• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TTC's Challenge No.2

Started by TheTeaCat, March 16, 2009, 04:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Pics for this challenge have been posted here
:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

All pics are from tile F

The new route  A 2 through the Grand River Valley starts from Esperance and
heads East towards Fawkham. It passes through the old walled village of Fawkham
site of the famous Fawkham Spring - Its waters famed for refreshing the parts other
waters don't reach and where FPWCO (Fawkham Power & Water Corp) makes its home.

Leaving Fawkham we head north to Chelsfield with the impressive Devil's Ridge in the
distance. We head in a North Easterly direction towards the coast and Kingsoake famed for its
spectacular coastal road. And equally stunning sunrises when the conditions are right.

I chose this as the new route as it connects the tiles on the northeast corner of the region.

Fawkham Power Division

Fawkham Water Division

Even though the plants may produce pollution and be the main employers, stringent air and
water quality controls ensure the surrounding area is safe for all. Besides the local resident
action group FPWCO (For Pollution We'll Complain Often) have the ear of the local mayor and
have local by-laws rigorously enforced.

Time to stick the kettle on  ::) :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

just_a_guy

Wow I like the whole thing! Very nice :thumbsup:

I just have one observation, isn't it a bit uncommon to have both the water and power plant so close by each other?
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Derry wonderful setup and now I got me some ideas, time for me to get to work myself lol  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jmyers2043

A very nice and overall well thought out facility. The screen grabs were a pleasure to examine.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

dedgren

Whew, Derry- eyepopping stuff!

I am wild about that coal heap- you must tell me where you found it.  I think coal is going to be discovered in 3RR...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jablme

Quote from: dedgren on April 10, 2009, 09:26:01 PM
Whew, Derry- eyepopping stuff!

I am wild about that coal heap- you must tell me where you found it.  I think coal is going to be discovered in 3RR...
David

are you new at this?    :D 

that'd be this, there's all kinds of coal stuff there  ;D
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19978

mrbisonm

Judging of Challenge 2

A.   Almost perfectly place, the new route gave great access to new terrain and into a new direction. We gave you a solid 5 points for the route challenge.
B.   Although we were looking for more envrionmental power, this power lot combination is extremely well done. One thing though, it is too big for what we asked for (15K to 25K Pop). We gave you 4 points for the powerchallenge.
C.  The waterchallenge is very nicely done and would certainly have earned a perfect 5 in another challenge or CJ. First it seems to be too big for a 15K to 25K population and the fact that it was placed close to a very polluting powerfacility didn't help either. We couldn't give you more than 3 points for the waterchallenge.

A Total of 12 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, we liked very much the details of the power and waterfacility, but because of certain facts we could not give it a perfect score. Excellent work and Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

TheTeaCat

Thank you very much for the points received :thumbsup:

rooker1

Hey Derry,
I like it alot, maybe the Mayor of this city knows something that mrB doesn't.  ::) How high will the population be soon or more importantly, how high is it already?
Great work, I love the choices.  As far as the looks go, it's just about how I would have done it.  Crowded, dirty and tall for me all the way.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Hey Derry question where did you find your power plant??

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Pat on April 15, 2009, 12:22:48 PM
Hey Derry question where did you find your power plant??

Hey Pat Answer on the LEX here and here

mrbisonm

You're welcome TTC, nice work, keep it going!

Quote from: rooker1 on April 15, 2009, 11:34:24 AM
I like it alot, maybe the Mayor of this city knows something that mrB doesn't.  ::) How high will the population be soon or more importantly, how high is it already?

Maybe rooker1 didn't read Challenge 2 or missed something?...lol....It said that the Governor wanted power and water for 15k to 25K population and not for the whole region yet to be civilized. ;) Future projects were not included in the challenge. Excellent remark though.

Fred