• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your powergrids and substations!

Started by Buzzit, October 08, 2010, 08:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

On the ploppable vs. draggable front, I can see the merits of both types of power lines.  I am finally trying to work on making a draggable version of my power line set, but I realize right away that the draggable Maxis power line set is not all that controllable.  There can only be one draggable power line set in use at a time, and only four poles (orthogonal, diagonal, orthogonal intersection, and diagonal intersection) can be used in that set.  Not only that, but the intersection poles always default to the north rotation after a zoom or rotation of the camera even if they were originally dragged out in another rotation.  This means the draggable corner pylons will have to be symmetrical.

Not bad at all, Buzzit.  The power lines connect to the substations quite nicely, despite the fact that some of them were not designed for each other, and the substation lots complement each other.  Of course, I like the power plant BAT as well, as you can see by looking at my picture earlier in this thread.  It looks as though you, Jdenm8, and Mikeski all remembered to keep tall trees out of the power line ROW areas.  Maybe there won't be many fires or power outages near the power lines now.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

RickD

Ploppable pylons (maybe even mayor mode ploppable?) without wires batted on them would be great to have. I would use them.
If the wires where modelled to scale, they wouldn't be visible in SC4 anyway (except maybe in zoom 5).
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Allein

Buzzit

here's just a small shot wich i made for testing my new pylons.
the concrete texture seems to be over now as these pylons didn't had the same issue  :)

MandelSoft

Glad to see some more awesome pylons from you, Buzzit! Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Catalyst

Construction of a new power grid to power the south-eastern US cities with clean wind power.

packersfan

I like the ploppable powerlines as I they can travel over zoned areas like farms, but I don't like that they are not slope-friendly.  Now I'm toying with using modded Maxis real powerlines and keeping the area beneath them cleared out like in real life (though in the countryside, lines with cross farmland...sigh).