• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

TTC's Challenge 8 - Getting stuff in and out

Started by TheTeaCat, October 31, 2009, 12:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Well that was a pretty good meeting with the Governor and at last it now seems that we can start to get the ball rolling regarding shipping and transport. Right whats first?
"Smythe - would you mind stepping in here for a minute please"
"Smythe"

"Smythe - I'm calling for you boy!"
"Smythe......Peters...... Anybody........Answer me"

A head pokes in the door "You called Sir"
"Yes. Who are you?"

"Me ..I'm your new assistant Sir, the names Roche, James Roche, how can I help you?"

"Um... ok, but what happened to Smythe?"

"Well it seems he had a vision and has left to become a hermit"

"what? A vision? A hermit? Just what the heck are you on about...........Sorry what's your name again?

"Roche,James Roche, and yes that right Sir and no I don't understand it either but he did brief me fully before he left and well, that's where we stand today."

"Ok First things first, go put kettle on and make us a cuppa, then we'll just have to put our heads together and get to work to fulfill the Guv'nor's requests."

"Right then, here's a copy of the Gov'nor instructions just so that you can see just what you have to do.
Now as you can see we really don't have lots of time to get all the infrastructure inplace for the deadline date. So I won't keep you here any longer, as I know that you have lots to do but before you go can you make me another cuppa, thanks very much."
Days Later

"Smy....Roche, would you please pop in here for a minute or two"

"Sir, how can I help?"

"How have we done, are we ready, have you got the pics? And Stick the kettle on too while your at it"

"Got them right here sir, Here's your cuppa and what you want to see first?"

"Let's see the overall pics first and then the detailed ones."

"Ok Sir, Here's the Satellite pic"

And the Transport pic

"Um ... Roche, right I can see the airport and the harbour but we had unlimited funds and I was expecting a big airport and port, you know something impressive and what have we got?
two piddly little things from what I can see."

"What you mean, unlimited?"
"You obviously didn't read your brief properly, boy"

"but there's a recession going on and I thought it would be better not to overspend and besides there's space to expand if necessary."

"Hmmm, that reasoning may have some weight. Its too late to do much now, so show me what you got done then."

Right Sir, Well I tried to use facilities already in place as much as possible, so that as little funds were spent, but without interfering with whats we have already in place. I Had to build an airport and Harbour but the rail freight facilities are actually coping quite well with nothing over worked at all."
"here in Albyn you can see that we added a small freight yard which gave some new employment to the town which the residents were delighted with.

Albyn 1

Albyn 2

Albyn 3

"Here in Beaumont, I used the rail facilities already there. What we did here Sir was to upgrade their communications so that the have good internet service."
Beaumont 1

Beaumont 2

Beaumont 3

"In Esperance, once again we did not need to improve the rail yard, but as you can see they still have space to upgrade but for the moment everything is working well"
Esperance 1

Esperance 2

Esperance 3

"New-Independance rail yard was taken over by new owners, who have invested heavily in it but kept the origional name so that the locals were happy"
New-Independance 1

New-Independance 2

New-Independance 3

"In Droitwich is where I zoned and built the Airport. I placed it here because I thought with the Military airbase in the same location, noise pollution can be kept to a minimum."
Droitwich 1

Droitwich 2

Droitwich 3

"Now we come to Meriden where I placed the seaport."
Meriden 1

Meriden 2

"A new bridge was built to connect the Island port to the mainland."
Meriden 3

And here we can see a short animation of the port as it passes through a 24hr period taken last week Sir."

"So Sir there you have it, what do you think?
"Not too bad, but please read everything properly in future, but I like it. I just hope the Guv'nor likes it, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, eh?"
"I suppose so Sir, Oh yes there was this pic caught by someone as they made their final approach on the first flight into Droitwich Airport of the derailment."
"Derailment?"
"Yeah the one on the news."

"Yeah some kids put an inflatable Lama on the rail line as a prank and the driver slammed on the brakes. Couldn't have picked a worse place for it to happen as we had to close the underpass and traffic was a nightmare for 24hrs but everything is back to normal now."
"Good to hear, now I really need a cuppa, would you do the honours?"
"Certainly Sir"
"Then you get these pics off to the Guv'nor"

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BarbyW

Nice pics, Derry, but I think you posted the wrong ones for Droitwich.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

Quote from: BarbyW on October 31, 2009, 02:03:01 PM
Nice pics, Derry, but I think you posted the wrong ones for Droitwich.

Thanks for catching that Barby :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Orange_o_

&apls    
I am very impressed, it's really perfect

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Nardo69

Nice one. You might be rather successful in trying to guess why I like this one ...  :D

And nothing serious to nag one (I might have put the one or other switch different or left away but that's nothing worthy to remark).

I loved a bit at the derailment!  :D Hope you increased the railway budget though and replaced those deranged rails!

Take care

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

lynncanox

Very much work in this update for you I think. You have done a very nice jobs on everything. All is looking almost perfect. I like it a lot and I like the story you tell. Sometimes so real and funny to read.
Some good points here. Cannot wait to hear the comments of Fred on this one.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge