• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4

Started by Rayden, May 01, 2009, 06:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

As requested by the Governor here is the map of my region as it stands at the beginning of this challenge.

And this is the Separatists orders given to Pat.

Quote from: Rayden on May 06, 2009, 03:09:09 PM
This is the demands of the separatists group commanded by El Rayden:

1 - Restore the communications with the north, by rebuilding the rail line, but keep the control outposts either on Route 10 and BRT.

2 - Start by building a Railyard as in the map, and a freight station where the red dot is.

3 - Develop farming within the area as in the map.

4 - Build residential and commercial within the areas as in the map. At the same time, start developing industry within the area as in the map. Try to balance things so the demand flows easily. Don't forget to give a space buffer between the industry and residential areas. A two or three tile space on both sides of the main Route 10 will be sufficient. Fill it up with trees and other stuff you find appropriate, like small rest stops, gas stations or similar.

5 - Build civic services when necessary.

Try to follow this lines by its order, it will easy your job, specially when you have to develop different kind of industries. For instance, as soon as I-M starts growing, the farming demand drops to negative, so, try to develop farming first. The coloured areas are just markers, you don't have to fill them up completely, just use your best judgement.

Most important, don't use high density at all, I don't want to see anything bigger than 3 or 4 floors max, nor high wealth. Play with taxes to make things grow the way you want.

I believe that's all for now, it should give you a few hours play time. Enjoy.

El Rayden :satisfied:

TheTeaCat

Your Attention Please.
The South is now under  TTC (Teacat Total Control)

Please construct the following in tile G

A.  You are asked to build a Powerstation/plant, or anything that will be able to sustain a small town with electrical energy in a strategical location. Choose the location well, according to your future downtown or town center.
As  mayor you don't have to worry  about any kind of possible pollution, practical access, costs of maintenance and of course of efficiency. It should supply electricity for 25,000 to 45,000 simhomes and it should look like it does.
No nuclear plants or something that big, ok?! We don't want to let the north know we have the capability yet! $%Grinno$%

So, you must build a power/energy plant or whatever thing that delivers electricity or any other form of energy to your future town now, whether it is one lot/BAT or a combination of several lots together or independently plopped, no matter how and where. You decide the most logical place for it to be. This powerstation will supply the South only.
Then you will hire  simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby.

B.  Then another thing that is as important, if not more important, is the watersource. Clean, pure and fresh water for your sims. The way you get it is up to you. Again, you can use one BAT/Lot or a combination of several together, whether they are or are not water delivering lots but as long as they look like it. again cost is of no relevance here either.
Then you will hire  simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby.

Maximum size of this town/village to be 5,000 sims

C Please provide all civic services as and when required or asked for in the workers town too.

D Under no circumstances build a mayors mansion without submitting reasonable reasons/plans
   for the present the mayor can live in normal housing.

Recap of this challenge

• Power source to be built
    • Water Source to be built
    • Small town to support (max size 5,000)
    • No mayors Mansion Reward to be built
    • All this to be worked on in Tile G

Further Directives will be forthcoming.

:satisfied:
    TTC

[/list]
    Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
    "Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
    Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Rayden

Thx Derry, that is a very nice and easy challenge, and more or less follows my plans for that region :thumbsup:
    You'll soon hear from me with the update ready. ;)

TheTeaCat

()meeting()
    Intelligence sources have conveyed this message to me
    Quote from: Rayden on May 02, 2009, 10:10:21 AM
    Lucky me I have a "pussy cat" instead of you :D

Careful they claws may come out sooner than you think ?$%kar&%h
    Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
    "Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Rayden

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 02, 2009, 12:21:12 PM
    ()meeting()
    Intelligence sources have conveyed this message to me

Careful they claws may come out sooner than you think ?$%kar&%h

:D :D Scary Cat  :D :D

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Rayden on May 03, 2009, 09:25:46 AM
    :D :D Scary Cat  :D :D

Ok where and how did you get a pic of me in the morning?

If you have intelligence gathering agents in my region, I give them 24hrs  starting at 0.00hrs GMT on Friday
    to return to the Northern Terrority.During this 24 Hr period they will not be harassed in any way.

Once this period has expired they will be arrested and detained.

Cordially yours

TheTeaCat.
    C.I.C.
    (Cat in Charge)

mrbisonm

Reminder:

There's a little over 24 hours left to do your challenge, so please do remember this.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Rayden

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 02, 2009, 05:25:04 AM

Recap of this challenge

• Power source to be built
    • Water Source to be built
    • Small town to support (max size 5,000)
    • No mayors Mansion Reward to be built
    • All this to be worked on in Tile G

Further Directives will be forthcoming.

TTC

Power source to be built and Water Source to be built
    Power and water plants

Workers Quarters

Small town to support (max size 5,000)

This was a rather small challenge, but thankfully it was as this week my free time was rather short too. If you need further images or any other details, just ask. I'll be posting a few more pics tomorrow evening on the aditional images thread.

Cheers
    Silvio

soulchaser

erm...you forgot almost everything mrb asked for!!!

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Rayden

Quote from: soulchaser on May 17, 2009, 06:59:08 PM
    erm...you forgot almost everything mrb asked for!!!

Well, looks like I missed reading that part of MrB orders and now there is no time anymore. Anyway time is getting shorter and I may have to give up on this soon. &mmm

soulchaser

that would be really sad.

your effort was great.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
    You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
    Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

Rayden

As I said before, time is getting shorter by the day, and I'm having a lot of work in RL and sometimes I just can't concentrate enough to play the game. I don't want to hold up anyone, so, you'd better count me out of this.

Sorry Fred and Lynn, you've been being very good hosts with this project of yours and I wish you all the good luck with it. From now on I'll just keep an eye in here, and I'll post from time to time.

mrbisonm

Sorry to hear this Rayden. Good luck with this lots of work irl and don't forget us. Come in once in awhile and leave a comment, we all would appreciate this.

Lynn and Fred ;)