• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TTC's Challenge 4

Started by TheTeaCat, May 01, 2009, 10:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Absolutely priceless, Derry. :D I never cease to be amazed by the many talents of our members. BTW, thanks for the link - got it and love it!

Later...

Joan

TheTeaCat

"Mr. Mayor we have them"

"What?"

"Those pics they wanted!"

"Who wanted?"

"The Southerner's, they wanted those aerial pics of their region"

"Oh Yes."

"Well....... Don't just stand there, hand them over.
let me have a look

Ok then so this is the view we have for Lornbury eh?

And this for the rebel held area's of Espernace.

these look pretty good to me. I like the extra details too- nice work

See there Jones, that's where I was going to have my residence, shame it's now on the other side.
So then copies have been dispatched yes?"

"Ummmm Not yet Sir."

"What? Do I have to do everything around here?
Just what is it we pay you for? nevermind just get them sent pronto.

Come on boy move your ......"

"Yes sir."

"Oh yes I almost forgot... before you disappear"

"Sir....?"

"Get me some Tea!"
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jmyers2043

Factory Workers Support Border Checkpoints

QuoteThe armed troops and fencing can be withdrawn/removed as it is the Northern Region's wishes
to engage only in trade and business peacefully for both regions mutual benefit.

And frankly having armed troops and armor sitting on the borders terrify's the local populace, who have only basic law enforcement to protect them. We are a peaceful nation without any military capability.

The North is asking the Southern Rebels to withdraw the troops from check points established at the Grand River bridges.  What is your opinion?

100% of the workers at the Underhill Casket Co support the military effort.

64% of Southern women want their husbands to stay on guard duty. They apparently like the new found peace and quiet at home.

40% of the patrons at the 'Here's to you Pub' want the troops to stay as it makes for good bar talk.

80% of The Tea Cat wants the troops withdrawn. Another 13% of him is itching for a fight while the remaining 7% is undecided. I'll let you decide what part comprises that last 7% (I think I already know  :o)

In addition, 73% of SC4Devotion readers are beyond " all belief " that the South rebelled, while 9% said that they could " hardly believe " it. Another 13% said they " couldn't give a bleep " about the whole thing.

100% of the Southern commanders want to stick it out. But Mayor Jim has a soft side too. So this is what I'll do (or more correctly, what Derry will do :D)

1. The fences will have to stay.
2. There will be a small presence at each check point. Two Hummer's at each border crossing.
3. All other troops shall be withdrawn to areas designated by the arrows. Specifically, at the southern side of Esperance there seems to be an open area. Please station the Quick Reaction Team (QRT) in that open meadow. In Lornbury, there is an area behind some trees where the QRT can camp. (See map below)
4. Obviously, we'll need a couple of aerial screen shots to insure that TTC is in compliance and fullfilling the demands.

New Taxation announced by Mayor Jim

The reason for the Hummer's at each border crossing is so that the South can begin collecting its new entrance fees. Effective immediately there will be a 5% tax on all tea and other goods entering the southern territories. The taxes will be levied on the spot and collected by check point personnel. The lack of visibility of southern tanks and anti aircraft batteries should be enough to ease the minds of the northern public. Out of sight out of mind approach. However, their new positions will allow speedy deployment if anyone from the north tries to cross the border without first paying the entry tax. We are glad that you wish trade and we're confident the new tax scheme will enhance business for both sides. 

Best Regards – Mayor Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Quote from: BarbyW on May 03, 2009, 02:44:28 PM
How about you do something with it quickly and make it a CD exclusive for a while? Just send me the lot, model etc not in an installer but with a Readme and it can go onto the forthcoming CD.

Files sent to Barby  ;D

Pics as David just loves to say are ...............................imminent   ::):D

:satisfied:
TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

BarbyW

Barby has the file and will do the scrutineering herself so that there can be no leaks of this prior to the CD.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

I said a pic was .......imminent
so here's a teaser of "My Place"

Geee I really gotta clean the lens ::)

TTC

mike3775

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 11, 2009, 05:31:09 PM
I said a pic was .......imminent
so here's a teaser of "My Place"

Geee I really gotta clean the lens ::)

TTC

What did you expect using technology from the early 1900's?  :)

TheTeaCat

Putting all the parts of the challenge together for easy reference.

