :thumbsup:
Adam

Thanks Adam.
Praise from you is praise indeed  :thumbsup: you noticed then ::) that road connection - darn  :'(
still got time to go back and sort it out, better put the kettle on eh?

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 21, 2009, 07:42:00 PM
Very nice indeed, some darn nice pictures. So you liked my little rock on the river curve, well done and smart idea to install a path. Keep it up.

Fred

Thank you Mr B. Glad you like the pics. As soon as I saw the little rock in the river bend I knew exactly what I was going to do there.
You've got lots of lovely little features tucked away in the region to make good use of :D :D

Quote from: cameron1991 on March 21, 2009, 07:57:24 PM
Very nice, I really like the trail going up the hill, it's so good, I might have to borrow it!  :D
I also love the winding tree-lined rural streets!  :thumbsup:

Glad you like what you see Cameron.
It took a few goes to get it looking good but it can still be improved I think. We'll have to wait and see eh?
You like my country lanes then ;D ;D

Ok just the one shot this time

what do you think?

Oooh kettle's just boiled
Who wants a cuppa?

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

I thought a pic of some development might be to your liking :)

Till the next time
TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

mightygoose

nice work even if the farms are a little small... very pituresqe
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ennedi

Very nice mosaic Derry! :thumbsup:
I like the photoshopping. Shadows are clear but not too contrasting, they create an illusion of the third dimension. Looks great! &apls

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

meinhosen

That's some fantastic work, Derry!  The attention to detail(s) is some of the best that I've ever seen.

On a side note, there are two farms (surrounded by cornfields) right in the center of your mosiac that I've never seen before, and I'm curious where you got them.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Rayden

Nice work Derry, it looks fantastic. But it's missing something, the RP Barnhouse Farm. $%Grinno$%

jmyers2043

I am really loving this Bordertown. I get to see so many great screen grabs. That picture looks just like my game - except - its much better than the way I play   :'(   with all the trees and curvy roads. 
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Some replies are in order

Quote from: mightygoose on April 10, 2009, 11:33:05 AM
nice work even if the farms are a little small... very picturesque

Thank you MG :thumbsup:
Glad you like it
Quote from: Ennedi on April 10, 2009, 12:22:31 PM
Very nice mosaic Derry! :thumbsup:
I like the photoshopping. Shadows are clear but not too contrasting, they create an illusion of the third dimension. Looks great! &apls

Adam

Thank you Adam.
Not to much PS done lowered the saturation by .15, the brightness by.10 and raised the contrast by .10 thats all. gives a nice effect though. Oh yes I changed the angle of the sun too  :D :D a small personal mod. ()stsfd() I raised it by 50 so it gives a slightly smaller and and more defined shadow. Glad you were the one to notice it &apls &apls

Quote from: meinhosen on April 10, 2009, 12:29:13 PM
That's some fantastic work, Derry!  The attention to detail(s) is some of the best that I've ever seen.

On a side note, there are two farms (surrounded by cornfields) right in the center of your mosaic that I've never seen before, and I'm curious where you got them.

Thanks a lot Meinhosen

Its all in the details as they say, glad you like it :thumbsup:
They are farms by JMeyers2043 available on the LEX. I haven't got the link to them right now but I'll get it for you don't worry ;)

Quote from: Rayden on April 10, 2009, 04:03:03 PM
Nice work Derry, it looks fantastic. But it's missing something, the RP Barnhouse Farm. $%Grinno$%

Thank a lot Rayden ;)
Yes I know it missing but do you think I can get it to grow now  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%
Not a whiff of it anywhere $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% Maybe it is a badly modded version I have in my plugins ::)
better go and check :D :D

Quote from: jmyers2043 on April 10, 2009, 04:50:50 PM
I am really loving this Bordertown. I get to see so many great screen grabs. That picture looks just like my game - except - its much better than the way I play   :'(   with all the trees and curvy roads. 

Thanks very much Jim :thumbsup:
Your not the only one who's loving it, there's a few others out there who have got some great stuff too.

"That picture looks just like my game" is probably because all the farms in the mosaic are lots and bats done by you :D :D :D
and it all fits so well together.

If it wasn't for you this pic would never have been possible, Thanks a lot for sharing them and giving me so much pleasure playing with them :thumbsup:

Looking forward to Challenge 3  ::) :D :D

TTC

meinhosen

Thanks a lot Meinhosen

Its all in the details as they say, glad you like it :thumbsup:
They are farms by JMeyers2043 available on the LEX. I haven't got the link to them right now but I'll get it for you don't worry ;)

Hmm, I have all of JMyers farms, but I don't recognize those at all.  Never worry, I'll go in and double check my plugins and game... I have enough farms that they've probably grown and I never noticed.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

TheTeaCat

Just a few pics I had lying around, thought I'd share them with you :D
No captions or which tile they are from - I've forgotten ::) ::)
but they are all from GRV II  :thumbsup:

Grab a cuppa and enjoy  :thumbsup:

Hope you like ;D

regards
Derry

Pat

Derry love that construction site there!!! Did you lot that per chance or did you download it?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

I like the rail yard in the fourth picture from the top. Let's see ... 10:30pm here ... I'm off to fire up the LE.

Nice pictures all - except for the one where 6 of my bank buildings grew up in a row  ()sad()   ::) 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Cheers Jim and Pat  :thumbsup:

Pat those "construction sites" are reward placeholders (used in a lateral thinking way and with my twisted brain  ::) they fit the plan perfectly)

Thanks Jim glad you like the pics and JFMyers Banking Corp must be the only financial institution  doing well
in Border town. ( or else they escaped my eye and would have the 'dozer pass by.)

Anyhow here's a little animee showing the region as it grows from a population of 25,000 to 131,000
We pick the animation up at a population level just a little under 50,000

Hope you like.

TTC

Pat

OMG Derry wow animated region builder sweet!!!!!  about that construction site would mind sharing?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie