• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TTC's Challenge 7 - Economy and Business

Started by TheTeaCat, August 01, 2009, 02:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Here are my pics for challenge 7

Challenge 7 part 1 - 3 pics of Industrial area's

Challenge 7 part 2  - 3 Pics of Commercial area's

Challenge 7 part 3 - Natural Resources

Challenge 7 part 4 - Farming Communities

Challenge 7 part 5 - Central Park

Just wanted to make sure I posted the pics :thumbsup:

Will edit in background info before the closing date

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jmyers2043

Ah – the second industry picture has two of the GasCooker 'gasometers'. I haven't seen those things grow in my game for ages. I'll have to do some research and figure out what is going on.

I like the fishing pier. Nicely done on that little island. 

The night time city shot is gorgeous.

Holy Moly – that's one huge Christmas tree farm.  :o  I blame the governor for that one as you do not usually make large farms.
Quoteno hobbyfarmers though, we want real, moneymaking industrial-like Farming
Boy if I could have been a fly on the wall when your read that line.  :'(   :D 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Thank you Jim :thumbsup:

I have those Gasometers pop up all over the place. If I don't make them historical they soon disappear ::)

The only logical place for the fishing industry was there, glad you like it.

Quote from: jmyers2043 on August 01, 2009, 03:26:22 PM
Holy Moly – that's one huge Christmas tree farm.  :o  I blame the governor for that one as you do not usually make large farms.  Boy if I could have been a fly on the wall when your read that line.  :'(   :D 

Oh I didn't like that bit one iota $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% So the only thing was to do as he says. I was thinking of how to do that then remembered I can get your Xmas tree farm to grow whenever I want and knew it would fit the bill. Seems the sims in Bordertown won't be having trouble purchasing one next yuletide ::) $%Grinno$%

I'm quite pleased too with the nighttime shot. ()stsfd()

Glad you like the stuff I've done

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 7

Now that you have judged Challenge 6, you know how difficult judging is....;) Glad you understand now and thanks for judging. The judging of Challenge 6 is still open to everyone and will stay so for awhile to give everyone the chance to judge. Just remember, your judgements will only count as long as you have judged all Challenge 6's.
How this challenge (7) was judged can be found in the Challenge 7 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 7 also.
The pointage will follow in a short time and the judging of Challenge 8 will be after that. Then we will get a new Challenge to work on, while giving me the time to get the Challenge 9 judging done. I will have to do my own part of Challenge 8 first before I start judging yours.
Not everyone will get their judgements of Challenge 7 at the same time, so please have some patience so I can do them all, a matter of two or three days only.
Thanks.

1.  Definitively one of the best industrials I have seen. Excellent work and nothing less than 4 points. I really enjoyed the outlay, the pictures and the variety of Industrials used. A good amount of time and efford were put in this one. Excellent!
2. A little less impressive than the industrials, your commercial center is not worth less points though. Again 4 points were added. Love that downtown area, that small park is just lovely and fits well into the scene and the nightshot, well....you really caught the perfect angle. Again, excellent!
3.+ 4.  A little confusing with the resources demand though. Is it Fishing and/or Farming? I can't really figure out, not well indicated eitherand no description of whatsoever. I have to give you 3 points for this and  3 points for the farming demandpicture because which one is what is hard to say? Quite confusing, sorry.
5. Central Park, well, this is exactly what I meant by a central park. The size, location and lay out are perfect and 4 points were given.

The total score is 18 points plus the ontime Bonus point makes it a final score of 19 points in this challenge. Congrats, one of the best yet.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)