Posting quickly - more info at end of post.

Challenge 4 part 1 - Copy of Orders Posted
Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 02, 2009, 05:25:04 AM
Your Attention Please.
The South is now under  TTC (Teacat Total Control)

Please construct the following in tile G

A.  You are asked to build a Powerstation/plant, or anything that will be able to sustain a small town with electrical energy in a strategical location. Choose the location well, according to your future downtown or town center.
As  mayor you don't have to worry  about any kind of possible pollution, practical access, costs of maintenance and of course of efficiency. It should supply electricity for 25,000 to 45,000 simhomes and it should look like it does.
No nuclear plants or something that big, ok?! We don't want to let the north know we have the capability yet! $%Grinno$%

So, you must build a power/energy plant or whatever thing that delivers electricity or any other form of energy to your future town now, whether it is one lot/BAT or a combination of several lots together or independently plopped, no matter how and where. You decide the most logical place for it to be. This powerstation will supply the South only.
Then you will hire  simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby.

B.  Then another thing that is as important, if not more important, is the watersource. Clean, pure and fresh water for your sims. The way you get it is up to you. Again, you can use one BAT/Lot or a combination of several together, whether they are or are not water delivering lots but as long as they look like it. again cost is of no relevance here either.
Then you will hire  simworkers to take care of and maintain it and making sure that they have a place to stay nearby.

Maximum size of this town/village to be 5,000 sims

C Please provide all civic services as and when required or asked for in the workers town too.

D Under no circumstances build a mayors mansion without submitting reasonable reasons/plans
   for the present the mayor can live in normal housing.

Recap of this challenge

• Power source to be built
  • Water Source to be built
  • Small town to support (max size 5,000)
  • No mayors Mansion Reward to be built
  • All this to be worked on in Tile G

Further Directives will be forthcoming.

TTC
Challenge 4 part 2 -  3-5 pics separatists demands

pic 1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Challenge 4 part 3 - What I did

Farm lotting challenge
Soon to be a LEX CD Exclusive

Challenge 4 part 4 - Monument pic

My apologies for the lack of polished presentation but posting quickly.

I am afraid I have to travel home for a family emergency, so would ask not to take these as the final pics unless the deadline passes, I just wanted to get them in on time.

I leave for Ireland at 0600 and do not have at the moment a return date.

If it is possible to fill in the blanks before the deadline passes I will but there is no guarantee &mmm.

I believe I'll have other more pressing things on my mind.

I just wanted to let you all know.

Thank you for your understanding

Derry

Nardo69

Hi Derry!

Picture No. 2 is marvellous (thanks for reminding me of that railway station building BTW :) ). For the side tracks e.g. at the garage facility however you might try the STR .... ;)

About yout family emergency I wish you all the best and that it will become good for all related persons.

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

soulchaser

Those pics are awesome, amazing, fantastic.....I'm speechless!  &apls

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

jmyers2043

Hello Derry

Very nice. You've named the small villages and the main town looks wonderful.

The O'Gorman farm is much better than the one I did, that's for sure :D. I like the irregular shaped front yard with the floral border and the stone wall along the road. The farm house was well chosen as the roof is a close match to the barn roof. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Sorry to hear about the family emergency - take good care.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

meinhosen

Wonderful work, Derry!   It's hard to single out one pic... I think each one got better than the rest as I scrolled down the page.  :)

Hope everything works for the best with your family emergency.  Take care!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

mattb325

Great update - the lake is particularly well done! Hope everything is well with your family.

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  Excellent demands, well thought over. 5 points.

2.  Fantastic execution of jmyers' demands, one of the best we've seen. A lot of affort was put into this. We enjoyed the pictures, details, descriptions and explanation and especially the story that came along with it. 5 points were given without any hesitation.

3.  The Monument looks great, well contoured with parkland and close to or within the city, another 5 points were given.

One of best updates of challenge 4, congrats. The effort put into this paid off and we added some 15 points plus 1 Bonus point for entertainment and originality to your total points. 16 points in all.

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)